Thai sex industry under fire from tourism minister, police

rooster59

Criminalizing a guy for buying sex ? if I meet a girl in a bar ( with a band ) or disco, and ask her for dance, have a chat, buy a few drinks then ask if she will come back to my hotel with me, and she says ok but can you help me as I need pay my room tomorrow so can you give me 1,000B ?

How can they prove that is for sex ?

Even in NZ you have to spend money, either take a girl out for dinner (at a bigger cost than 1000B) then maybe if your lucky if you do that 10 times she may get in bed with you.. Don't think I have had sex with a woman on the first date in NZ, ever !!

The police would have to set up sting operations to know for sure they are paying for the sex. Are there any good looking woman cops ??? 55555

If you want to marry one for so called 'free sex' it will cost you a bloody site more with paying for everything from then on, for the rest of your life..

So in my view, buying a girl for 2 or 3 nights a week, is a hell of a lot cheaper than marring one !! Plus you get variety, and that's the spice of life.

and don't get stuck with them... like in marriage, if that does not work out and you divorce, then it will cost you a bloody site more again to get rid of them.... I love the bar girls, hookers, prostitutes, girls of the night, or what ever you want to call them.. and they are girls just the same as any others !!

If fact most girls I have, work a day job, hotel receptionist, massage therapist, (not the happy ending) even one that works in a supermarket.

The sex for them is for enjoyment and to supplement their low incomes...

Perhaps if they close down the Industry we can move all the girls to NZ on special visas. Prostitution is legal and We could get all the frustrated Aussies flying over the ditch for a fast buck and We can scam a few quid out of them.The Girls would be better than the a lot of the sad fatties I see leaning on lamp posts Up Ferry road and Manchester st in Christchurch. Could be a new export field for Thailand. And a new Tourism angle for NZ. Of course all the Bible Bashers may get upset.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Criminalisation of westerners caught in the act is, will, and will continue to be , an on going aspect to a slow metamorphosis of the sex trade.

And sure the 100 billion industry will continue in one manifestation or another.

But the " IN YOUR FACE"" neon sex trade might slowly vanish.

The money coming in from more lucrative sectors easing the dependence on it.

And yes , Chinese do contribute by fundamentals.

Tours, rooms, food, items.

It's just scale that allows their low spending individual aspects to be transcended into a ledger that places them first.

The political reasons to thin us out ( westerner ex pats and sex pats , as well as sex tourists ) is to also create a less vocal opposition.

The Chinese don't seem to write letters of objection to media highlighting their every move.

Face is also a reason.

It's shameful to the nation.

Also keeping the hordes in the north poorer will make the elites more powerful.

All round plenty of reasons.

The sex tourist or sex pats need to see even places like Pattaya are going to slowly change as the lines of buses and boats deliver the Chinese tourists in and out.

And the days of roaming sex tourists on a hedonist tour of satisfying base senses are numbered.

Soon some will be blacklisted or worse.

Thai military are not to be taken lightly.

This isn't another propaganda piece.

It's happening

There has been no criminalisation of foreigners (or Thais) for buying sex as it's not a criminal offence, unless the seller is underage. So, no, rest easy, it's not happening.

Just as a matter if interest, what is the legal age here. 16? 18? I did chat with a new girl working in a bar I go to, and she said she was 18.

Criminalizing a guy for buying sex ? if I meet a girl in a bar ( with a band ) or disco, and ask her for dance, have a chat, buy a few drinks then ask if she will come back to my hotel with me, and she says ok but can you help me as I need pay my room tomorrow so can you give me 1,000B ?

Even in NZ you have to spend money, either take a girl out for dinner (at a bigger cost than 1000B) then maybe if your lucky if you do that 10 times she may get in bed with you.. Don't think I have had sex with a woman on the first date in NZ, ever !!

The police would have to set up sting operations to know for sure they are paying for the sex. Are there any good looking woman cops ??? 55555

If you want to marry one for so called 'free sex' it will cost you a bloody site more with paying for everything from then on, for the rest of your life..

So in my view, buying a girl for 2 or 3 nights a week, is a hell of a lot cheaper than marring one !! Plus you get variety, and that's the spice of life.

and don't get stuck with them... like in marriage, if that does not work out and you divorce, then it will cost you a bloody site more again to get rid of them.... I love the bar girls, hookers, prostitutes, girls of the night, or what ever you want to call them.. and they are girls just the same as any others !!

