What most usability bikes/scooters/mopeds on Thai road

ardokano

I'm not a fan of off-road

I am newbie in motoworld.

So my opinion..

1. wave and ect.. cheap price,easy handling..

2. any scooter , click, scoppy,fino..etc...

3.duke 200

4. niked bike up 650.. best of i try it be monster ,796/795/821.. street from ducati..

5. Diavel..I was very surprised. in traffic jams to get better Forza. in motans its as sport stay on road as on rails..

in the rain, gravel perfectly fulfills DTC. change power engine in few seconds..

I was very disappointed bike as ninja250-300/ R3..

unwieldy in traffic.
on highways thin .. my former people's car Volkswagen Passat and then go faster.
in the mountains do not go at all. Only a little bit of growth.
About cbr250/300 I am even not talk..
weak bike ...

Yamaha Tmax.... the best in my opinion.... apart from the price of course!

Nice scooter ..

But.

in city traffic is not agile. therefore questionable use of the city is uncertain. in the mountains is also questionable use. slow acceleration. brakes for so-so. the only use for a cruise on the straight road.

In my opinion its not much usability

BMW have more power and faster scooter in Thaiand.

I am also not sure what OP is on about?

You write that you are new to motoworld and yet you say you like the +160HP Diavel?

Scoppy i is a piece of crap, I know, my wife got one, I bloody hate it man, designed for small people, budget scout big time, nooo thanks, I pass.

I like my PCX 150 mk1, a fine city hopper, done over 11.000 km trouble free km's on it now.

Honda Wave/Dream are obsolete, but okay, rock solid, I see more and more motor bike Taxi riders in Pattaya changing over to scooters, Click seems to be a favorite. I had hoped my wife choose one, but no.

You write that you are new to motoworld and yet you say you like the +160HP Diavel?

Scoppy i is a piece of crap, I know, my wife got one, I bloody hate it man, designed for small people, budget scout big time, nooo thanks, I pass.

I like my PCX 150 mk1, a fine city hopper, done over 11.000 km trouble free km's on it now.

Honda Wave/Dream are obsolete, but okay, rock solid, I see more and more motor bike Taxi riders in Pattaya changing over to scooters, Click seems to be a favorite. I had hoped my wife choose one, but no.

Yes , I am new in motoworld and like diavel. What wrong?

Its very frendly bike fo beginner.

Go from any RPM. Stay on road well

Have different level DTC

Different level power.

Comfort sit( in diavel i am more comfort sit then PCX)

Very safety bike...

Handling in traffic jam easy.

Ofcouse its not click and even not PCX

But its better than Forza as example.

Scoopy its fine. All scooter with small CC for small people. Just sit on passenger place and it be fine.(imho)

And sure in traffic jam scoopy more convenient then PSX.

But agree PCX it had big usability in Thailand.

Its good choice.

I've had Harleys, Ducatis, PCXs, and a Vespa copy. Been riding for a while. You are a newbie to two wheels, you say?

Do NOT NOT NOT get a Ducati, you'll be dead within a month. Maybe consider one in 2+ years after you master traffic here and two wheels. Ducatis are too powerful and their turning/handling style are not for a unskilled newbie. I've had bigger bikes and it took me a bit to get used to the Ducati torque, the steering rake, etc.

I wouldn't get one of the small (125 cc or less) scooters either.

Learning how to ride on two wheels here, plus learning how traffic flows, will be rolling the dice with your life, but since you asked....a lot of expats learn how to ride when they move here and it shows. They compete with Thai girls for being the worst riders on the road. They are just as reckless as the girls.

I would go with the Honda PCX 150. It's big and comfortable enough for 1 or 2 people and has the larger engine for hauling a passenger and enough pick up to get you going. And it's nimble enough to getting around traffic. The Forza, to me, is too big for Thailand and it seems to be a scooter for guys who want a motorcycle but don't know how to ride one so they get that bulky thing. And I used to split lanes on a Harley Road bagger in LA so I'm used to a big bike but the lanes are often too narrow here.

But really, no matter how much you like a Ducati, it would be a mistake. Maybe in a Western country where you don't risk your life avoiding all the crazy drivers like here, it might be a gamble, but not Thailand. Remember, it's not only up to your skills, you are depending on the stupidity of Thai drivers here with your life. You want something you can handle and a Ducati is not it. And as you say, you have zero bike riding skills. Your skills can improve, but the Thai drivers will not. There is no sense of right of way, traffic laws, etc. here.

