New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

The new forum software no longer uses the ancient BBCode but instead uses HTML. I see that the link "Source" has now been added to the toolbar of the reply box, at the far left, to toggle between WYSIWIG and HTML.

Not for us plebs, it hasn't.  default_mad.gif  default_angry.png  default_annoyed.gif

@Tech Doctor!! Are you reading this?

6 hours ago, VBF said:

To @JetsetBkk I say thank you for your advice above - I tried F.Lux last night and when I retired at 2AM my eyes were far less tired than on previous occasions. I shall press on with it as there are several adjustments that one can make (as you know) to make it more useful By the way, F.Lux is now up to version 3.10 should you be interested. And to anyone who is interested, it's a very unintrusive little utility, very easily disabled if required.

@SoiBiker F.Lux also has the "Hotkeys" to adjust brightness from the keyboard - see attached 

F.Lux.JPG

Didn't know about the hotkeys! (Only been using it for 5 years default_facepalm.gif) Thanks, VBF :) .

My F.lux is set up for 7.9N, 98.3E. Daytime: 6500K, night: 3900K, transition: slow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, taotoo said:

AFAIK both of these can only adjust a brightness curve, not actually increase brightness over the display's current backlight setting. The utility I use actually adjusts the display's backlight.

taotoo is right, ClickMonitorDDC changes the real monitor-brightness/contrast, 100% same as pressing the monitor-buttons,
even the nvidia-control-panel does only some inefficient software-filter-thing, not using the real hardware-possibilities of the monitor.

I change brightness and contrast of my monitor very often, for programming low values, for watching videos high values, and day/night needs adjusting.
It would be horrible for me using the monitor-buttons, I really need a torch light for finding these hidden touch buttons and navigating through user-unfriendly menus.
ClickMonitorDDC is such easy to use, simply two clicks, first click notification-icon (which shows dynamically actual brightness/conbtrast value),
then click the wanted value, and go back to desktop, ClickMonitorDDC-window closes automatically when loosing focus.

But besides clicking buttons or using sliders, ClickMonitorDDC can also deal with command lines in all possible ways,
assign hot keys, create context menu popup entries, use batch files or append arguments in icon properties shortcut target.

This way you can use autohotkey too, but alternatively you could assign hot keys directly in ClickMonitorDDC

18 minutes ago, monidor said:

command lines in all possible ways,
assign hot keys

This way you can use autohotkey too, but alternatively you could assign hot keys directly in ClickMonitorDDC

Can you assign single-key hot keys (e.g. without having to use CTRL or ALT) somehow? Via the command line perhaps? Will happily ditch AutoHotKey if so.

58 minutes ago, MJCM said:

But is it a good idea to add it for the plebs (the HTML Source button that is) as it could also (maybe) be able to add malicious content via that option ?

:wai:

Well, I'm not that way inclined (muchdefault_gigglem.gif), but I do like to know exactly what I am posting rather than go through a WYSIWYG interface.

I guess that's why I was an assembler programmer for 35 years and never liked "high level languages" or compilers.  default_biggrin.png

29 minutes ago, taotoo said:

Can you assign single-key hot keys (e.g. without having to use CTRL or ALT) somehow? Via the command line perhaps? Will happily ditch AutoHotKey if so.

sorry no single keys, only combinations with ctrl/alt/shift.
Autohotkey is real a great tool, you can program so many special things.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, monidor said:

sorry no single keys, only combinations with ctrl/alt/shift.
Autohotkey is real a great tool, you can program so many special things.

I run my PC using Autohotkey macros. Best tool ever invented.  default_thumbsup.gif

7 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Not for us plebs, it hasn't.  default_mad.gif  default_angry.png  default_annoyed.gif

You're right. I forgot to check that before posting about the toggle to switch between between WYSIWIG and HTML.

Had no end of problems 'sign in'  a pop up appeared loads of time saying @ is missing  ??  where and what @ is needed ? ignis is missing a @

So after 2 hours have got in, but try to read 'News' or 'Home'  I am not signed in, and cannot because of some missing @..........

In my email address daily Topics all the topics will not open,  No service or no data sent... 

If these has been answered before, sorry, but searching hasn't helped me.

(1) How do you quote a previous conversation - not just a single entry? It's now pretty much impossible to follow long conversations.

(2) And, if you do quote something and then edit it to remove extraneous information, how can you actually type a response? I can't seem to get the cursor to go below the quoted text to insert a reply.

And finally, could you let us know what bulletin board software you're using, so I can read the available reference material?

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Oxx said:

1) How do you quote a previous conversation - not just a single entry? It's now pretty much impossible to follow long conversations.

