Toilet bowl water level

Boatman37210

Looking for a toilet bowl where when you do your business it goes to water rather than the side of the bowl.

Use to a higher water level in the toilet bowl in the US. Looked at several toilets and found one or two that I think would work, but then not sure if you can tell by looking.

Any guidance on what to look for? Do manufactures publish the amount of water held in their toilet bowls?

Thanks.

Foot note: Just noticed on specs of an American Standard toilet the they listed water surface area as 9" by 8".

Maybe water surface area specs is what I am looking for?

Edited by Boatman37210

I think most of that is in the design of the toilet and it seems most Thai toilets are not designed for a fat ass. wink.png "Western" toilets, being larger I suppose, don't seem to get the skid marks but cost a lot more. Go figure.

The first reply is really silly.

I have an excellent TOTO toilet and I find the water level way too low.

I had a Thai plumber in and asked him if he could adjust the water level, and he basically told me he couldn't fix it.

MOST thai inlet valves are adjustable therefore allowing you to increase or decrease the water capacity,maybe your unlucky OR your Thai plumber is telling you porkies whistling.gif

adjusting the flushing volume/water level in a toilet is not rocket science JT. take off the top of the tank, take a look how to adjust the float (different systems exist), think hard for a couple of minutes and i'm sure you can do it with the help of a simple screwdriver moving the float ball or the adjustment weight.

How-to-fix-a-leaking-toilet.png

Edited by Naam

If I am on the right track....the op is talking about the amount of water in the bowl below your bum, BEFORE you flush...

Your just going to keep looking for a suitable WESTERN MADE one....the elbow behind the toilet, on the waste side may be too low. and you need a bigger elbow...

there are a wide range of toilet designs on this planet, perhaps we are most comfortable with the ones we grew up with.

i personally dislike 'american' dunnies as your - sorry, MY - dick touches the water while i am having a crap.

old style german pots are bad, too, with your 'product' drying on a platform before you can flush it.

modern toilets use a very small amount of water, 3l for #1 and 6l for #2, it is in your and your planets' own interest to minimise the amount of water you waste to dispose of your wastes.

Now if you wish to defecate with ease

Never sit with your elbows on your knee's

Sit up straight and then you'll find

You never defecate on the seat behind.

dave-hakken-s-toilet-2-0-is-lighter-stro

Edited by shunter

Playing with the water tank does not alter the pan water level.

I'm afraid it's a design feature of the pan itself.

Probably dependent on the height of the outlet pipe.

here you go,

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/water-toilet-bowl-37124.html

that's of course correct, i thought JT meant the tank volume.

No. I meant the level in the bowl before flush. Still adjustable or not?

Playing with the water tank does not alter the pan water level.

I'm afraid it's a design feature of the pan itself.

Probably dependent on the height of the outlet pipe.

here you go,

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/water-toilet-bowl-37124.html

that's of course correct, i thought JT meant the tank volume.

No. I meant the level in the bowl before flush. Still adjustable or not?

it is not. it is governed by the design of the pan.

Back to my "silly" reply... it's the design of the toilet that determines water level. From what I have seen, many toilets sold here are much smaller than "western" models which probably explains the skid marks most of us make. In my case, our bathroom has a nice big "western style" toilet and no problems. in the other two bathrooms we opted for the cheaper (I'll call them) Thai style toilet. Skid marks every time. The "bum gun" can help wash it down and we also have the toilet brush adjacent. Again... water level in the toilet cannot be "fixed" or adjusted.

there are a wide range of toilet designs on this planet, perhaps we are most comfortable with the ones we grew up with.

i personally dislike 'american' dunnies as your - sorry, MY - dick touches the water while i am having a crap.

old style german pots are bad, too, with your 'product' drying on a platform before you can flush it.

modern toilets use a very small amount of water, 3l for #1 and 6l for #2, it is in your and your planets' own interest to minimise the amount of water you waste to dispose of your wastes.

what's your secret Manfred? i wish my dick would touch the water when... unsure.png

what's your secret Manfred? i wish my dick would touch the water when... unsure.png

no secret, really, just natural endowment. found out the hard (flacid) way with food poisoning at a supposedly 4* hotel in ny.

if you defaecate and vomit at the same time and the ambient temperature is in the 'comfort' range...

it was not pleasant at all.

plus+++, you end up contracting all those secondary infections that you usually only pick up if your girl offers 'back door' services!

never mind, you, as a fellow kraut, should know the 'plateau' dunnies of your parent's place. any better?

MY - dick touches the water while i am having a crap.

If my dick touches the water when I'm taking a crap, I know that I am in serious trouble!

Either I have a serous plumbing problem and the toilet is about to overflow OR I'm pissed and have accidentally sat down in the dog's water bowl!

Can you imagine going to Home Pro and asking the useless "sales people" who follow you around for the water level in the bowl of each of the dozens of commodes they have on display? cheesy.gif

..seems your water use would be high if you have to wash your big fella each time...watch out for them pan-snakes mate!

So it can go down, but can't go back up?

I recently had to replace the "innards" of a toilet, and found that the small rubber water refill hose, if positioned incorrectly, would fill the tank but not replenish the water in the bowl. The toilet still worked fine but the bowl water level after flushing was very low. Sounds like you might have a problem with that water refill tube.

If the level in the tank is also extremely low it could be that the fill valve is adjusted way too low, thus not allowing enough water into the bowl from the refill tube.

The level in the bowl has nothing to do with the plumbing, it has to do with the design of the bowl. The track of the drain has an up "trap" and then down to the drain, so the water will only raise as high as the up trap then spill over into the drain.

Here is a visual:

zgnez.gif

Here's a twist.

I'm pretty sure the water level in the bowl USED to be quite a bit higher.

So if that level is really set in stone, how do you explain that?

try something, please:

use a small jug or similar and slowly top up the water in your toilet. does the level rise to what you remember it to be?

if so than check for a blocked vent pipe or air admittance valve on the outside of your home.