Threatening to kill a family menber

bkkheat

Hi,

I had a bad business partner last year, was always drunk and made bad decisions.

Recently we been exchanging silly emails but the last one he said he will kill my daughter who is in Thailand and I'm in Australia for a few more months.

My ex says I should just ignore it, but this guy is a bit of a nutter and would like to know if by only having an email, can I do anything about it.

Otherwise I will just give him a visit when I arrive

Well he doesn't know where my daughter lives, so I don't think he could if he wanted to as he is always broke too.

I'm not going to board a flight as my assessment of him, is that he always talks crap without following through.

I would like to know if I sent the email to a police station or something they could give him a warning or something. Or is my only other option is to just give him a visit when I arrive.

sipi, on 20 Jul 2016 - 07:39, said:

An email is physical evidence. Print it out and take it to the cops in Australia.

And in Thailand as well, here they take threats of bodily harm very seriously, go and repot him

ASAP and put an end to this nutter, just show him that he doesn't live in a jungle.....

If you were seriously worried about said threat, you would have already reported it to police & not waste your time asking for advice on a public forum.

But, that's just my opinion.

I'm asking a public forum as I'm sure there are a few nutters in Thailand and I'm sure these things have happen before.

As I've said previously that I don't think he has it in him, but would like to know some advise on other ways to deal with him.

Unfortunately investigating death threats aren't "in" at the moment, the police probably won't help you.

Internet crime is 'in' however, our glorious leaders want to set an example for how dangerous internet freedom is, I suggest you get them to investigate it under the Computer Crime Act.

Given that the majority of individuals on this board can't seem to tie their shoes or purchase eggs without asking for advice,, I think perhaps you are barking up the wrong tree seeking help here.

I'm asking a public forum as I'm sure there are a few nutters in Thailand and I'm sure these things have happen before.

As I've said previously that I don't think he has it in him, but would like to know some advise on other ways to deal with him.

You say he doesn't know your daughters address:

- Are you really sure about that?

- Are you sure you or others haven't unconsciously left clues as to her address.

- In many cases a few 'innocent' questions will give him leads to find the address if he really wants.

- In other words don't be so quick to say 'he doesn't know her address .... '

- By the way, is your daughter a small child who needs serious adult protection, or an adult who can rationally protect herself from discovery etc.

Yeah just a 7 year old. Well they just moved and he doesn't have any friends, he does not talk to anyone apart from his own girlfriend as he is not a guy who can keep friends.

Anyways my ex is dealing with this situation now. She will go to the police with her father and he is a retired army general. She wasn't going to do anything but I guess she changed her mind.

Yeah just a 7 year old. Well they just moved and he doesn't have any friends, he does not talk to anyone apart from his own girlfriend as he is not a guy who can keep friends.

Anyways my ex is dealing with this situation now. She will go to the police with her father and he is a retired army general. She wasn't going to do anything but I guess she changed her mind.

Beggars belief why you hooked up with him in the first place....sad.png

If you were seriously worried about said threat, you would have already reported it to police & not waste your time asking for advice on a public forum.

But, that's just my opinion.

An example of why you shouldn't seek advice in THIS forum. Another example why not to would be the John Whaynes here telling you to "man up"

Fly her out of Los, or you fly in to LoS ... no ifs no maybes.

If you fly in, go to all the authorities, from police, to military, to embassy, etc. Report, and ask what their immediate action will be.

If not convinced, then fly her and you out of LoS.

Don't mess around.

Now you say, the mum's dad is a retired General ... as long as he retired "favourably", he must still have some influence and connections, just get him to knock on all the right doors, get your ex business partner hauled up for an interview to explain his (documented) threats ... job done, surely!

Ah, one of them.....

Hope you get it sorted.

I would be on the plane to Bangkok and I would make sure he never spoke another word like that. As I tell everyone say what you like about me but say anything about my family and you had better sleep with your eyes open

Ah, one of them.....

Hope you get it sorted.

sounds like the force will be with her

maybe the General can trump him up to a 15 years jail sentence, for threatening to kill your little princess

He seemed ok at first, then I started seeing his crazy side to him.

Anyways I'm sure my ex will deal with him until I come back to Bangers.

Bangers. ???????

BKK was referred to like that 30 years ago

You do have Cahones right ? Or Not.

Unfortunately investigating death threats aren't "in" at the moment, the police probably won't help you.

Internet crime is 'in' however, our glorious leaders want to set an example for how dangerous internet freedom is, I suggest you get them to investigate it under the Computer Crime Act.

This is Thailand!

You can report rotten lobster to the police and at least someone will check out what is reported..

I think a death threat to a farang/Thai child, assuming he's the biological father? The police would visit this guy..

But, the OP starts this off, as a real threat and implies his daughter needs immediate protection..

He gets called to man up to fly to Thailand immediately, then he brings the treat down to it's nothing..

It's just his old working buddy, that only talks out of his bun hole.

If that's the case, then he should have said nothing at all..

Man up get on the next flight to Thailand.

Go see him get him sorted, Life is cheap here, not a lot of money to hire someone to do things like he is threatening.

I've seen this before. Where, exactly, would I go to find someone reliable who will do the job and not blackmail/extort me afterward? How would I check on his reputation? How will I find out if his price is high or low? Curious minds want to know. When I was living in Phanat Nikhom there was a guy who worked at the sugar factory (his son was a Border Patrol Police officer) who used to ask me if I would like him to bump my wife off. Always told him no, but still wonder about it. She died anyway (natural causes, really). Anyway, old George H.W. Bush explained the reason the CIA doesn't contract assassinations is because people who kill other people are hard to trust.