Republican Convention Day 2: Damage control

webfact

Republican Convention Day 2: Damage control

606x341_339078.jpg

CLEVELAND: -- Day two of the Republican National Convention has been largely overshadowed by Melania Trump’s speech, and how much it borrowed from Michelle Obama’s own first lady pitch years earlier.

The row has distracted from Trump’s nomination, and the party was in damage control mode.

One Republican voter tried to play down the suspected plagiarism, saying,“OK, let’s look at it this way: maybe she never heard the speech of the other one and things came to her mind and she put them down, which, with her ethnic background, I think she did a very good job with it – explaining what’s going to be with her husband.”

Another Republican voter said:

“My gut reaction is that they’re talking about that because they don’t want to talk about all of the power points the Republicans hit, period. How bad Clinton’s been and how bad Obama’s been. And I don’t think that’s a big deal. It was first lady-esque. Big deal.”

It comes after a failed attempt to force a vote against Trump’s candidacy and protests which have dogged his campaign for months and show no signs of dying down. Euronews correspondent Stefan Grobe spoke to demonstrators at the opening of the convention.

One protester said bluntly, “He is making a fascist movement in America. He will lose but his movement is going to be around.”

Grobe met a woman handing out an interesting piece of minty advice.

“An Islamophobin gum. It’s a joke about helping islamophobia and to eliminate it,” she told Grobe.

Trump will be hoping the second day goes a lot more smoothly than the first, especially as polls show Democrat presumptive nominee Hillary Clinton with a five point lead.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-20

College students who plagiarize their term papers are given an F for the course, and sometimes even suspended from University. Penalties are more severe for graduate students.

What is the penalty for her, possibly a future first lady? A night alone with the male underwear model who spoke brilliantly last night?

The least they can do is spend $80 million investigating her. After all, she might just have connections with communism way back there in the past. Of course, she should be charged and imprisoned for this heinous crime. I am sure they were pretty sure no one listened to Michelle Obama's speech.

This lady will regret getting involved with Trump.

Trump told her to lie and say she wrote that speech.

She also lied about her college graduation.

Next they will find out she cheated on her citizenship application.

Deport her.

It is not surprising that they stole some of her speech. Trump has stolen alot of what he has earned over the course of his career. It comes very naturally to him. I am no fan of Hillary either. But, this man will stoop to any depth, to accomplish what he wants. Nothing is beyond him. That is why he is the subject of so many lawsuits. Have you ever in your life heard of someone who is involved in 3,500 lawsuits?

And despite his boasts on the campaign trail that he “never” settles lawsuits, for fear of encouraging more, he and his businesses have settled with plaintiffs in at least 100 cases reviewed by USA TODAY.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/

she says what she says 'cos a silver-spoon-fed-brat must keep in sugardaddy's good books for her handouts...

and it doesn't really mean she's actually gonna Vote for daddy

Edited by tifino

I know it was funny about Mrs Trump's plagerism but in the great schemem of things it really doesn't matter does it? Donald has got the nomination and the next few months will be about what plans he has, if any. It is no good keeping on banging the same old drum, now he actually has to come up with real, workable policies and not just hot air and bluster!

Some a yall are woefully behind the times regarding this so-called 'scandal'

Trumps wife was rickrolled - end of story.smile.png

So print the evidence. Who?

I found the scenes at the RNC simply amazing with the Chairman abandoning the stage and the fact that they did not have any form of vote as was requested. In no way was it possible to tell the difference between the number of people shouting 'aye' and the number shouting 'no' for the acceptance of the rules. To go through each state and get the vote would have been easy and would have stopped a huge divide being set up in the Republican party. I think for the way they have been treated there will be a lot of people who will lodge some form of protest vote. They will not vote for Trump that is for sure.

Great Convention so Far !!!

So lively and so interesting. Great speeches.

Democratic Convention is going to be quite boring..... If I were a Democrat, I would certainly not want to hear Hillary and her stressed out, scratchy, headache inducing voice. All apologies and excuses/whigning ...etc. Lock her up!

Many of those left wing nutcakes are scrambling to catch the Trump Train.

Trump is the Winner....like it or not.

Edited by slipperylobster

Democratic Convention is going to be quite boring..... If I were a Democrat, I would certainly not want to hear Hillary and her stressed out, scratchy, headache inducing voice. All apologies and excuses/whigning ...etc. Lock her up!

Iv'e noticed the stupid people like him.

You know, sometimes I wonder what a strange world we live in, especially lately, and then comes along DT for president and I really believe the world is in a bad place right now. Where are the real heroes? You know, the people that can really make a difference.

College students who plagiarize their term papers are given an F for the course, and sometimes even suspended from University. Penalties are more severe for graduate students.

What is the penalty for her, possibly a future first lady? A night alone with the male underwear model who spoke brilliantly last night?

I looked through the history of US first ladies, and I couldn't find any proof that any of them were required to make vital decisions in ruling the country.