Select the whole text you want to quote and then a popup comes up with "Quote this text" you can this for multiple parts of the text as you can see. But it doesn't work (or I haven't found out yet how to do it in a Post when you edit it and you want to add a quote, so I just Cut and Paste and use the quote button)

(2) And, if you do quote something and then edit it to remove extraneous information, how can you actually type a response? I can't seem to get the cursor to go below the quoted text to insert a reply.

Go to the end of the post. click on the right lower part of the Quote and press Enter or move the Quote out of the way with your mouse (you can try to figure that last one out yourself ;)

And finally, could you let us know what bulletin board software you're using, so I can read the available reference material?

https://invisionpower.com/

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Something REALLY has to be done about the difficulty in replying to a post!

Who wants to waste a lot of time trying to figure out how to get rid of the unwanted posts automatically added???

When in the Reply Box, press Ctrl+A on your keyboard and then Press Delete.

Or (this works in Firefox) Right Click in the reply box and press Select All and then press delete.

This will delete everything in the Reply Box

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Maestro said:

23 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

You're right. I forgot to check that before posting about the toggle to switch between between WYSIWIG and HTML.

5 hours ago, MJCM said:

Select the whole text you want to quote and then a popup comes up with "Quote this text" you can this for multiple parts of the text as you can see. But it doesn't work (or I haven't found out yet how to do it in a Post when you edit it and you want to add a quote, so I just Cut and Paste and use the quote button)default_clap2.gif

Go to the end of the post. click on the right lower part of the Quote and press Enter or move the Quote out of the way with your mouse (you can try to figure that last one out yourself ;)

https://invisionpower.com/

Thank you MJCM!  default_clap2.gif

The first part of this post - The Maestro quote of my quote - is my check of what you wrote in your comment, which is the second quote, i.e. how to quote more than one previous comment, i.e. do multi-nested quotes.

The second part is your actual post explaining how to do multi-nesting. Unfortunately it doesn't show your quoted text because I simply clicked on the "MultiQuote" button rather than select all of your comment. Next time I'll get it right!  default_biggrin.png

anybody else been noticing the higher influx of New Member Scam Threads today?

I have reported at least 4 or 5 today, alone.

I think the spammers have just pinpointed my Reporting them, as...

...just now I got a Spam message, from a new member on TV:  [joyce111]

with it's content below:

Project

From Mrs Joyce Philip

My name is Mrs Joyce Philip I was born in Kuwait. I am married to Mr. Joshua Philip who worked with Kuwait embassy in GHANA for nine years before he died in the year 2015 We were married for eleven years without a child When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of $4 Million in a Bank here in GHANA a And Recently, My Doctor told me that I would not last for the next six months due to my cancer problem (cancer )presently this money is still in the Bank. Having known my condition I am in need of a Hear ted Individual that i will utilize this fund the way I am going to instruct he or her I want somebody that will use this fund according to the desire of my late husband to help the poor people, orphanages widows I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this fund. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank in GHANA I will also issue you an authorization letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund. You can contact me with this Alternative
Email [email protected]

May GOD Bless you

Mrs Joyce Philip

UPDATE: 00:18hrs

the scammer must have just read this Post, as the message has miraculously disappeared from my Inbox

but the scammer is still in T.V. , at this time.

this is the dude:     

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search/?q=joyce111&type=core_members

and I have now Reported the contents of my Post, to Admin

Edited by tifino

5 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

@ignis - When did you get that? newsletter is fine for me in UK and Thailand, no issues. Please provide me abit more information

When....... All day, from 6 am, just going to bed and suddenly is already logged in...  but many try in the past 5 hours was 'Log in' and then missing @ so could not....  still the same on many emails + the 'News or Home' =   ' Service unavailable'

Where, near Sai Noi 50km north west of BKK, only option here for past 12 + year is TRUE....... not my PC [Windows 10 + Chrome] as also tried on the XP Laptop, was the same.

On 16.8.2016 at 7:14 PM, MJCM said:

Try this http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/discover/28/

BUT as indexing isn't finished and TD has limited it, it only shows a couple of days of posts

looks good, Ta,

but will there be a button for this or wilI have to type in ..../forum/discover/28/    ???????

Im trying to capture the exact time when it locks to send to invision, they are aware, the freeze last 60 seconds then releases. Weird but we are investigating.

Also we should have a new android version updated and in the play store by Tuesday.

TD

4 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Im trying to capture the exact time when it locks to send to invision, they are aware, the freeze last 60 seconds then releases. Weird but we are investigating.

Also we should have a new android version updated and in the play store by Tuesday.

TD

@Tech Doctor Not wishing to tell you your job but has anyone considered that might be a hardware issue?  Possibly a disk controller hanging or similar? I've seen similar symptoms and with the everyone's concentration being on software updates, could that have been overlooked? 

• Like 1