Woes of buying from Lazada Thailand

ezzra

Very recently I have ordered 2 items for Lazada Thailand, finally the have arrived in 2 sealed boxes,

I have asked to open the boxes to inspect the merchandize for correct item, size and color and was

told by the deliveryman that I'm not allowed to do so unless I sign and take possession first, to which

I have declined and refused delivery, talking to Lazada call center people in the Philippines, they

confirmed that this is their policy but also agree that this is wrong, so I have canceled the deal

forthright and will not buy from them ever again,....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a difference between opening the shipping box, which you ought to be able to do, vs opening a box of the actual retail item, which I can see being problematic.

By opening just the shipping box, you're able to see that the correct item was shipped and it's not damaged, at least from the exterior.

I've opened shipping boxes from Lazada in the past without any problem, before signing to accept delivery. That way, if they've sent the wrong item by mistake, you can simply refuse to accept and they take back the unopened retail item.

At least, that's the way it SHOULD work.

Ordered for lazada over a dozen times. No issues at all thus far.

Returning an item to the delivery guy who is often just a courier is pointless. If the item is wrong, follow the online procedure and return it. As I said, never had the need to so far.

I think there's a difference between opening the shipping box, which you ought to be able to do, vs opening a box of the actual retail item, which I can see being problematic.

By opening just the shipping box, you're able to see that the correct item was shipped and it's not damaged, at least from the exterior.

I've opened shipping boxes from Lazada in the past without any problem, before signing to accept delivery. That way, if they've sent the wrong item by mistake, you can simply refuse to accept and they take back the unopened retail item.

At least, that's the way it SHOULD work.

By opening the shipping box you'll be able to check if they inserted the correct item BOX and if that box is damaged, but that is as far as you will get with your visual check.

when I ordered a seiko watch earlier this year I opened the actual box to check that the watch was genuine before paying(cod), it was genuine though. When you are getting a brand name item you need to make sure it is genuine before handing over any money due to the amount of fakes that are found here in Thailand, opening the actual packing box though should be fine in most cases on lesser item but when you spend several thousand baht you need to be certain you are gettng what you pay for.

I can't think of any delivery services that let you open the package before you've signed for it.

I buy from Lazada very often, paid at home in cash. Every time, without asking, without signing anything, I checked the package and tested the product if electronic. Never a problem.

when I ordered a seiko watch earlier this year I opened the actual box to check that the watch was genuine before paying(cod), it was genuine though. When you are getting a brand name item you need to make sure it is genuine before handing over any money due to the amount of fakes that are found here in Thailand, opening the actual packing box though should be fine in most cases on lesser item but when you spend several thousand baht you need to be certain you are gettng what you pay for.

Nonsense. When buying something from a reputable company like lazada it will be genuine.

Nonsense. When buying something from a reputable company like lazada it will be genuine.

Lazada = Alibaba = Chinese sellers = 80% counterfeit

Lazada = Alibaba = Chinese sellers = 80% counterfeit

As others have mentioned - my Thai son, his wife, their daughter and myself have bought at least 20 products from the Lazada site. If in stock in Thailand delivered to our house in CM within 2 to 4 days. If shipped from abroad usually 10 to 14 days and outside the full control of Lazada.

Daughter in law and granddaughter have bought many fashion items, clothes, bags, shoes, I think mostly shipped from Sth. Korea or China, on every occasion quite pleased with the quality.

In every case every item correct, nothing damaged, all as per description on the website. We always sign for the delivery man and it's clear on their site most things can be returned if customer not satisfied.

Lazada say on website,"check contents are correct"

So they should sort it out! Fact is I have claimed refund money via Paypal for faulty product! They don't even reply to a Paypal dispute.NEVER pay COD. You'll never get your money back

Well, for items sold by Lazada themselves, probably, yes.

But Lazada, like Alibaba, is also an aggregator of a lot of e-shopping companies outside of Thailand and especially in China.

For those, I wouldn't be so sure.

If not open the box to inspect the contents, which often in this country is either the wrong item or

damaged, you're left with the task of complaining to Lazada, asking for replacement/refunds

felling claim forms etc., etc., this is the wrong way of doing things, and beside, what is the down

side for Lazada that the customer will inspect the content in the present of a witness?.....

