Best 4 door truck for under B800, 000.

Ford ranger hi-rider 4 door can be had for 789,000.

Very hard to beat that a great truck.

Isn't that the price for manual transmission? Personally I wouldn't have a vehicle with a manual gearbox as a gift in Thailand.

They are currently promoting the 4-door Triton on Pattaya Makro forecourt for 806kB if I remember correctly. Not sure which version though.

Isn't that the price for manual transmission? Personally I wouldn't have a vehicle with a manual gearbox as a gift in Thailand.

They are currently promoting the 4-door Triton on Pattaya Makro forecourt for 806kB if I remember correctly. Not sure which version though.

Nowt wrong with a manual mate, some of us prefer to drive a manual truck.

Triton nowhere near the quality of the Ranger IMHO.

You are absolutely correct, the Triton is "nowhere near the quality of the Ranger". The Triton is, in fact, a far superior truck in almost every respect to the Ranger, which also comes, free of charge, with the worst service/parts availability of any major manufacturer/dealers network in Thailand. Why anyone would consider (except to the extent that it can be explained by simple ignorance or, in the case of the Ranger, because you like the really neat colors) buying a Ford product, with so many better and better value options available, is beyond comprehension. In Thailand, as regards motor vehicles, Japan rules -- full stop! And while there may be some better trucks than the Triton in the Thailand market, it is a very good truck and the best "value for money" truck available. And for B800K, you can't beat the Triton, which I think was the OP's question. Next...........

Some of us actually enjoy driving.

DELETED

Edited by seedy
derogatory

You are absolutely correct, the Triton is "nowhere near the quality of the Ranger". The Triton is, in fact, a far superior truck in almost every respect to the Ranger, which also comes, free of charge, with the worst service/parts availability of any major manufacturer/dealers network in Thailand. Why anyone would consider (except to the extent that it can be explained by simple ignorance or, in the case of the Ranger, because you like the really neat colors) buying a Ford product, with so many better and better value options available, is beyond comprehension. In Thailand, as regards motor vehicles, Japan rules -- full stop! And while there may be some better trucks than the Triton in the Thailand market, it is a very good truck and the best "value for money" truck available. And for B800K, you can't beat the Triton, which I think was the OP's question. Next...........

Complete and utter nonsense.

Can a mod delete Thailaw's post because it is deliberately misleading and wrong?

Can a mod delete Thailaw's post because it is deliberately misleading and wrong?

Instead of asking for a post to be deleted because the opinion may differ from your own, how about actually disputing what he says with facts. I looked at all the 4 door models before I bought my Triton and IMO it did represent the best value, as I only paid 740,00 after the 100,000 baht discount offered at the time.

Edited by giddyup

Instead of asking for a post to be deleted because the opinion may differ from your own, how about actually disputing what he says with facts. I looked at all the 4 door models before I bought my Triton and IMO it did represent the best value, as I only paid 740,00 after the 100,000 baht discount offered at the time.

I'm not disagreeing with it being the cheapest, but there has already been so much content posted about how much better the Ranger is than anything else currently available here, do I really need to do that?

And the deletion request was meant to be tongue in cheek - I don't believe any post should be deleted unles it is seriously nasty.

I'm not disagreeing with it being the cheapest, but there has already been so much content posted about how much better the Ranger is than anything else currently available here, do I really need to do that?

And the deletion request was meant to be tongue in cheek - I don't believe any post should be deleted unles it is seriously nasty.

....now if only the ranger had a 4wd system that could be driven on hard surfaces.....I'd consider it as well.

Some of us actually enjoy driving.

Personally, I wouldn't have an automatic as I'm not decrepit, female or American.

I also enjoy driving. It's the gear changing I find tedious. In the same way I also enjoy having the wind in my hair but I dont see why I should have to turn a handle to get the window open. Or sing to myself when I want music in the car. It's also why I have power steering and power brakes. Automatic devices are there to take the tedium and pointless effort out of driving, leaving you the time to enjoy the rest.

Somehow I just cant see myself ever wanting to drive a manual vehicle in Thai traffic.