If fact most girls I have, work a day job, hotel receptionist, massage therapist, (not the happy ending) even one that works in a supermarket.

Perhaps if they close down the Industry we can move all the girls to NZ on special visas. Prostitution is legal and We could get all the frustrated Aussies flying over the ditch for a fast buck and We can scam a few quid out of them.The Girls would be better than the a lot of the sad fatties I see leaning on lamp posts Up Ferry road and Manchester st in Christchurch. Could be a new export field for Thailand. And a new Tourism angle for NZ. Of course all the Bible Bashers may get upset.

Hahahaha yeah so true,, I think there are a few Thai's working there already, can make 5,000 B for an hours work, still cost of living is higher.. and don't worry about the bible bashers, they moan about everything,, the woman probably even moan when they have sex, 55555 it they ever do ??

Criminalisation of westerners caught in the act is, will, and will continue to be , an on going aspect to a slow metamorphosis of the sex trade.

And sure the 100 billion industry will continue in one manifestation or another.

It's just scale that allows their low spending individual aspects to be transcended into a ledger that places them first.

The political reasons to thin us out ( westerner ex pats and sex pats , as well as sex tourists ) is to also create a less vocal opposition.

The Chinese don't seem to write letters of objection to media highlighting their every move.

Face is also a reason.

The sex tourist or sex pats need to see even places like Pattaya are going to slowly change as the lines of buses and boats deliver the Chinese tourists in and out.

And the days of roaming sex tourists on a hedonist tour of satisfying base senses are numbered.

It's happening

There has been no criminalisation of foreigners (or Thais) for buying sex as it's not a criminal offence, unless the seller is underage. So, no, rest easy, it's not happening.
Sorry ...it is.( happening)

Raids on massage joints where men have pants down.

Cops posing as customers, to bust woman , (who then spill beans on clients.)

Extortion .

Even (if they wanted ) the arrest of men offering money......to girls in nightclubs and bars .

They don't have to prove anything.

It's Thailand.

Police woman have stung guys in discos .( Pattaya twice)

Though rare it can be used to charge men seeking sex.

And men arrested touching the breasts of a female in public .

Even approaching hookers can be enough for a fine if they so choose.

Beach road ( Pattaya ) several arrests to extort money.

Living with one is illegal.( yes it is)

Hotels can report you if they wish.

And if she freelancers you can be accused of being her pimp.( gaol)

This is Thailand where laws can be manipulated.

It's a mistaken belief it's legal when so many loop holes to prosecute exist.

If they want to scare off sex tourists here are just a few laws that exist.

Too many to list.

Thailand has several laws and acts that criminalize prostitution and which seek to penalize specific violators in the trade.

1. Penal Code Amendment Act

Thailands Penal Code6 does not explicitly state that prostitution is illegal in Thailand but prohibits any person from earning an income as a prostitute.

Title IX, Section 286 of the Penal Code also appears to penalize any person who (i) is found residing or habitually associating with a prostitute.

Under the Prostitution Act, prostitution is defined as:

Sexual intercourse, or any other act, or the commission of any other act in order to gratify the sexual desire of another person in a promiscuous manner in return for money or any other benefit, irrespective of whether the person who accepts the act and the person who commits the act are of the same sex or not.11

Solicitation by a prostitute is prohibited under Section 5 of the Prostitution Act:

Any person who, for the purpose of prostitution, solicits, induces, introduces herself or himself to, follows or importunes a person in a street, public place or in any other place in an open and shameless manner or causes nuisance to the public.

Again, the phrase in an open and shameless manner is not defined and this qualifier on the crime of solicitation by a prostitute suggests that enforcement of this law may be difficult in situations where solicitation is discreet or subtle as might often be the case in private establishments.

Section 9 of the Prostitution Act

Any person who procures, seduces or takes away any person for the prostitution of such person, even with her or his consent and irrespective of whether the various acts which constitute an offence are committed within or outside the Kingdom, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to ten years and to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand Baht.

3. Entertainment Places Act

The Entertainment Places Act makes those who control the operations of certain kinds of entertainment establishments criminally liable if prostitution occurs on their premises. The Entertainment Places Act also can be used to arrest all clients within this establishment .

