Lady Kai's driver feels the heat - turns himself in for questioning

webfact

Lady Kai's driver feels the heat - turns himself in for questioning

s5a.jpg
Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The driver who is one of the central characters in the sensational case of "Lady Kai" that is gripping the nation has turned himself in to give evidence.

He worked for the woman also known as Monta Yokratanakan, 58, who is currently jailed facing charges of making false and malicious accusations against many former employees, reported Sanook.

"Nai Ko" otherwise known as Sunthorn Khanhin had originally announced through monks at a Pathum Thani temple that he would present himself to prosecutors next Friday. But such is the pressure on those involved in the case that he travelled to meet police yesterday.

And not just any police - he spent three hours with Sanit Mahathavorn the acting police commander in Bangkok.

He was tight lipped on emerging from the meeting and refused to incriminate his former employer in any way. He worked for Lady Kai for many years until he quit. Many thought he might have been murdered until he showed up this week.

He did say that his former boss liked to play the underground lottery using 10-20 million baht stakes but when asked why he resigned he said that he got fed up with his boss having a go at him all the time.

As he drove off quickly he said that he didn't want to have anything to do with the woman ever again.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-15

An underground lottery with stakes of 10-20 mil, sounds barely believable.. But if such a thing is going on, why not haul in the operators rather than a bunch of expat geriatrics enjoying a few games of bridge under the bogus playing card law of 1923 or whatever it was. Have to shake my head about this, but am happy he still said ill of his ex boss. Hope she continues rotting in jail

Loads of Thais play the underground lottery, but 20 baht a go, not 10 million

That's just very low-level players and people taking their money. I know several people who put sums in the tens of thousands on it. It's up to the risk the banker is willing to take on individuals and the potential payout.

"And not just any police - he spent three hours with Sanit Mahathavorn the acting police commander in Bangkok."

"He was tight lipped on emerging from the meeting and refused to incriminate his former employer in any way."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The level of popcorn consumption is reaching never heard of before levels in Thailand. Vendors close to a television set are making a fortune.

No need for a theater and screen.partytime2.gifpartytime2.gif

HAHA...I usually buy a few bags a day for the Monkeys around here. I've been keeping one for myself since this started :D

"And not just any police - he spent three hours with Sanit Mahathavorn the acting police commander in Bangkok."

"He was tight lipped on emerging from the meeting and refused to incriminate his former employer in any way."

Dis you really feel such a burning need to comment that 2 quotes cut and pasted and a series of idiotic emojis was the best that you could do?

Thanks for coming out. Perhaps as an encore you can post a fatuous RIP in a suicide thread.

Seems to me this is a strong positive. This very senior policeman seems to be a cut above most of the senior rtp guys, garners a lot of respect within the brotherhood, and also from the public and officials.

And my guess (repeat guess) is that he's well focused on getting to the bottom of madams' long-term involvement with various/many police officers and one particular police station.

Is there a case to say:

- In regard to some incidents the RTP can cover it over, ignore the criticism and move on.

- In regard to some incidents they cannot easily cover it over and it would b better to be more open and try to gain some credibility by showing that any rtp wrongdoers have been identified and punished.

Seems to me this is a strong positive. This very senior policeman seems to be a cut above most of the senior rtp guys, garners a lot of respect within the brotherhood, and also from the public and officials.

And my guess (repeat guess) is that he's well focused on getting to the bottom of madams' long-term involvement with various/many police officers and one particular police station.

Is there a case to say:

- In regard to some incidents the RTP can cover it over, ignore the criticism and move on.

- In regard to some incidents they cannot easily cover it over and it would b better to be more open and try to gain some credibility by showing that any rtp wrongdoers have been identified and punished.

Didn't you say the very same things about Somyot ? :D

he spent three hours with .. the acting Police commander in Bangkok

Does this mean he knows something about high positioned policemen that they don't want to be public?

May be he'd better gone to the Military?

Edited by sweatalot

Is there a case to say:

Didn't you say the very same things about Somyot ? biggrin.png

I don't recall that I did, but if I did then I retract it.

Dis you really feel such a burning need to comment that 2 quotes cut and pasted and a series of idiotic emojis was the best that you could do?

Thanks for coming out. Perhaps as an encore you can post a fatuous RIP in a suicide thread.

It is rude and unnecessary to attack forum members. Please don't do it. It makes for a unpleasant experience on the forum. Thank you.