Good Road Map Of Northern Thailand

Rasseru

I am looking for a good road map of northern Thailand. I have Nancy Chandler's Map of Chiang Mai and a map called A Long Stay Destination/Chiang Mai & Northern Thailand/Mekong/Tourist Information Map Series, published by G.H. & Associates Co., Ltd. One trip to Chiang Dao made me realize that neither provides anything like the detail I want in a touring map. I would be grateful for any recommendations.

you should be able to get some good map .. from the local thai bookshop ..

in airport plaza ..inside robinson a new bookshop had open ..

or a book shop call "seeds"

suriwong bookshop ..

and also DK bookshop ..

there sell Road maps. and highway guild . as well as assorted map of thailand ..

i got 2 map ( book )

of thailand and it had by far help me to drive around at least around whole of thailand.

good luck if you have problem getting to any of the book shop let me know whould be happy to help

pm me

The best map of Northern Thailand is the B&B map made by David Unkovitch, The Golden Triangle Rider (He is a TV member) who also makes his own maps, however, it is temporarily out of print and NO ONE has it. :o

I have it, and you are quite welcome to borrow it Rass when you go tripping, and it's the "beer proof" version, and definately the best map of NT around :D Just give me a yell and let me know when you need it...

I am looking for a good road map of northern Thailand. I have Nancy Chandler's Map of Chiang Mai and a map called A Long Stay Destination/Chiang Mai & Northern Thailand/Mekong/Tourist Information Map Series, published by G.H. & Associates Co., Ltd. One trip to Chiang Dao made me realize that neither provides anything like the detail I want in a touring map. I would be grateful for any recommendations.

I was loaned a CD of Map Magic (Thailand 2005-2006 ET) which I downloaded to my hard disk..

you can make all the maps you need, you can zoom in on an area print it out, make as many maps as you want if your planning a trip you can print out your whole route....

I was loaned a CD of Map Magic (Thailand 2005-2006 ET) which I downloaded to my hard disk..

you can make all the maps you need, you can zoom in on an area print it out, make as many maps as you want if your planning a trip you can print out your whole route....

I am trying this also. It can be purchased at the Eagle GPS store in Panthip Plaza. About 300 baht for the set of printed map and CD.

Thanks for both posts about the Map Magic CD. I will check this out too.

For anyone who is following this thread out of a similar interest, I should perhaps mention that I have found two other maps in the GT-Rider Guide Maps series by David Unkovitch, who was mentioned in an earlier post. These maps do not cover all of northern Thailand, like the one that is currently out of print, but both are available (I found them at Thapae Gate Books) and are excellent for what they cover, which are the Mae Hong Son Loop and the Mae Sa Valley Samoeng Loop, respectively.