That covers a lot of bases .

"So good luck in the future "as they say.

Face is also a reason.

It's happening

Sorry ...it is.( happening)

Raids on massage joints where men have pants down.

Cops posing as customers, to bust woman , (who then spill beans on clients.)

Extortion .

Even (if they wanted ) the arrest of men offering money......to girls in nightclubs and bars .

They don't have to prove anything.

It's Thailand.

Police woman have stung guys in discos .( Pattaya twice)

Though rare it can be used to charge men seeking sex.

And men arrested touching the breasts of a female in public .

Even approaching hookers can be enough for a fine if they so choose.

Beach road ( Pattaya ) several arrests to extort money.

Living with one is illegal.( yes it is)

Hotels can report you if they wish.

And if she freelancers you can be accused of being her pimp.( gaol)

This is Thailand where laws can be manipulated.

It's a mistaken belief it's legal when so many loop holes to prosecute exist.

If they want to scare off sex tourists here are just a few laws that exist.

Too many to list.

Thailand has several laws and acts that criminalize prostitution and which seek to penalize specific violators in the trade.

1. Penal Code Amendment Act

Thailands Penal Code6 does not explicitly state that prostitution is illegal in Thailand but prohibits any person from earning an income as a prostitute.

Title IX, Section 286 of the Penal Code also appears to penalize any person who (i) is found residing or habitually associating with a prostitute.

Under the Prostitution Act, prostitution is defined as:

Sexual intercourse, or any other act, or the commission of any other act in order to gratify the sexual desire of another person in a promiscuous manner in return for money or any other benefit, irrespective of whether the person who accepts the act and the person who commits the act are of the same sex or not.11

Solicitation by a prostitute is prohibited under Section 5 of the Prostitution Act:

Any person who, for the purpose of prostitution, solicits, induces, introduces herself or himself to, follows or importunes a person in a street, public place or in any other place in an open and shameless manner or causes nuisance to the public.

Again, the phrase in an open and shameless manner is not defined and this qualifier on the crime of solicitation by a prostitute suggests that enforcement of this law may be difficult in situations where solicitation is discreet or subtle as might often be the case in private establishments.

Section 9 of the Prostitution Act

Any person who procures, seduces or takes away any person for the prostitution of such person, even with her or his consent and irrespective of whether the various acts which constitute an offence are committed within or outside the Kingdom, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to ten years and to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand Baht.

3. Entertainment Places Act

The Entertainment Places Act makes those who control the operations of certain kinds of entertainment establishments criminally liable if prostitution occurs on their premises. The Entertainment Places Act also can be used to arrest all clients within this establishment .

That covers a lot of bases .

"So good luck in the future "as they say.

3 Entertainment Places act,, wow the cops will be busy and the jails overflowing.. as in Patong any night of the week there are hundreds of girls in the discos looking for customers, yes for sex !! In Tai Pan, I am sure there would not be one girl there that is not for sale, except for the odd woman tourist.. They will need to close just about everything in Bungla Rd. as I would guess about 99% of the Thai girls (plus a few Russians) are for sale...

Face is also a reason.

It's happening

Just as a matter if interest, what is the legal age here. 16? 18? I did chat with a new girl working in a bar I go to, and she said she was 18.

18 for prostitution purposes.

Face is also a reason.

It's happening

18 for prostitution purposes.

Thanks, so it is 18 for prostitution,, so is it a lower age for free sex then ? like a boyfriend/girlfriend...

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand and most of the world.

The Thai definition for prostitution is not very well defined, especially the clause "in a promiscuous manner" Cases where men immediately fall in love with a woman with the serious intent to stay with her might be OK if the woman agrees and has a fair choice. I don't know, I'm not a judge.

Once married, the question of prostitution might look different in Thailand, again: case law.

The doubtful advice to take Thai women to Farang countries might be regarded as human trafficking and prosecuted - world wide.

The countries that legalized prostitution take taxes from women, in Germany they do it in advance and so force women into prostitution. That's bigotry at it's best, and - to be honest - it is administrative pimping (in my humble opinion)

Whatever you do, wherever you are, you'll find that the "oldest business of mankind" is being looked down at. Thanks to religions, they started the discrimination.