That may well be so. I am not qualified to judge.

I was just pointing out that the Triton is apparently available for just a few thousand Baht over the OP's budget. I expect that it may be possible to negotiate it down to below his maximum price. So it may be something that he wants to consider.

I am am sure the Ranger is great; sadly Ford in Thailand seems to have the worst reputation for service; and having owned a Ford Escape and experienced the utterly useless service of Ford Pattaya; I would never touch the brand again.

On the other hand; have had a Triton for seven years with no problems, excellent service from Mitsu; and have just ordered a new one.

Zoolander, your 800k budget is well below the top models from all manufacturers so you will need to check the safety features carefully because the less expensive models loose some good features. For example, Ford reserve electronic stability control for the top few +900k models only. You really need to look at the models and pick what suits you.

Personally I don't buy into generalizing about service & support by brand. There are some dealers and some specific models with problems. My experience with pickups from Ford, Toyota, Isuzu and Mitsu has been good. None are perfect but they are all well built and well supported in Thailand as expected for volume selling vehicles.

Edited by Jitar

I am am sure the Ranger is great; sadly Ford in Thailand seems to have the worst reputation for service; and having owned a Ford Escape and experienced the utterly useless service of Ford Pattaya; I would never touch the brand again.

On the other hand; have had a Triton for seven years with no problems, excellent service from Mitsu; and have just ordered a new one.

When I bought my vehicle I found that all dealers in Pattaya were useless and seemed unwilling to make any effort to sell anything at all. Ford were however the worst as whilst pleasant enough they simply had no display stock and a long waiting list (many months). Being unwilling to buy an unfamiliar vehicle unseen I was obliged to buy elsewhere.

One other thing that put me off about Ford was their reputation (possibly undeserved) for expensive and slow parts delivery. That and the fairly small number of Ford dealers one sees. I like to have a wide choice of main dealers and have profited from this for the servicing on my vehicle by switching from the rather pathetic dealer in Pattaya to a new one that opened up in Na Jomtien. Had I bought Ford I would be stuck with the Pattaya dealer for servicing, or a long drive.

Any views on the Mazda truck

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

I have one and am happy with it, just as I was happy with my previous Isuzus.

Had one almost 4 years until January this year, 300,000 km and never missed a beat, now have the Ranger, it was just that bit better for the money.. before that always had Isuzu's.....

in about 3 years time would not make a lot of different s ..........

"Mazda Motor Corporation and Isuzu Motors Limited have reached a basic agreement on next-generation pick-up truck collaboration, allowing Isuzu to enhance its product competiveness and Mazda to strengthen its product line-up and maintain own-brand market coverage,"

I understand you want new...I love my 2006 Isuzu 4dr Dmax 3.0 Turbo Deisel.  Comfort, ride, handling, features, reliability, ruggedness, styling, endurance and best of all excellent customer service here in Phuket.  If I wanted a new truck I would start my search at Isuzu.  I know it is sold as a Chevy in the States which would have turned me off but I am glad I did not know because I am very happy with it.  Considering it is 10 years old I think that says alot.  How many 10 year old Mustangs do you see on the road???  As an FYI I paid 250000 for it in BKK and drove it home 12 hours straight and loved it from the  start. The following is a Thai truck comparison tool you might find useful.

http://www.siamnewcar.com/showcompare.php?bid1=13&mid1=153&gid1=535&bid2=18&mid2=240&gid2=847&bid3=8&mid3=191&gid3=680&bid4=49&mid4=16&gid4=130

While the Ranger is clearly the best in class in its 3.2 wildtrack version, the 2.2 XLT is poorly equipped and its engine is one of the worst of the market and as a bonus you get Ford legendary after sale service.

With a 800k budget the triton is a far better choice.

Edited by pistachios

5 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

love my 3 year mitsubishi triton. 2 door 4 seater. has been an excellent car. bought brand new for 600K. (they were doing the 100k discount just after the govt stopped it) sadly i have to sell it now as i am going home. 380K for anyone who is interested.

triton side.jpg

Where are you located.....automatic?