Look at the "Train Wrecks" in Your own Countries

joeyg

Before criticizing Thailand it's highly recommended to take a look at the economic social and political disasters that are occurring in both the United States and other developed European nations and everywhere else and maybe those going on in countries described as third world.

If you think Thailand has got it that bad you really don't get out much and can't see past the end of your nose when you do.

Edited by joeyg

2 minutes ago, kaorop said:

Yes lets work thru every other countries issues before we talk about Thailand on a THAI centric forum

You first

:rolleyes:

Keep it simple.  Just start with your own.  I'm guessing Brit or Aussies.  Go right ahead.

16 minutes ago, kaorop said:

One way to get you post count up:thumbsup:

or

maybe i've just been click baited:blink:

usually come from "set up" members with a few hundred posts:w00t:

Just answer the question.

Some don't even recognize train wrecks in their home country, because they are used to it. Some are so patriotic that they would rather bite of their tongue before admitting their home country has just about the same stupid stuff as other countries have.

Train wrecks only seem to go together with all others, not us.

There are no prerequisites to criticising Thailand. For example, I think it's a dumb idea to foist a compulsory SIM card on foreigners so you can track them.

Sorry to piss on your chips old boy. This thread is a waste of time.

9 minutes ago, Chicog said:

There are no prerequisites to criticising Thailand. For example, I think it's a dumb idea to foist a compulsory SIM card on foreigners so you can track them.

You are not keeping up with the news. The Thai government have come up with a much cheaper and more efficient way of keeping track of Farlangs in Thailand:

Farang detect.jpg

2 hours ago, joeyg said:

Just answer the question.

There is no question to answer.

But I will ask you one, Why are you on a Thai based forum if you want to talk about problems in the USA ?.

Do you go to American forums to talk about problems in Thailand ?.

Oooo that's two questions.

One thing that Thailand does that I think is commendable is that when there is an election and if less than a required percentage of voters show up the election is voided.  The potential for fraud aside, I like this.

In Brazil all are required to vote.  I'm not sure what the consequences are, but I've met enough Brazilians who take the requirement seriously.

These two compliments aside, I have no other positive statements for the political system of either of them.

The USA, on the other hand, has the best political system in the world, absolutely the best.  All the time I hear people saying the system there is so good they wish their country was as good.  So good. Etc...

(um, I better clarify that the last paragraph is sarcasm)

Thailand does keep illegal immigration in check and rounds them up and just chucks them out, no appeals or human rights nonsense. UK has about one million illegals according the the bloke who ran the Border 'control' agency, what a joke. In the UK a Romanian gypsy can turn up legally, claim jobseekers for two weeks, go back home to collect wife and 5 kids then demand a council house, which he gets with rent paid, then gets child benefit for the 5 kids. Can you imagine Thailand being that stupid? And people wonder why we voted to leave the EU :rolleyes:

Edited by thai3

9 hours ago, Rob13 said:

What question?

Examine   the economic social and political disasters that are occurring in your own country before  bashing Thailand.  I know you guys are a bunch of "cuties" though that just like to be contrary and will never give a straight forward answer.  I don't know if its alcohol or drugs or just severe personality disorders.  I regret practically every time time I interact here unless it's with ubonjoe getting some valuable visa info.  It's a shame really that it's like this.

8 hours ago, Chicog said:

Your statement is a waste of time.  It's an open forum Einstein.  Get your head out of the bottle.  You are tracked by your mobile phone and credit/debit card at every step.

40 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Thailand does keep illegal immigration in check and rounds them up and just chucks them out, no appeals or human rights nonsense. UK has about one million illegals according the the bloke who ran the Border 'control' agency, what a joke. In the UK a Romanian gypsy can turn up legally, claim jobseekers for two weeks, go back home to collect wife and 5 kids then demand a council house, which he gets with rent paid, then gets child benefit for the 5 kids. Can you imagine Thailand being that stupid? And people wonder why we voted to leave the EU :rolleyes:

Thank you.  I guess all I'm asking is these "rocket scientists/key board warriors" clean up there own mess before trying to fix Thailand's.

9 hours ago, Minnie the Minx said:

From Australia, apart from owing them fines for not voting I don't really care.