The idea is that the girl you choose to invite to dinner is a potential friend, future partner who knows. But it is not a quid pro quo for sex. If that is all you are looking for than yes, you should have a pay for play arrangement with consenting adults, and accommodating governments. Up to you if the exploitation of woman takes away from the total satisfaction. Doesn't work for me and all prostitution is exploitation at some level.

legalise it and control it with proper licenses, so that the sex workers can be better protected.

To a certain extent it is already controlled and regulated in Thailand. Many aspects of prostitution are illegal (soliciting, brothels, underage, trafficking) but the act of paying for sex is not illegal in most circumstances. Gogo bars are routinely checked and most operate legally.

Just about everyone enjoys sex, both men and woman.. why do you think the world population is growing so much every year.

The native western population is shrinking every year, so by your reasoning that proves white folk don't like sex.

Just about everyone enjoys sex, both men and woman.. why do you think the world population is growing so much every year.

The native western population is shrinking every year, so by your reasoning that proves white folk don't like sex.

Well, if most western woman were like my ex, that would be exactly true,, never had morning sex or ever twice a day, and then I was young and very horny, and usually lucky to get it once a week...haha, I can laugh about it now, but it used to be bloody frustrating !!!

Now I get more than I ever did being married, virtually when ever I want it,, sure I pay, but NO where near what my ex cost me !!!

So anyone that gets married thinking they will get free sex and often,, forget it as after a year or two, it just don't happen... just costs more and you get less.. 555555

If the minister is serious they should look at prosecuting westerners who come here to buy sexual services, a few prison sentences would soon see bars (brothels) closing down. Don't go after the girls, go after the customers, many of them are perverts anyway Some of the popular bars have girls dressed in School 'uniforms' or have petite girls who look underage even if they are not, quite. Then there are the BDSM dungeon places, blow job bars with 'nurses' and and 'clubs' offering women in pairs who will do almost anything for a few k, romance and sanuk it certainly is not.

'Most enlightening! Pick up all that in-depth knowledge on Facebook did you?

Well, if most western woman were like my ex, that would be exactly true,, never had morning sex or ever twice a day, and then I was young and very horny, and usually lucky to get it once a week...haha, I can laugh about it now, but it used to be bloody frustrating !!!

Now I get more than I ever did being married, virtually when ever I want it,, sure I pay, but NO where near what my ex cost me !!!

So anyone that gets married thinking they will get free sex and often,, forget it as after a year or two, it just don't happen... just costs more and you get less.. 555555

"The native western population is shrinking..." argument is weak. There's a difference between enjoying sex and having babies.

"The native western population is shrinking..." argument is weak. There's a difference between enjoying sex and having babies.

I'm from NZ, most working families only have 1 or 2 kids now days, because they pay to bring them up, and they also want the material things in life, instead of a big family. Really I guess most can't afford it with a house mortgage to pay, rates, insurance and the general cost of living, etc..

It is only the Maori that have big families now, living on welfare and as the more kids they have the more money the government will give them !!!!

not to mention free house, doctor, and much more.. Hows that for an argument ??

Watch the GDP plunge 30-60%. gigglem.gif

Just to put it in prospective almost 9 million Chinese will visit Thailand this year contributing over 300 billion baht .

That's just Chinese .

Westerners who only UK figures in the top 5 financial contributes ( 3rd)

Contributes less than a 4th that amount. ( 70 billion just UK )

All westerners combined about 400 billion.

Of this 75% are couples , back packers, families not in any way involved in the sex industry regards purchasing a Thai product service from a sex worker.

This means about 100 - 125 billion baht is estimated to flow from sex tourism.

Less than half of "" just the Chinese market""

Malaysian , Japanese , South Korea , and assorted also transcend the sex tourist market in financial contribution.

The delusion that Thais need to maintain the industry is false.

The only reason they may let it exist in some form is to allow the estimated 300 million USD that flows north to families of sex workers.

However , the 30-60% plunge is very way out .

Considering the whole industry is only worth 10% total GDP .

The replacement factor of revenue from increasing Chinese numbers.

Up 900% in ten years .

And growing fast.

Restrictions on Chinese lower middle classes leaving China on Tourist visas means an invasion of sorts will come.