Even though I've been riding a while, when I took my Ducati to a track, I was going to take a class on track riding.

Don't be in a rush to get a bike you cannot handle.

Really study how people drive here. How they merge differently from side streets, how they make illegal U turns everywhere, how they speed up to cut in front of you and then slow right down, how they have zero sense of keeping a safe distance between vehicles, how they do not believe in driving in one lane, how they disregard turn signals, how they will stop anywhere on the road whether they block traffic or not, and the overall chaotic style of driving/riding like they are in a sprint for their life.

Good luck!

Yes , I am new in motoworld and like diavel. What wrong?

Its very frendly bike fo beginner.

Go from any RPM. Stay on road well

Have different level DTC

Different level power.

Comfort sit( in diavel i am more comfort sit then PCX)

Very safety bike...

Handling in traffic jam easy.

Ofcouse its not click and even not PCX

But its better than Forza as example.

Scoopy its fine. All scooter with small CC for small people. Just sit on passenger place and it be fine.(imho)

And sure in traffic jam scoopy more convenient then PSX.

But agree PCX it had big usability in Thailand.

Its good choice.

BTW, if you don't like the way the seat is carved out on the PCX (it forces you to sit too far forward for me) there is a custom seat shop on Theprassit that will redo the seat for you. I'm getting my PCX seat leveled out so I can sit in a more natural position. He quoted me 1,000-1,500 baht.

He made a seat for my Ducati and did an incredible job. I showed him a drawing I did and the seat came out perfect. The guy doesn't speak much English and the shop isn't impressive looking but his work is great.

I had a Yamaha exciter. Nice little bike but no carrying capacity. Sold it.

Also had a Kawasaki versys, good touring bike but not practical for city / town use. Sold it.

I've had a little wave 125 FI for years. Upgraded rear suspension, rims and tyres. Still a bit like a tractor.

I also have a forza, fat scooter but OK. Still got it.

I like my little wave best, wouldn't sell it.

I had a Yamaha exciter. Nice little bike but no carrying capacity. Sold it.

Also had a Kawasaki versys, good touring bike but not practical for city / town use. Sold it.

I've had a little wave 125 FI for years. Upgraded rear suspension, rims and tyres. Still a bit like a tractor.

I also have a forza, fat scooter but OK. Still got it.

I like my little wave best, wouldn't sell it.

I don't use my Vesys downtown either, but out on the highway it's king.

When the time come to sell my PCX I might get a Yamaha Nmax just to try something else but I don't think it will be this year as I mentioned, the pcx is running just fine.

I've had Harleys, Ducatis, PCXs, and a Vespa copy. Been riding for a while. You are a newbie to two wheels, you say?

Do NOT NOT NOT get a Ducati, you'll be dead within a month. Maybe consider one in 2+ years after you master traffic here and two wheels. Ducatis are too powerful and their turning/handling style are not for a unskilled newbie. I've had bigger bikes and it took me a bit to get used to the Ducati torque, the steering rake, etc.

I wouldn't get one of the small (125 cc or less) scooters either.

Learning how to ride on two wheels here, plus learning how traffic flows, will be rolling the dice with your life, but since you asked....a lot of expats learn how to ride when they move here and it shows. They compete with Thai girls for being the worst riders on the road. They are just as reckless as the girls.

I would go with the Honda PCX 150. It's big and comfortable enough for 1 or 2 people and has the larger engine for hauling a passenger and enough pick up to get you going. And it's nimble enough to getting around traffic. The Forza, to me, is too big for Thailand and it seems to be a scooter for guys who want a motorcycle but don't know how to ride one so they get that bulky thing. And I used to split lanes on a Harley Road bagger in LA so I'm used to a big bike but the lanes are often too narrow here.

But really, no matter how much you like a Ducati, it would be a mistake. Maybe in a Western country where you don't risk your life avoiding all the crazy drivers like here, it might be a gamble, but not Thailand. Remember, it's not only up to your skills, you are depending on the stupidity of Thai drivers here with your life. You want something you can handle and a Ducati is not it. And as you say, you have zero bike riding skills. Your skills can improve, but the Thai drivers will not. There is no sense of right of way, traffic laws, etc. here.

Even though I've been riding a while, when I took my Ducati to a track, I was going to take a class on track riding.

Don't be in a rush to get a bike you cannot handle.

