New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Long time user, hate the new format, will be spending less time on here 

Well , according to the tech guys this forum is much simpler to use now .   If you're a tech guy that is. 

1) android version still not working at all.  using Marshmallow 6.0.2.  Checked the Google Play store 2 days ago.

2a) Followed content does not have "get unread post" switch on links 

2b) Followed content does not state/sort by threads that have newest reply.

3) Forum posts need mouseover tooltip [ajax?] that has the first several lines of 1st post....I don't necessarily need to open the entire thread to see if the first post is.  Should save on forum load.

4) the "last poster" or "last replier" mouseover tooltip should have first several lines of last post....for the same reasons (not need to open entire thread).

5 minutes ago, bdenner said:

<snip>

Why can't I review a post before submitting it?

What do you mean by  "Review"?

There is a Preview icon on the right side in the Toolbar. It looks like a piece of paper with a magnifying glass on it, is that what you mean ?

3 minutes ago, SattaheapSea said:

that's why some of us need a proper manual.

If you need a manual to figure out what buttons do on a Toolbar (when you can hover on them and then it actually tells you what it does) then you shouldn't be using a PC :D

preview.JPG

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

^ If you need a manual to figure out what buttons do on a Toolbar (when you can hover on them and then it actually tells you what it does) then you shouldn't be using a PC :D

it doesn't say that icon is a preview button unless someone moves the cursor on it.

Apologies for me silly and i'm not familiar with this interface design.

9 minutes ago, SattaheapSea said:

it doesn't say that icon is a preview button unless someone moves the cursor on it.

Apologies for me silly and i'm not familiar with this interface design.

I count 9 buttons in that Toolbar. When I have no idea what they mean, I just try them out, or hover on them. It feels like you want to be spoon fed. Question, ever used Microsoft Word or Excel ??

Here it goes, alrighty then

So B means BOLD that makes text BOLD

I means ITALIC that makes text ITALIC

U means Underline that makes text Underlined

link.JPG Means that you can link an URL to Text

quote.JPG Means that you can Quote text

this is a quote

emotic.JPG Adds Emoticons to your post :cheesy:

bullet.JPG Makes a Bulleted List

• number 1
  • number 2

numbered list.JPG makes a Numbered List

1.  Number 1
  2. Number 2

preview.JPG Is the preview Icon

16 hours ago, NancyL said:

it wasn't possible to go back to the old site and iron out the problems in perhaps a Beta version with a few people invited to participate. 

There was a Beta version of sorts - the French version of Thaivisa was using this new forum software for a while before the main live site was switched over.

44 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I count 9 buttons in that Toolbar. When I have no idea what they mean, I just try them out, or hover on them. It feels like you want to be spoon fed. Question, ever used Microsoft Word or Excel ??

Here it goes, alrighty then

So B means BOLD that makes text BOLD

I means ITALIC that makes text ITALIC

U means Underline that makes text Underlined

link.JPG Means that you can link an URL to Text

quote.JPG Means that you can Quote text

emotic.JPG Adds Emoticons to your post :cheesy:

bullet.JPG Makes a Bulleted List

• number 1
  • number 2

numbered list.JPG makes a Numbered List

1.  Number 1
  2. Number 2

preview.JPG Is the preview Icon

well, I have used and worked lots before.

but comparing this one with the old one if not wrong , it has  preview button sitting right next to submit button.

Then I would say for me it's going to take awhile to understand all the functions  provided by TV forum.

I don't know how other members feel about the design  because i found out that there are different levels of computer literacy here.

40 minutes ago, SattaheapSea said:

well, I have used and worked lots before.

but comparing this one with the old one if not wrong , it has  preview button sitting right next to submit button.

Then I would say for me it's going to take awhile to understand all the functions  provided by TV forum.

I don't know how other members feel about the design  because i found out that there are different levels of computer literacy here.

I understand what you are saying, I just give you an example

Windows 7 vs Windows 8.1

That was also a major change with the Tiles and the removing of the Start Menu and everything else. People even made a program (Startisback) that brought back the Start Menu on Windows 8.

IMO it's just the change from old to new, it takes some time getting used to but after a while you (maybe) start to like it.

I couldn't be bothered personally as I use a lot of forums, some running crappy sw, where you even can't upload a file but have to use an Image hoster and Copy and Paste the link to display a Picture ;) or doesn't have a quote button and have the use codes like (quote) and (/quote) to put text in quotes, compared to those forums this Forum works like a Charm.

1 minute ago, Kinnock said:

Why do we now have the quoted parts of a post in a Huge font?

It makes it look like the quoted poster is shouting at us.

You shout too :D

Already asked a couple of times, AFAIK no answer yet from the Tech Team

19/08/2016 - We will be applying some patches and a configuration change as per instructions of our vendor, this means the site will be offline between 4:00am and 6:00am the 20/08/20106. We will monitor performance and re-install the Tapatalk plugin Monday if stability is achieved.

TD

3 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

19/08/2016 - We will be applying some patches and a configuration change as per instructions of our vendor, this means the site will be offline between 4:00am and 6:00am the 20/08/20106. We will monitor performance and re-install the Tapatalk plugin Monday if stability is achieved.

TD

That's Friday night, after the bar time.. You might be willing to consider this new invention. It's made for github, but could be modified for anything. 
 Sources: https://github.com/noidontdig/gitdown
:)

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

That's Friday night, after the bar time.. You might be willing to consider this new invention. It's made for github, but could be modified for anything. 
 Sources: https://github.com/noidontdig/gitdown
:)

5555555555, modified for use when posting on the Forum ?

That would have (maybe) prevented NancyL rant about the Forum :D

17 minutes ago, MJCM said:

5555555555, modified for use when posting on the Forum ?

That would have (maybe) prevented NancyL rant about the Forum :D

And soon to be stripped of her stardom by followers.......NO, not that, thank gawd.........:lol:

Perhaps I've overlooked it, but I was noticing today that there doesn't seem to be the "go to first unread post" option within the threads any more (yes, I know it is still in the forum listings immediately to the left of the thread title).

I just opened up a thread that had grown to 9 pages and had to wade through 6 of them before I finally got to the last post I could remember reading. Quite often I click a link that takes me directly into the thread (like I just did for this thread). Previously I could then click the "go to first unread post" and carry on. Now I find myself scrolling my mouse to the top-right corner of the thread and looking for the button only to realize it's not there anymore.

Not a big deal, just made things a little more convenient now and then. 

(ps: site is really lagging this afternoon and appears to have crashed for a few minutes at least.)

Archived