Thailand doesn't need the sex tourists.

They may spend 5 to one more than Chinese tourists.

But the sheer numbers of Chinese means they contribute far far more.

Something many sex tourists mistakenly fail to see.

Their days are not numbered ( sex tourists) but a few may end up black listed in future a others detained and even imprisoned as the military step up raids.

Take another look at this woman claiming her intensions.....her parents in a portrait behind her.

She looks like a person who is not to be doubted for an instant.

It's also a military government with absolute authority who doesn't care what the peasants supplying the bulk of sex workers think.

It also taps into Nationalistic sentiment , whilst ridding the nation of unwanted westerners haunting their every move.

It's actually pay back to what we say about them in some respects.

The others living here retired will in time meet new laws that make this harder...( eg 800',000 could be lifted and examined more closely)

This agenda is just the beginning of removing people not desired .

And in general that's not just sex tourists

The hi-so Thais backing the General have dreams of the good old days. And why not, they had it made with hot and cold running slaves and nobody questioning their unscrupulous activities.

Surprised they let us have an internet connection.

These crackdowns come and go its a rotating thing. Yes I believe the above statement to be true. The elite want to see the poor grovel again like in the past. They should know their "place" in life. Again it all boils down to whose spigot did your sperm flow from.

cheesy.gif The ironic comedy.

This topic has ceated such furore in defence of what?

A threat to the core of the base individuals who either with admission or denial reveal the singular purpose of their presence or regular/irregular or past visitations to Thailand.

" The elite want to see the poor grovel again like in the past. They should know their "place" in life. Again it all boils down to whose spigot did your sperm flow from."

How difficult can it be to read this as meaning that it is unacceptable to undermine the right of pshycopathic sex tourists who come to bathe in a climate of sexual self gratification that cannot be had with the same presumptions of superiority in places of origin but in Thailand they can attempt to justify it as "beneficient " assistance for "poor ignorant Isaan ".' !

In that case who then are deemed the hot and cold running slaves and by which " elite"?

Is it not possible to comprehend the intent is not to impossibly curtail a historical industry that exists in the majority of countries but to eliminate the concept of " easy meat" ?

And the doing of that requires "attitude adjustment" for all involved.

And that that process will most surely involve various ways to sanction those farang who demonstrate behaviours and/ or attitudes in excess of any that are internationally accepted as a general rule..

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand and most of the world.

The Thai definition for prostitution is not very well defined, especially the clause "in a promiscuous manner" Cases where men immediately fall in love with a woman with the serious intent to stay with her might be OK if the woman agrees and has a fair choice. I don't know, I'm not a judge.

Once married, the question of prostitution might look different in Thailand, again: case law.

The doubtful advice to take Thai women to Farang countries might be regarded as human trafficking and prosecuted - world wide.

The countries that legalized prostitution take taxes from women, in Germany they do it in advance and so force women into prostitution. That's bigotry at it's best, and - to be honest - it is administrative pimping (in my humble opinion)

Whatever you do, wherever you are, you'll find that the "oldest business of mankind" is being looked down at. Thanks to religions, they started the discrimination.

I agree with you. In NZ Prostitution was legalised by the then Helen Clarke led Labour Government. It was Legalised to protect the Sex Workers. And should have cleaned up the Industry. However the Local Councils and Citizens Groups all stand up and say not in My suburb and so the Workers are still on the street. As a Native of Canterbury NZ after the earthquakes of 2010/11 We had the opportunity to build a discrete red light District in the Central City but no the Holier than thous brigade would not have it. So where are the sex workers now. On Manchester street and Ferry road. And for the trans lovers behind the square. Prostitutes are still being attacked and murdered and the trade growing. What should have been a great leap forward was just a wet fart. I support legalisation to protect the workers. Not for the pleasure of the buyers. It will always be here. But wherever you are be enlightened think beyond your needs and about the health of the Sex Workers.

Just to put it in prospective almost 9 million Chinese will visit Thailand this year contributing over 300 billion baht .

That's just Chinese .

Of this 75% are couples , back packers, families not in any way involved in the sex industry regards purchasing a Thai product service from a sex worker.

Malaysian , Japanese , South Korea , and assorted also transcend the sex tourist market in financial contribution.

