Foreign Street Vendors Arrested for Working Without Permits

webfact

Foreign Street Vendors Arrested for Working Without Permits
Story by Albert Jack

pat6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 11pm, on July 27, Banglamung police officers arrested three street-food vendors for working without valid permits.

Thirty-two-year old Cambodian national, Mr Jim, twenty-four-year old Mrs Mien and nineteen-year-old Mr So-Nai, who are both Burmese, were arrested in the Neunplubwan, Kaonoi Community area of Pattaya.

Two fruit carts and a roti cart (all motorcycle side-cars) were confiscated.

An official said that they take these matters very seriously because it is considered as ‘taking away a Thai’s profession.’

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/228709/foreign-street-vendors-arrested-working-without-permits/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-28

If slicing fruits and making roti is a profession, than my missus should get a PhD in cooking and cleaning.....

Maybe you could ask the Brexiteers for their opinion on this.

There is one above this post, who now at once doesn't agree with what he defended last month laugh.png

Edited by Berty100

I think its a fair charge….too often governments stand by and do nothing as foreigners come in and displace the the citizens of jobs and economic opportunities.

.... or they didn't have the required doraemon stickers.

I think its a fair charge….too often governments stand by and do nothing as foreigners come in and displace the the citizens of jobs and economic opportunities.

Just like in the UK? I wonder how many Brits want to work at McDonalds and Subway?

Sure, but tell me how farang ladies do their stuff in bars with no problem....?

A free ride for the prosecutors, or perhaps a blowing in the wind job? Green and blue eyes and blonde hair helps a lot. Nastrovie...thumbsup.gif

If slicing fruits and making roti is a profession, than my missus should get a PhD in cooking and cleaning.....

Maybe you could ask the Brexiteers for their opinion on this.

There is one above this post, who now at once doesn't agree with what he defended last month laugh.png

I'm a Brexiteer and my opinion is, quite right too. In the 15 years I was in Thailand I spent a small fortune keeping legal. The real improvement would come from removing all the Indians working in the markets, it's kind of hard to buy something from a Thai in the clothes markets and as I understand it, their contribution is 500 a day or something to local plod?The problem will come if they decide to levy the same amount of "professionalism" towards construction workers. The country might well slow down a bit then.... As a matter of interest can anybody answer this? Don't neighbouring countries get an automatic kind of wp on arrival? I seem to remember the Burmese coming in at Ranong were allowed to work in various jobs?

On 05/08/2016 at 0:51 PM, JayBird said:

That is good, but I hear they are 'trying' to 'clean up' walking street :(

Yes, they want to get rid of the beggars, soliciting ladyboys and try to keep it more tourist friendly.  Closure orders have been issued for bars who don't follow the rules.

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, they want to get rid of the beggars, soliciting ladyboys and try to keep it more tourist friendly.  Closure orders have been issued for bars who don't follow the rules.

Will that include the Russian bars, brazenly flouting the Immigration laws of Thailand, I wonder?

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The Russian bars on Walking Street were raided a few months ago. I would imagine they now have everything in order.

I also saw Russians working in Second Road tourist booths near Soi 9 and Central yesterday - three of them. What irritates me is the hypocrisy and one-sided corruption, allowing Russians to do things other foreigners would never dare to do.

If everyone could do it, great.