So I would consider that even if she was an illiterate, which she definitely isn't, it wouldn't make any difference for the selection of the new president.

By the way, my opinion is that this is about opposition paying someone off to make her look like a fool.

Luckily nobody has to spend any money to make crooked Hilary look like one, she's doing a good job at that herself.

I like winners who don't declare bankruptcy four times. I like winners who pay their thousands of workers what the workers earned. I like winners who don't violently rape their wives (afterwards, Ivana spent all night crying in a closet. When she appeared the next morning, her husband barely acknowledged her or her hurt feelings - as told in a deposition by by Ivanka herself).

[quote}

One protester said bluntly, “He is making a fascist movement in America. He will lose but his movement is going to be around.”

I'm not lloking forward to a Trump presidency, but I support the majority of his ideas, and I hope that if he isn't elected that his movement will stay around and grow.

Because his his supporters aren't fascists, they are Political INcorrect people, while all you are PC peoiple.

What is his movement? Is it building divisions/walls between people with slight ethnic differences or slightly different skin colors?

Is his movement slapping tariffs of 35 to 45% on trading partners, therefore starting trade wars and ramping up costs for Americans?

Or perhaps his movement is cheating on taxes, not paying workers for work done, or just plain lying about most things.

I hope his movement is limited to his bowel movements - hopefully aimed at a toilet bowl.

[quote}

I'm not lloking forward to a Trump presidency, but I support the majority of his ideas, and I hope that if he isn't elected that his movement will stay around and grow.

Because his his supporters aren't fascists, they are Political INcorrect people, while all you are PC peoiple.

What is his movement? Is it building divisions/walls between people with slight ethnic differences or slightly different skin colors?

Is his movement slapping tariffs of 35 to 45% on trading partners, therefore starting trade wars and ramping up costs for Americans?

Or perhaps his movement is cheating on taxes, not paying workers for work done, or just plain lying about most things.

I hope his movement is limited to his bowel movements - hopefully aimed at a toilet bowl.

I think his movement is actually preventing WW III.

But never mind, follow the herd like a sheep, and get penetrated by the sheep shaggers that are on the way.

Sounds like the Damage Control isn't working too well:

Cleveland Police Catch Protester with 3 Bags of Urine – Allow Him to Keep It

leftist-protesters-fight-police-575x300.

The Cleveland police today spoiled plans by the anarcho-leftists after they confiscated their pi$$ bags.

Police also pulled a backpack full of nuts and and bolts off another protester on Wednesday.

The officer said at least one man was found with three bags of urine in his backpack. He was allowed to keep it, because there is no prohibition against bags of urine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/cleveland-police-chief-to-anarchists-talk-to-me/2016/07/19/de4b22a0-4dbf-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html?tid=sm_fb

What's wrong with these people?facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

As President, Donald Trump Could Purge U.S. Government Of Obama Appointees

"Reuters published an exclusive report today which suggests that if Trump is elected president, he would take legal steps to purge the federal government of Obama appointees..

A point the media surely misses, is that this idea would be heartily embraced by people who support Trump. In fact, it’s one of the keys to Trump’s success in this election."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-purge-exclusive-idUSKCN10003A

Well, that's good news isnt it? smile.png

Besides Chris Christi's dynamite speech Trumps boy delivered a barn-burner! smile.png

Donald Trump Jr. - AMERICA GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE! Republican National Convention

Extremely articulate don't you think? smile.png

Besides Chris Christi's dynamite speech Trumps boy delivered a barn-burner! smile.png

Donald Trump Jr. - AMERICA GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE! Republican National Convention

Extremely articulate don't you think? smile.png

Articulate? Maybe. He seems to have the best teeth that money can buy. It is also clear that he is unable to remove that silver spoon wedged firmly up his butt hole.

His 'policy' related pronouncements are garbage. He is completely ignorant on education. The only countries that have competition in education are those with private schools i.e. schools for the super rich. The idea of him talking about small business is beyond a joke. Just parroting right wing red meat statements written by one of the apparently numerous ghost writers whose job it is to create the fiction that runs the Trump Organization.

Surprising little interest in this thread. Guess that says something about the Republicans these days or those connected to Thailand. Both the Republicans and Democrats need to really revamp their parties. They are proud of their own arrogance and that is not going to keep the people coming back. If ever there was a time for a third party to gain ground and members its now. These parties and those third party candidates need leaders who tell the crazies and racists to screw off.

Media Spent More Time Analyzing Melania’s Speech Than FBI Did Hillary’s Emails

Trump tweeted, “Good news is Melania’s speech got more publicity than any in the history of politics especially if you believe that all press is good press!”

"The media is spending more time doing a forensic analysis of Melania's speech than the FBI spent on Hillary's emails."

.http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/20/trump-media-spent-time-analyzing-melanias-speech-fbi-hillarys-emails/

Indeed...thumbsup.gif