The only reason they may let it exist in some form is to allow the estimated 300 million USD that flows north to families of sex workers.

Up 900% in ten years .

And growing fast.

Restrictions on Chinese lower middle classes leaving China on Tourist visas means an invasion of sorts will come.

Their days are not numbered ( sex tourists) but a few may end up black listed in future a others detained and even imprisoned as the military step up raids.

Take another look at this woman claiming her intensions.....her parents in a portrait behind her.

It's also a military government with absolute authority who doesn't care what the peasants supplying the bulk of sex workers think.

It also taps into Nationalistic sentiment , whilst ridding the nation of unwanted westerners haunting their every move.

The others living here retired will in time meet new laws that make this harder...( eg 800',000 could be lifted and examined more closely)

The hi-so Thais backing the General have dreams of the good old days. And why not, they had it made with hot and cold running slaves and nobody questioning their unscrupulous activities.

These crackdowns come and go its a rotating thing. Yes I believe the above statement to be true. The elite want to see the poor grovel again like in the past. They should know their "place" in life. Again it all boils down to whose spigot did your sperm flow from.

A threat to the core of the base individuals who either with admission or denial reveal the singular purpose of their presence or regular/irregular or past visitations to Thailand.

" The elite want to see the poor grovel again like in the past. They should know their "place" in life. Again it all boils down to whose spigot did your sperm flow from."

How difficult can it be to read this as meaning that it is unacceptable to undermine the right of pshycopathic sex tourists who come to bathe in a climate of sexual self gratification that cannot be had with the same presumptions of superiority in places of origin but in Thailand they can attempt to justify it as "beneficient " assistance for "poor ignorant Isaan ".' !

In that case who then are deemed the hot and cold running slaves and by which " elite"?

Is it not possible to comprehend the intent is not to impossibly curtail a historical industry that exists in the majority of countries but to eliminate the concept of " easy meat" ?

And that that process will most surely involve various ways to sanction those farang who demonstrate behaviours and/ or attitudes in excess of any that are internationally accepted as a general rule..

Right.

This thread tells more about sex tourists' profiles than anything else I've ever seen on Thai Visa. Understandable that Thailand doesn't want to be treated as the brothel of the world anymore. Just the conditions for the population (including the Issan population) could be better, but here in Pattaya I see that's also improving. There'll be fractions in this transition, guess this can be handled.

"Attitude adjustment"? Guess this thread can be part of it if you are really interested in the political situation. Part of this thread turned out to become medical, part of this thread demonstrated personal problems of Farangs in Thailand,few - too few imho - really touched the problems of the population which happens to include Thai males and Thai children, too. All these have to be considered for good governance I guess. Hopefully Thailand will improve with internal social affairs, a change in the image to the world will only be a part of it. Like it or not, Thailand is a sovereign emancipated country. I wish I could say this about Germany (the country I came from) some day.

The Chinese market is a mistake ?? really ? They stay in hotels, they go to restaurants, the woman buy heaps of beauty products, they love the genuine massage shops, they go on tours, I guess they pay for all that ? They just don't go much to bars and drink all night and pay girls for sex..

Those numbers just do not sound correct. Of all of the hotel owners, restauranteurs, owners of gift shops, massage shops, and travel agents I have spoken with, all say the same thing. The Chinese tourists spend less money than any other group, that they have ever dealt with. So, why this high number? Perhaps that is the total generated, but does not take into account that alot of that money either stayed in China, or was repatriated back to China?

There is no doubt in the minds of these travel industry folks, that Western tourists are of far higher quality, when it comes to spending money. No doubt. It is a mistake of historic proportions, for the tourism ministry to target the Chinese market. A massive mistake.

other than that, they spend money on everything any other tourist does, but usually they don't stay long, just a day and off to the next place.

In Pattaya a week ago I see them going out to para sail by the boat load, I count 40 in the air at any one time, lasts about one minute, they land on the barges and they take off with a new customer in a few seconds, all at what ? 1,000B a pop, or more.. and they go for hours on end, pretty good money in any bodies books !! uh! ( and I didn't see one westerner go out ) plus there are hundreds of millions of them.. A great idea to target them for tourism..

and I didn't see one westerner go out

Probably got too much sense to do that. I doubt they are any more safe than the bungy jump, and nothing would make me trust that.

