My Content Gone

Pib

Before the upgrade I could go to "My Content" to review threads I had posted in.  But going to my content now it;s blank...as in no previous posts listed there.

Now I did reply to a post a few minutes ago and when going to my connect it shows that one thread/post.

With the new system does this mean the list of of previous posts contained in the My Content area got zeroed-out and we are starting new to build up a list of threads we have replied to?

I still don't have anything.  Where is this "Find Content" selection?   The highlighted title of Content does not do anything.

And how do you delete an attachment that you attached but then want to delete it...I can't find no delete selection so there may be two images/attachments on this post...it showing two but I can't delete the one attachment.  

Capture.JPG

Edited by Pib

Likewise, I can't find any "find content" link/command anywhere on the page. Are we missing something?

Up in the yellow bar section at the top of the page, under More, there's an Activity link with a My Activity Streams dropdown. That includes sublinks for Content-Started and Content-Follow.  But right now, those appear to do nothing.

Lastly, I had the former My Content link old the old site bookmarked as my TV homepage in my browser. Right now, that former My Content links leads to nothing.

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

I still don't have anything.  Where is this "Find Content" selection?   The highlighted title of Content does not do anything.

And how do you delete an attachment that you attached but then want to delete it...I can't find no delete selection so there may be two images/attachments on this post...it showing two but I can't delete the one attachment.  

Capture.JPG

If you place your mouse over your name a box pops up after a few seconds, the "Find Content" link is there.

OK...placing the mouse over my name does allow a pop box with a Find Content selection, but when clicking it, it shows shows posts for today/since ThaiVisa came back on line...well, kinda online as I keep losing connection.  

And now i got to figure out how to only show the threads when using Find Content because it shows each individual post versus showing the threads only then you could click on a particular thread to see your posts within that thread.

Edit:  figured it out in how to just show the threads (topics)....once getting into your Find Content area click the Topics selection and my old stuff is still there.

Edited by Pib

When I mouse over my name in Firefox, nothing pops up at all -- even leaving the mouse cursor there for an extended period.

When I click my name, I can access the "Managed Followed Content" section, but that's really a different thing.

One other way to kind of get to the desired info is to go to one's Profile homepage, and then click the See My Activity link in the upper right corner.

That then produced a menu on the left edge of the screen that includes at least links for My Posts and My Topics, but not one's I've just followed.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Yea, I just noticed that I was adding replies and when going to Find Content and selecting Topics, the topic I had made my last post to should have been on top...but no where to be found at least on the first page of topics showing.  I then sorted different ways and it still would not show.   I guess this is indexing underway/being slow causing this issue as mentioned by Tech Doctor above.

Yes, and what exact place-link on the site/page are we supposed to access that from, when it is finished indexing?

I don't get the mouseover popup that Upnotover refers to above.

And the Yellow bar section My Activity Streams, at present, produces no content at all.

I also noticed that earlier when I went into my Message area all my previous messages were gone....it would just search and search.  But when I did it a minute ago the past messages have appeared now.  Indexing catching up I guess.

18 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

There is over 36GB to index, give me time please, the upgrade only finished at 3:50am this morning.

Could you answer the simple question of just how to access the "Find Content" feature that's being referred to above? I'm not seeing/finding it.

As I mentioned above, when I mouse over my profile name in Firefox, nothing pops up. And when I click my profile name, there's no Find Content link there.

TG,

Be sure to hover you mouse over your "avatar" and not your name.  I don't have Firefox loaded but when using Chrome, IE, or Edge and I hover the mouse over my avatar the popup window appears....I just did that test with all three browsers.

Edit:  And I just hovered my mouse over your avatar or name in your post above and the popup window with Find Content appears...I click it and your content appears.   But where you are use to going in the upper right hand corner of your screen, but sure to hover over your avatar to get the pop up box.

Edited by Pib

Thanks Pib... that worked. Hovering the avatar works. Hovering your Profile name doesn't.

Wish that had been made clear above... Upnotover's prior post mentioned "name", not avatar.

It seems VERY unintuitive to me to have one rollover menu for one's avatar and an entirely different click-down menu for one's profile name.

And why HIDE the Find Content link under a rollover menu for someone's avatar? The old, plainly visible "My Content" link wasn't good enough??? :whistling:

BTW, I see that Find Content link actually just brings you to the same "All Activity" screen I mentioned earlier that's accessible from one's Profile page after clicking My Activity in the upper right corner of that screen.

Its clear that the Find Content page surfaces the posts a member has made, and the threads they've started. It's NOT clear to me that it also finds threads that one may have chosen to follow, but not posted in.

Also, AFAICT, that view, unlike the former version, doesn't appear to show you if someone else has come along after and posted in the same thread as your post

SoiBiker seems to have provided the answer in response to the same question I posed in a different/related thread.

The functionality is there (kind of), but it's buried down 3-4 links from the main page. You have to go hunting for it. Not at all easily apparent.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/935309-new-tv-format/?do=findComment&comment=11012086

1 hour ago, merijn said:

OK i get the pop up screen when o hover my mouse over my avatar.

But their is not button to go to my history content.

I only have content count and Currently (viewed) content.

There should be a gray strip section underneath the two items you mentioned above, with two links in it.

One for Messages, and the other titled "Find Content" with a little magnifying glass icon. It's that latter one that brings up a kind of list of your prior content.

Things are slowly working better - finally located the equivalent (almost) of the old My Content from the older of one's Profile:

On the Blue bar below your name, see the:

More, to the right of Browse on the blue Bar, then see the Yellow 'Activity to the left side of the page...

keep up the good work, it's getting there... it's like a new Mandela Effect had just happened.

Not having the old New Content, being replaced by Unread Content is taking le'Tif - some getting used to

I must be thirsty old horse :beatdeadhorse:

this will give the Mouse plenty of exercise...

Edited by tifino

7 hours ago, Upnotover said:

If you place your mouse over your name a box pops up after a few seconds, the "Find Content" link is there.

just clicking the Manage Followed Content, in your above screenshot, is now doing me fine thanks

...and just realised why I saw a More  Browse  More, and the Activity to the left of the screen - my webpage was Zoomed in too close. 

Now it shows the correct:     More  Browse  Activity

this old horse needs a drink

Another qwirk to overcome:  is that when I use the Manage Followed Content method, one doesn't get the option to pre-navigate to a selected page within the targeted thread

- I will now always be directed to the 1st page of the Thread ( and, then navigate to...)  

... But then, that's a good idea, because it means every contributor gets to read-again the OP's Post on Page1,

and so easier to keep on track with the Thread's original intent, and not tangent away.....

Edited by tifino
some clarification given

You can make a shortcut to your content:

Hover the mouse over your avatar at the top of the page

Right click on "Find content"

Copy the link location

Mine is: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/profile/35489-jetsetbkk/content/

Here's a bug: The posts listed in "My Content" have no line breaks or paragraphing in them. :(

Edited by JetsetBkk