Taxi service in Nakhon Phanom

ethomas

AOT vans will drop your brother off anywhere in the downtown area for 200 Baht. My experience is they are polite and efficient. If further afield, I have a number somewhere but I will have to dig it out. No need to book AOT van. They await each plane. The office is directly as you come out into arrivals. Can't miss it.

Airports Of Thailand. The state enterprise that runs Thai airports.

I have dug.

081 872 1215 (Probably have to converse in Thai)

Briggsy's note

Booking a taxi 10 days in advance is very farang (I do it myself). Concern here is that locals don't do 10 days in advance. Might be better to leave till nearer the time. Just my experience.

I feel you have 2 options

1. Your brother simply retrieves his luggage, walks out into arrivals, walks the 20 metres to the AOT taxi counter and tells them where he would like to go. This is on the 22, only 22 km from the airport, so it is very straightforward. 500 Baht max, maybe less. Unfortunately it is to the west of the airport, so he will probably need his own taxi (van). I would recommend he have the address printed out in capital letters in 2 languages. Here it is in Thai.

อบต วังตามัว

2. Inform them on the number I gave you and try to fix the price and organise everything. Frankly, not really necessary but if you have a Thai speaker to assist may be worth a try. If you want to do this, phone the day before in line with my earlier comments.

Either way, it is difficult to go wrong. They do seem to be straight (honest) and on the ball at Nakhon Phanom AOT.

Edited by Briggsy

Hi All

my brother needs to go to this area

https://www.google.com.sa/maps/place/O+Bo+To+Nakhon+Phanom+Chok+Amnuai-kham+Sawang+Rd,+Tambon+Wang+Ta+Mua,+Amphoe+Mueang+Nakhon+Phanom,+Chang+Wat+Nakhon+Phanom+48000,+Thailand/@17.31723,104.4332859,3a,60y,294.66h,92.54t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYegRPPM4SKM7C2HXE-F8rw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x313c6525d03991af:0x74be4969e8bc953!8m2!3d17.3151707!4d104.4320541

short link https://goo.gl/dPmggQ

what could be the shortest way in thai to say to the driver this?

many thanks

Can your brother just print it out in 2 languages. I doubt the driver can speak English or be able to understand your brother's mangled attempt at Thai. Give the printout to the AOT taxi counter in arrivals.

I want a taxi to Or Bor Tor, Tambon Wang Ta Mua. (22 km from airport)

ผมต้องการแทกซี่ไปอบต วังตามัว (ระยะทาง๒๒กม.จากสนามบิน)

There you go.

Edited by Briggsy

• 1 month later...