Probably a lot safer than swimming in the sea, as people drown nearly every week.

I have never read where a person has been killed parasailing, have you ?

Just goes to show my point, the Chinese will do things and spend money.

Maybe there were no Westerners because they are too miserable to spend their money on enjoying them selves on anything but beers and bar girls.

Chinese have some stunning girls, the Chinese guys don't need Thai bar girls ....

I guess you live your life in cotton gloves, I won't do that, I might get hurt... Must be an exciting life you live .... not !!

Yes.

I guess you live your life in cotton gloves

I ride a m'bike in Thailand. It doesn't get more dangerous than that. The difference is that I am reponsible for myself on a m'bike. Parasailing I'd be putting my life in the hands of some guy that doesn't give a rat's about safety or doing it properly.

I do agree about Chinese women, which is why I like northern girls. Nicer legs than Issan girls too.

That's just Chinese .

Up 900% in ten years .

And growing fast.

Right.

This thread tells more about sex tourists' profiles than anything else I've ever seen on Thai Visa. Understandable that Thailand doesn't want to be treated as the brothel of the world anymore. Just the conditions for the population (including the Issan population) could be better, but here in Pattaya I see that's also improving. There'll be fractions in this transition, guess this can be handled.

"Attitude adjustment"? Guess this thread can be part of it if you are really interested in the political situation. Part of this thread turned out to become medical, part of this thread demonstrated personal problems of Farangs in Thailand,few - too few imho - really touched the problems of the population which happens to include Thai males and Thai children, too. All these have to be considered for good governance I guess. Hopefully Thailand will improve with internal social affairs, a change in the image to the world will only be a part of it. Like it or not, Thailand is a sovereign emancipated country. I wish I could say this about Germany (the country I came from) some day.

Doesn't Germany have a thriving sex industry? Perhaps you can become a crusader against it back there.

What all those railing against it in this thread don't realise is that nothing is going to change because some woman minister says so. Just who do they think profits from the industry? Plus there is no way to prosecute anyone based on the exisiting laws. Ergo, it's just business as usual.

Just about everyone enjoys sex, both men and woman.. why do you think the world population is growing so much every year..

But some people don't want to be married, (been there, done that ) but still enjoy sex, probably more so now, with sexier, and younger woman than my ex.

Maybe one day when I meet the right one, I may get married again, but after my experience with marriage to a lying deceitful cheating western woman, and with what it cost me, I am certainly not in any hurry to do so again... I now see about 5 or 6 different woman on a sort of rotation basis with the odd new one for a bit of variety, I am very much enjoying my life.. I don't normally pick up bar girls, maybe they are, but I usually meet girls at the discos or at a bar with a band, not the girls working as waitresses, but girls that come there after work to enjoy a drink and dance and maybe meet a guy..

I think the bar girl hooker, buy me ladydrink and pay barfine girls are struggling.. at a bar I go to there are 4 nice girls and most nights I am there, they don't even get a ladydrink.. I feel with these businesses, many will die out, times are changing !!!

Would that be the Nana Hotel Disco, or the Marine Disco, or the Banana Disco ( I don't know where you live ) by any chance? biggrin.png

Face is also a reason.

It's happening

Given that there are not, and have not been any westerners "caught in the act", let alone convicted of anything, I am cheesy.gif . The only ones criminalised are those that use underage children.

The neon lit streets of Thailand will fade away at the same time as the Ginza does.

That's worth cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

Who do you think runs it?

Face is also a reason.

It's happening

NB it is verboten to discuss the more specific aspects of the scene on TV, but google is your friend. Be warned that she may have borrowed her sisters id card. As a rule, if they look young, don't.

The idea is that the girl you choose to invite to dinner is a potential friend, future partner who knows. But it is not a quid pro quo for sex. If that is all you are looking for than yes, you should have a pay for play arrangement with consenting adults, and accommodating governments. Up to you if the exploitation of woman takes away from the total satisfaction. Doesn't work for me and all prostitution is exploitation at some level.

If I don't wan't a future partner or wife then I should just not date ???? Woman enjoy sex just as much as men do, sometimes I think more so !!!

so why should I have to be the one to pay for it ?