Really study how people drive here. How they merge differently from side streets, how they make illegal U turns everywhere, how they speed up to cut in front of you and then slow right down, how they have zero sense of keeping a safe distance between vehicles, how they do not believe in driving in one lane, how they disregard turn signals, how they will stop anywhere on the road whether they block traffic or not, and the overall chaotic style of driving/riding like they are in a sprint for their life.

Good luck!

Thank you for high detailed response and good wishes.
but I have already bought diavel.
and it more then one month and near 2000 km.
its amazing bike and very freindly for beginner. brake very effective. So on Thai road it more safety then got cuting from car or scooter.
in the mountains is easy to lie down on the bend it much more better then ninja 300 or R3..
if you turn in the mountains you need to change the trajectory due to obstacles (cars, scooters),just turn the throttle and save it from the lock of the front wheels, fast transferring the load to the rear. but if you strongly turned the throttle, DTC will correct it and the rear wheel will not lose grip.. so in mountans curveturn its more safety.
It good handling in traffic jam , ofcouse its not Click and even not PCX but..

Its comfort sit so can relxing drive for long distantion..
At the beginning of the theme I set diavel last.
Of course to get around Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai etc on the beach, to the store etc
better and easier click,psx, fino etc..
But still think Diavel one of useful bike for Thai road.
somy choice its:
1.Fino an next buy Gt 125
2. want Duke 390 but think 200 even be enough quick to jump on the bike and to drive on the beach , in the movies etc
3.Diavel
want try Duke 690
and street from ducati..
I think it is also very usability bikes
But duke litle be expensive for this is CC(imho)

I don't use my Vesys downtown either, but out on the highway it's king.

When the time come to sell my PCX I might get a Yamaha Nmax just to try something else but I don't think it will be this year as I mentioned, the pcx is running just fine.

I tried Versys.
Nice and comfortable bike even for two for a cruise.
But in the mountains sharp throws the rear wheel, easily leaves the turn trajectory. difficult to tilt, it is difficult to shift even a slight tilt between the cars. and brakes ineffective.
And as You say not useful in Downtown.
So Versus nice bike.. but sure not big usability in Thailand.

What is this about? I can barely understand a word.

then pass by sir.smile.png

There's no rule on TV that an OP has to be coherent. I assume in this situation English is not the native language, and adjust my expectations accordingly.

Great retort though.clap2.gif

Well, you (the OP) need to narrow that down a bit. Price? I bought a 10 months' old Yamaha Spark 115i for 22,000 THB. It was new about 40 k, kick start only and with a disk brake.

Can you afford something more expensive? I'm wondering why you call the Ninja 250 "weak". So you want a bigger bike, like the Er-6n? Go for it!

Personally, I'm biased against automatics and prefer a step-through. Getting good fuel economy on the Yamaha Spark 115i.

Kindly share which bike you will buy and how you like it?

I tried Versys.
But in the mountains sharp throws the rear wheel, easily leaves the turn trajectory. difficult to tilt, it is difficult to shift even a slight tilt between the cars. and brakes ineffective.

Are you a Troll?? Writing that bullshit you do certainly indicate so.

The Versys 650's are considered very very good in the mountains and I can tilt mine quite a lot when riding in heavy traffic or in the corners but okay I been riding for many years.

The tires off-course have to be good.

The abs brakes on my Mk3 are very good too as well, no complaints.

2up? Will I would say it's a bit to weak for that if you like going fast but it can be done.

And yes, in my opinion Scoppy i is a crappy scooter and we will never own one again, never.

Above is based on my own experiences, owned the V for over 1 year and the piece of shit scoppy for 2-3 years.

I forgot to add, only reason I don't ride big bike downtown is because the scooters are much more convenient and I don't care if they get scratched when parked very cramped.

Well, you (the OP) need to narrow that down a bit. Price? I bought a 10 months' old Yamaha Spark 115i for 22,000 THB. It was new about 40 k, kick start only and with a disk brake.

Can you afford something more expensive? I'm wondering why you call the Ninja 250 "weak". So you want a bigger bike, like the Er-6n? Go for it!

Personally, I'm biased against automatics and prefer a step-through. Getting good fuel economy on the Yamaha Spark 115i.

Kindly share which bike you will buy and how you like it?

No its just talking..

Opinion.

And all i say its my Imho but with explainin WHY..

And all bike what about i talking try( buy, rent, loan from friend)

And as you can see from my first post first it be wave etc.. i guess spark not far from this type bike..

It gives you the mobility and freedom of movement in Thailand for a small cost and easy repair..

about Ninja 250 i say weak becouse i try it.

