Renew multi entry visa

inflight2000

I am an American and have been living in Chiang Mai just over a year on a non O multi entry retirement visa. I renewed my visa but now have to go back to immigration to get the multi entry again . What will they ask of me? Paperwork, pictures, money ?

Where did you renew your visa as one has to leave the country to renew a visa. But more than likely you are talking about anextension of stay for one year. You will now need a re-entry permit either a one year or a multiply entry, 1000b for the first and 3800b for the second. There is plenty of information here about what is required I will let you lookit up. It would help you and also the people you ask for information if you educated your self about the proper names of what you want.

Edited by moe666

I got a re-entry permit only yesterday. I went at about 3pm and was in and out in a matter of minutes. You need a photo, and one copy of your TM card, the info page with your photo on, the page with your last entry visa, and the page with your current visa. Take them to the girls out front that check that all is in order and she gives you a number. I went in and went straight to the Re-entry visa desk as there was no queue. Single re-entry is 1,000 baht, I'm not sure about the cost of multiple re-entry, but more than twice that amount, I'm sure.

You need to fill out the re-entry form and supply copies of the appropriate pages of your passport in addition to the fees mentioned above. The copy shop next to immigration knows which pages to copy. Just tell them you need copies for a re-entry permit. Most people that I know have this form ready before they get their extension of stay so that when they get their passport back with their extension of stay they just pop over to the copy shop and come back to the desk outside immigration first to show their documents and then go inside to get the re-entry permit. It usually only adds 15 minutes to their trip.

Grin

I got a re-entry permit only yesterday. I went at about 3pm and was in and out in a matter of minutes. You need a photo, and one copy of your TM card, the info page with your photo on, the page with your last entry visa, and the page with your current visa. Take them to the girls out front that check that all is in order and she gives you a number. I went in and went straight to the Re-entry visa desk as there was no queue. Single re-entry is 1,000 baht, I'm not sure about the cost of multiple re-entry, but more than twice that amount, I'm sure.

3,800Baht for the multiple entry stamp.

If you have PR it's an extra 1,900Baht to have the stamp repeated into your PR resident book. A nice money spinner for nothing.

Airport immigration today, more than 2 hours wait to collect the extension stamp and re-entry permit. That one man show running the 90 days reports is now also doing the re-entries, besides hanging on the phone, joking with the girls and otherwise try to look angry. One fat girl but funny, another somewhat pretty and quiet. They are however only allowed to fill the stack with waiting passports.

Should have taken it straight to Promenada or just get the stamp at the airport when flying off.