No Surprise As Nangfah Owner Is Arrested for Running Unlicensed Bar

rooster59

What about the head honcho that these alleged extortionists threatened to accuse of trafficking when they didn't believe it was him on the phone? Does he condone these delaying tactics after they insulted him? Would it be asking too much for a reporter to pick up the phone and check with his office. Jeez!

The two sisters accuse the police of attempting to extort money from them for operating a bar.

It should be quite easy to find out if the bar was licensed or not.

If it was not then it is reasonable for the sisters to be charged for operating an unlicensed bar.

Which part of 'She did, however admit that she did not have a license' do you not understand?

I understood every word.

I was just attempting to show some courtesy to my fellow posters by empowering them with self-discovery of the facts.

You did well grasshopper.

The two sisters accuse the police of attempting to extort money from them for operating a bar.

It should be quite easy to find out if the bar was licensed or not.

If it was not then it is reasonable for the sisters to be charged for operating an unlicensed bar.

Easy is a very apt word and it's easier than trying to find and detain the accused officers who are simply ignoring the summonses sent to them.

If the bar is unlicensed then it's appropriate to charge but where's the urgency to deal with the alleged extortion ?

Not sure if we are reading the same news article but the one posted that I am getting info from says that public servants are provided 30 days for an investigation to occur and charges to be pressed if appropriate.

Same article you?

The article is about the summons that was issued that the 5 police officers had to appear already yesterday (Friday 29 July), but they did not bother to show up.

Regardless of whether there are 30 days provided for the investigation, a summons to appear had already been issued and they did not show up for that.

Even if 30 days are provided, why take all those 30 days if one (police force) wants to show one is serious about clamping down on corruption.

Besides, the extortion occurred on Thursday 14th July, police complaint was filed on Friday 15th July, so half of those 30 days have already passed.

You own/run a bar in Thailand.....you deal with bar girls/massage?/prostitution....you deal with the cops....it's a given.

You buck the cops....it's gonna hurt!!

Ran a bar here for 12 years and no BIB got a single satang or free service in all that time.

So no, it isn't a given. Nice little adage, If you don't see it with your own eyes, don't make it up with your mouth, or in this case, your fingers.......................wink.png

That said, all our licences were current, tax paid, etc for the duration. Extortion is something different however, and if the ladies were running their sing-song without a licence then they should face the music. But not at the expense of dropping charges against public servants using their positions to extort.

OK. So it was always going to turn out something like this. The unknown factor was the exact procedure that was going to occur to bring it to this conclusion.

Yes. Who would have ever guessed the sinister way the BiB used such a diabolical procedure as to arrest them for no business license.

What will they think of next?

;-)

Perhaps Bridge players having too many packs of cards?

On July 30, 2559 BE at 2:18 AM, ChrisY1 said:

You own/run a bar in Thailand.....you deal with bar girls/massage?/prostitution....you deal with the cops....it's a given.

You buck the cops....it's gonna hurt!!

Considering who called the BIB trying to extort money from her, I'd say this lady had sorted out the cops already.

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 4:55 AM, ClutchClark said:

All these foreigners on here complaining about the customs of the host country.

Kinda makes me wonder if that is not what all those Muslims think who come to the US and want to apply their Shariah Law.

I have zero tolerance for them and figure if they are unhappy with the practices and customs of their host country then they should have thought about that before they moved there.

But to think they have any right or authority to complain seems a bit like comedy to me.

You are so right about people coming here and criticising the place. It's usually yanks and ozzies for some reason. They seem to be very judgemental, narrow minded and parochial.   If you don't like it here - go back home I think.