Weekend Trip To Hua Hin

Old Man River

Try the famous "Chicken Restaurant" one lunchtime, it is very popular.

Get to the Railway Station and follow the road adjacent the track travelling south (track on your right). The restaurant is approx 400m on the left, look for a red sign over a small door and cars parking on the right.

Am I correct that the restaurant would be on the other side of the tracks from the golf course?

Thanks.

That's right, just a bit further along, next to a restaurant called Kim's Kitchen. Another good place to eat is "La Mer" halfway up Khao Takiab. Good Thai food & seafood & a fantastic view of HH bay. You could take in a visit to Wat Khao Takiab to see the monkeys, but if you feed them, be careful, the bigger ones can be scary for a child.

Other activities: go-karting opposite the airport, elephant trekking (Elephant Village nr Wat Etisukato is good), paintball, ATV driving, fishing, day/evening cruises... loads of things to keep you occupied. Have fun! :o

On Thursday, the wife, 9 year old and I will be taking a short vacation to Hua Hin. We have a car and a place to stay. What sights should we see etc.? Also, please suggest good places to eat as well (seafood etc).

Thanks in advance.

OMR

Marukatayawan Palace is worth seeing. It's approx. 15 kms north of Hua Hin town.

My favourite restaurant is Let's Sea. Good food, good ambiance. Especially nice for sundowners. It's just pass the Hyatt Regency on the way to Khao Takiab.