No engine braking. weak brake. at a small slope of losing a lot of speed and acceleration ... Is bad keeps trajectory not even pry agresinyh turns attacks.

so not any big fun o mountans. and it dangerous much more when bigest bike.. becouse weak. but if slow drive why need it? yamaha exciter it fine :)

in traffic jam not easy handling . in Thailand in the aisle a lot of cars can not long time drive.many cars does not adhere to the center of the lane or easy change line (cuting)

so in city not much useful..

About kawa Er-6n as I know unpretentious, time-tested horse. I try it.. Nice.. but can pay little be up and get monster 795-796 or maybe 821 with even 1000-2000 on ODO.

And you got more when pay. much more bracking, acceleration from any RPM, handeling better then kawa in city..

About 821 my friend even talk it bike for girls or beginner.. its near true..

But yes Er-6n I think good bike and big usability for Thailand

and I wrote : " 4. niked bike up 650"

I tried Versys.

The Versys 650's are considered very very good in the mountains and I can tilt mine quite a lot when riding in heavy traffic or in the corners but okay I been riding for many years.

2up? Will I would say it's a bit to weak for that if you like going fast but it can be done.

And yes, in my opinion Scoppy i is a crappy scooter and we will never own one again, never.

Above is based on my own experiences, owned the V for over 1 year and the piece of shit scoppy for 2-3 years.

I forgot to add, only reason I don't ride big bike downtown is because the scooters are much more convenient and I don't care if they get scratched when parked very cramped.

"very good" and "not complaints" its nothing to say..

after 150 bracking obviously worse then axample 821..

in curve turn "throws the rear wheel, easily leaves the turn trajectory" certainly 821 its have too but less.,.

in mountans well ninja 650, Er-6n... street from Ducati..to lay down in the path and goes like on rails.

I can bet on this is..

hope after one-2 week get streetfighter ducati and you can show me how is versys VERY good in mountans( thiks trak be fine)..rolleyes.gif

If you lose pay the costs of the track, hotel, ets), and anoint themselves with honey and feathers you publish photos on TV if I lost I do same..

PS

why scoppy crappy?rolleyes.gif

its not more far away from click as Versys from streetfighter ducatiwai.gif

BTW, if you don't like the way the seat is carved out on the PCX (it forces you to sit too far forward for me) there is a custom seat shop on Theprassit that will redo the seat for you. I'm getting my PCX seat leveled out so I can sit in a more natural position. He quoted me 1,000-1,500 baht.

He made a seat for my Ducati and did an incredible job. I showed him a drawing I did and the seat came out perfect. The guy doesn't speak much English and the shop isn't impressive looking but his work is great.

His prices are going up!

I had mine done there, and so comfortable. Pattaya to Nong Khai in a day with just a little shoulder ache!

I tried Versys.

Versys is a great bike, 16,000 km my last trip on it, Pattaya to Nong Khai, South of Thailand following East coast and continuing to south Malaysia, Singapore border. Return up the west coasts of Malaysia, Thailand and the Burmese border to the Chinese border in Northern Laos.

That ride covered every type of road possible and the Versys handled very well.

The write up is here on Thai visa.

If you're looking for a bike that does it all -- Honda Dream. Works in the city, works in the mountains, works on the highway. Put Michalin tires on it and Bob's your uncle.

If you're looking for a bike that does it all -- Honda Dream. Works in the city, works in the mountains, works on the highway. Put Michalin tires on it and Bob's your uncle.

I not think does all. But first i wrote its be Wave;)

Yep the Versys 650 brakes are crap and they can't tilt/turn in the mountains. +75% depends on the rider, a shitty rider on a powerful/fast bike can easily be smoked by a skilled rider on a much less powerful bike.

I am not saying my bike is better than a Ducati, I am not naive, I would love to own a Ducati 821 but due to family commitments, I will have to pass and to be honest, I am just fine with that.

Anyway at +50 years of age, I go/ride much slower than I used to do, don't take any chances anymore and wants to get home riding my bike and not ending up in hospital or worse.

post-155547-0-27882100-1468722337_thumb.

I think that "what's the best bike for Thailand is always ongoing, I think Iv'e got a nice contender for it at the moment I'd say...

A BMW F650GS Dakar, goes very well over practically anything from Motorways to nasty mountain dirt tracks, great acceleration & effortless 140 Km cruising if you want to go that fast...

also excellent handling at low speeds around town with an underseat fuel tank to lower the centre of gravity...

A bit elderly now though as a 2003 The new version is the BMW F800GS which looks like another great bike...

Archived