I have ordered many items from Lazada, COD every time. All items arrived on time or earlier than stated on the website. In one case the item received was not the same as described on their website. We repacked the item in its original factory box, sent it back with a copy of the shipping receipt showing the shipping cost for the return and I received the money one to two weeks later in my bank account.

The only issue I've had with Lazada is with the recent change of ownership it was very difficult to find items that were not imported. However, sorting by delivery time the Thai supplied items rose to the top of the search results. Issue resolved.

The other day, I ordered an item from Lazada via the internet site. At Checkout, I made sure delivery info was correct and paid by CC. When I received confirmation of payment I discovered that the "ship to" address had somehow defaulted to a prior address I had shipped a gift item to previously.

There seemed no clear path back to amend the order so I called the local customer service number, expecting frustration and failure. Their phone CS has been frequently criticized on this forum.

What I got after only a few menu selections was a young woman who spoke with excellent English (no Thai accent) and who patiently listened as I explained my problem. She was able to immediately correct the shipping address and made sure my account information was correct. The entire problem was resolved in less than five minutes.

It seems Lazada paid attention to complaints about it's CS and made some big adjustments. I suspect that they are forwarding English language inquires to a call center in the Philippines where the level of English is much higher. Lazada has a large Philippine version as well so it probably dovetails well for them.

I ordered a set of Samsung Colour Lazer Jet Cartridges as the price in IT City Shop was 10% higher than quoted by Lazada Online. When I they arrived they were delivered by IT City. Always a brilliant service from Lazada.

Welcome to the Lazada Dissatisfied Customers Club. I am still in the throes of a nightmare after having placed an order

with them.

Wrong product was sent by Lazada. After numerous telephone calls/emails having reported their error, I received instructions

on how/where to return the incorrect item. Complied. Wrong item sent to Lazada warehouse as instructed and included short

computer printed note explaining reason for return and copy of email from Lazada dealing with the matter. Warehouse personnel

was thus informed of reason for return and provided with their Customer Service information to verify. Approximately one week

later, the wrong item was returned to me! Explanation: Past warranty! Note the wrong item was returned by me unused and in

original packaging.

Reported return of wrong item to me and related that it was not a warranty issue but rather a return of the wrong item, i.e., not the

item I ordered. Apparently Lazada warehouse personnel were as inattentive as those who sent the wrong item in the first place.

Latest response from Lazada: They will give me a store credit voucher for 1,000 baht. The correct item ordered and paid for cost

2,290 baht plus return postage = 2,,342 baht. Never mind the time expended with numerous telephone calls and emails to sort out

their mistakes.

So, Lazada screws up not once but twice. Then offers to make amends by crediting me with less than half of what I paid. Needless

to say, I will never deal with them again. Happy to take my business elsewhere.

How could you tell?

What's the problem? You still have full return right and will have the shipment cost refunded if there's anything wrong with the delivered items.

As stated before, there is no business that will allow you to open the packaging before taking possession by signing. How do you think the company will handle returns if people can just open packages any way they like?

I can't think of any delivery services that let you open the package before you've signed for it.

Perhaps the OP wanted to try on the clothing. I'm surprised they don't bring a portable dressing room with them when they deliver.

Never had any problems ordering from them. Chances are your order was as it should have been.

Agree. We've ordered around 20 times from them, always COD. Sign for receipt, open box and quick check, pay courier and keep all packaging just in case later or warranty issue.

Never had any problems so far.

Lazada is in one word GREAT.

I have ordered dozens of items, from my HP computer to cat food and anything in between.

Never any problems, always the correct item and always in good condition.

Fast delivery 2-4 days for Thai shops and within 7 days for international shops.

I pay COD (Cash on Delivery) or prepay by Bank Transfer.

Once a item was sold out which I prepaid and within 5 days I was refunded. I did not even had to contact them, Lazada did it all themselves.

I am sure sometimes things go wrong, shit happens with every company and service.

I contacted them 3 times for minor pre-delivery questions and all quick replied by email.

Archived