New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

Unbelievable today managed to get on/open something......... tried all day yesterday and it just timed out, or site cannot be found.. or  Sorry, there is a problem  message

Guess this new site is different, the old site was have a problem the switch on a VPN to Singapore and you where in, this new site a VPN to Singapore does not help at all.  

For me anyway this new format is a very hit and miss, sadly mostly miss, as so painfully slow......  it must be this site as no other site I visit has a problem. is slow or times out.

19 hours ago, ignis said:

Unbelievable today managed to get on/open something......... tried all day yesterday and it just timed out, or site cannot be found.. or  Sorry, there is a problem  message

Guess this new site is different, the old site was have a problem the switch on a VPN to Singapore and you where in, this new site a VPN to Singapore does not help at all.  

For me anyway this new format is a very hit and miss, sadly mostly miss, as so painfully slow......  it must be this site as no other site I visit has a problem. is slow or times out.

FYI:

Upgrade Screenshot 16-08-29 01-54-13.jpg

On 8/27/2016 at 10:00 AM, Tech Doctor said:

Im trying to capture the exact time when it locks to send to invision, they are aware, the freeze last 60 seconds then releases. Weird but we are investigating.

Also we should have a new android version updated and in the play store by Tuesday.

TD

Does that mean that i will be able to get world news and dozens more things on my android?

@Tech Doctor Are you aware that in Firefox videos no longer show up in posts, in Internet Explorer the video shows but not the text and in Chrome both the video and text show.

Firefox:

FF Screenshot 16-08-29 16-16-12.jpg

IE:

IE Screenshot 16-08-29 16-15-44.jpg

Chrome:

GC Screenshot 16-08-29 16-14-53.jpg

This has been happening over the last couple of days. I didn't report it earlier as I presumed it was due to the forum re-build.

On 8/27/2016 at 2:10 PM, VBF said:

@Tech Doctor Not wishing to tell you your job but has anyone considered that might be a hardware issue?  Possibly a disk controller hanging or similar? I've seen similar symptoms and with the everyone's concentration being on software updates, could that have been overlooked? 

Hi @VBF - Yes we are looking into IOPS on the RDS to see if there is an underlying issue, problem is we cannot benchmark the system yet as its not fully finished indexing, and under more than normal load. Both Amazon support and Invision have asked us to wait this week out so we can start to pick the issues apart. There are now only 13 tasks left should be down to 9 tomorrow morning.

TD

• Like 1

@Tech Doctor

My content I posted in only shows (since today) only content from yesterday and today but my time period is set to 180 days

This way it's becoming hard to find the threads you posted in.. One more thing in the Participated section in the TV app I see everything, but thus not in the Website

content.JPG

I don't know if it's been mentioned before. But tried to post a reply using the quote on a post, and what did I get well lots of posts not one to do with the one I was replying to.

Just about given up with your new system.

Don't even look at the daily news now cant be bothered.

Edit. 

Sorry forgot to add that since your update now don't have RSS feeds, just getting no RSS feeds have been configured. Looks like your new system is working well keep up the good work.

Edited by fredob43

27 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

<snip>since your update now don't have RSS feeds, just getting no RSS feeds have been configured.

I get RSS Feeds, look at the screen and see your post on top ? (This is in Firefox)

rssfeeds.JPG

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi,

Everything should come back over the next day, the full search index is being created as we speak. Its the last task to run since i edited the search parameters to all this morning

TD

It's coming back for sure, at the moment I see the content from August 4th till now

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Tech Doctor said:

Hi @JetsetBkk

No I wasnt, the post rebuilds have just finished and its working on other links in posts. Can we keep an eye on this over this week, if its still the same we will investigate further.

TD

@Tech Doctor

More information for you:

[ I was about to post the following information about two posts with video clips in them. In one post I could see the video, in the other post I could not - it was just a black rectangle. Here is the post: ]

I can see the video in Kartman's post here:

but not the video in this one from webfact here:

Is there a difference in these two posts?

---------------------------------

So that was the post I was going to make. But guess what? After clicking on the link of webfact's post - just to make sure the link was correct - I could see the video!

And when I went back to original "news notification" which obviously had the same link, it also shows the video. So I don't know what happened, or whether something changed at your end or (I don't think so) mine.

I'll continue to monitor.

Is the indexing still running? only I've noticed that some threads I've participated in aren't showing in my "Participated" list in Tapatalk.

E.g. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/927277-So-what-did-the-Brexit-supporters-gain%3F&share_tid=927277&share_fid=29570&share_type=t

I've posted in this thread before the upgrade & it was in my participated list but isn't there now despite me posting to it again earlier.

Cheers

JB

Edit: weird, url isn't showing after I made a typo change, this is the topic I'm referring to
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/927277-So-what-did-the-Brexit-supporters-gain%3F&share_tid=927277&share_fid=29570&share_type=t

Edit2: yep, url disappeared again... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/927277-So-what-did-the-Brexit-supporters-gain%3F&share_tid=927277&share_fid=29570&share_type=t

59 minutes ago, cumgranosalum said:

It's all a bit of a mess really, isn't it?

It certainly is - I suspect server and database are managed by hired third parties which don't invest the needed time or skill or both.

39 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

The 'Content I Posted In' option from the Activity menu no longer works. (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/discover/content-posted/). I had it set as my default view so I thought the forum was down for quite a while until I figured out what was happening!

@SoiBiker In my case all "My Activity Streams" work but "Content I Posted In" is taking a lot longer to refresh - it does get there eventually though!

Possibly that area still being indexed and the others complete? Seems odd because I don't think you index searches, rather you index data. The symptom might assist TD though.

Edited by VBF
Adding more info

12 minutes ago, VBF said:

@SoiBiker In my case all "My Activity Streams" work but "Content I Posted In" is taking a lot longer to refresh - it does get there eventually though!

Possibly that area still being indexed and the others complete? Seems odd because I don't think you index searches, rather you index data. The symptom might assist TD though.

Yup, takes ages to show up, all others are fast. 

25 minutes ago, Carib said:
38 minutes ago, VBF said:

My "Content I Posted In" times out after 60 seconds. I can now only use "My Posts" - which is everything I have posted, obviously.

2 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:
3 hours ago, Carib said:
3 hours ago, VBF said:

My "Content I Posted In" times out after 60 seconds. I can now only use "My Posts" - which is everything I have posted, obviously.

Still timing out...

TV Timeout Screenshot 16-09-01 22-45-09.jpg

but the good news is, the videos appear to be showing as normal.