Equality is not alive and well when it comes to sex, both enjoy, but man pays.. still that's not any different than most things, you very seldom see a woman pay for coffee, drinks or a meal anywhere in the world, when she is with a man.. so man is already paying, the woman should pay with free sex...

It is a one way street now....

The Chinese market is a mistake ?? really ? They stay in hotels, they go to restaurants, the woman buy heaps of beauty products, they love the genuine massage shops, they go on tours, I guess they pay for all that ? They just don't go much to bars and drink all night and pay girls for sex..

Those numbers just do not sound correct. Of all of the hotel owners, restauranteurs, owners of gift shops, massage shops, and travel agents I have spoken with, all say the same thing. The Chinese tourists spend less money than any other group, that they have ever dealt with. So, why this high number? Perhaps that is the total generated, but does not take into account that alot of that money either stayed in China, or was repatriated back to China?

There is no doubt in the minds of these travel industry folks, that Western tourists are of far higher quality, when it comes to spending money. No doubt. It is a mistake of historic proportions, for the tourism ministry to target the Chinese market. A massive mistake.

other than that, they spend money on everything any other tourist does, but usually they don't stay long, just a day and off to the next place.

In Pattaya a week ago I see them going out to para sail by the boat load, I count 40 in the air at any one time, lasts about one minute, they land on the barges and they take off with a new customer in a few seconds, all at what ? 1,000B a pop, or more.. and they go for hours on end, pretty good money in any bodies books !! uh! ( and I didn't see one westerner go out ) plus there are hundreds of millions of them.. A great idea to target them for tourism..

and I didn't see one westerner go out

Probably got too much sense to do that. I doubt they are any more safe than the bungy jump, and nothing would make me trust that.

Probably a lot safer than swimming in the sea, as people drown nearly every week.

Just goes to show my point, the Chinese will do things and spend money.

Maybe there were no Westerners because they are too miserable to spend their money on enjoying them selves on anything but beers and bar girls.

Chinese have some stunning girls, the Chinese guys don't need Thai bar girls ....

I guess you live your life in cotton gloves, I won't do that, I might get hurt... Must be an exciting life you live .... not !!

Yes.

I guess you live your life in cotton gloves

I ride a m'bike in Thailand. It doesn't get more dangerous than that. The difference is that I am reponsible for myself on a m'bike. Parasailing I'd be putting my life in the hands of some guy that doesn't give a rat's about safety or doing it properly.

I do agree about Chinese women, which is why I like northern girls. Nicer legs than Issan girls too.

not really, on a motor bike your life is in the hands of all the crazy, ( sometimes drunk or on ya ba ) drivers out there !!!!

Just about everyone enjoys sex, both men and woman.. why do you think the world population is growing so much every year..

But some people don't want to be married, (been there, done that ) but still enjoy sex, probably more so now, with sexier, and younger woman than my ex.

Maybe one day when I meet the right one, I may get married again, but after my experience with marriage to a lying deceitful cheating western woman, and with what it cost me, I am certainly not in any hurry to do so again... I now see about 5 or 6 different woman on a sort of rotation basis with the odd new one for a bit of variety, I am very much enjoying my life.. I don't normally pick up bar girls, maybe they are, but I usually meet girls at the discos or at a bar with a band, not the girls working as waitresses, but girls that come there after work to enjoy a drink and dance and maybe meet a guy..

I think the bar girl hooker, buy me ladydrink and pay barfine girls are struggling.. at a bar I go to there are 4 nice girls and most nights I am there, they don't even get a ladydrink.. I feel with these businesses, many will die out, times are changing !!!

Would that be the Nana Hotel Disco, or the Marine Disco, or the Banana Disco ( I don't know where you live ) by any chance? biggrin.png

All the discos are "same same but different" I was talking about Tai Pan and Tiger disco in Patong, but there are plenty down Bungla road to choose from. After 1 am you can take your pick of hundreds of girls... I love it .. just like when I was a kid in a candy store, just have to chose which one you want,, tongue.pngbiggrin.png

• 5 months later...
On 07/17/2016 at 9:29 AM, keith101 said:

so many businesses would shut it would be very bad for the economy

It would be bad for the small people.

Not for the fat cats.

If a million people now earning a living at the bottom lose the job?

No problem.....

Archived