They've been chasing me for sixteen years too with interests.

Ah the life of a fugitive.  I hope you don't have children.

6 hours ago, berybert said:

There is no question to answer.

But I will ask you one, Why are you on a Thai based forum if you want to talk about problems in the USA ?.

Do you go to American forums to talk about problems in Thailand ?.

Oooo that's two questions.

Again, for another trouble maker.  Examine   the economic social and political disasters that are occurring in your own country before  bashing Thailand.  I know you guys are a bunch of "cuties" though that just like to be contrary and will never give a straight forward answer.  I don't know if its alcohol or drugs or just severe personality disorders.  I regret practically every time time I interact here unless it's with ubonjoe getting some valuable visa info.  It's a shame really that it's like this.

10 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Again, for another trouble maker.  Examine   the economic social and political disasters that are occurring in your own country before  bashing Thailand.  I know you guys are a bunch of "cuties" though that just like to be contrary and will never give a straight forward answer.  I don't know if its alcohol or drugs or just severe personality disorders.  I regret practically every time time I interact here unless it's with ubonjoe getting some valuable visa info.  It's a shame really that it's like this.

Its quite simple a lot of the guys on this forum never amounted to much in life and to feel good they have to put the locals down.  I mean if your a retired postal worker for instance your quite low on the scale of accomplishments now one way to feel better is to put the locals down. its a tried and tested method.

Also generalizing is something they love to do, one Thais is bad and its a Thai trait, now quite a few times farang pedo's are caught here in Thailand and we never call that a farang trait. Just shows to what lengths people go here to put the Thais down. 

Personally i find it better to just be happy with my life without having to look down on people to feel better. 

I mean if this country was so bad why the heck are they still here.. probably because they could not get laid in their own country.  

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its quite simple a lot of the guys on this forum never amounted to much in life and to feel good they have to put the locals down.  I mean if your a retired postal worker for instance your quite low on the scale of accomplishments now one way to feel better is to put the locals down. its a tried and tested method.

Also generalizing is something they love to do, one Thais is bad and its a Thai trait, now quite a few times farang pedo's are caught here in Thailand and we never call that a farang trait. Just shows to what lengths people go here to put the Thais down. 

Personally i find it better to just be happy with my life without having to look down on people to feel better. 

I mean if this country was so bad why the heck are they still here.. probably because they could not get laid in their own country.  

Thanks for the "shot in the arm."  I never thought of it that way but it makes a lot of sense.  I guess my real concern should be  why I let it bother me when these guys do this crap over and over and over again.  Should know that that is the accpted standard here.    Still a damn shame on the state of things here.  Really appreciate your reality check...

Edited by joeyg

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Good post.

Concise and to the point.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of things to complain about, but the same applies to my own country. I used to post on a Dutch forum and there were loads of complaints too however we did not put our-self down. In reality its always easy to complain and shoot things down instead of coming up with a valid solution.

Thais themselves also complain about how thing are here , they are not blind to the problems of this country. I have often raised the garbage problem with Thais, and they also don't like it. But its not like they can solve it themselves. The governments just don't want to put too many trashcans out (before it was about bombs) and now its just cheaper not to have them out there. Saves on their budget and they can spend it different (or steal from the budget). 

Fact is complaining is normal, but there is no need to put all the Thais down for it. 

10 hours ago, joeyg said:

Keep it simple.  Just start with your own.  I'm guessing Brit or Aussies.  Go right ahead.

OK great health service, good  roads, most things work, corruption at a minimum, safest roads almost in the world, ermmmmmmm just off the top of my head "Brit"  and when I was young free university places, thats gone now but hey............I got it.

3 minutes ago, kannot said:

OK great health service, good  roads, most things work, corruption at a minimum, safest roads almost in the world, ermmmmmmm just off the top of my head "Brit"  and when I was young free university places, thats gone now but hey............I got it.

Riiiiiiight... http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/england-alone-soon-enough

5 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Ive  just come back from a 6  week trip to the UK and found no problem with all those  things I mentioned. All those things that make it a safe place to live unlike "deathtrap" Thailand.

My Dad had prostate cancer and the healthcare was nothing short of "fantastic" no doctors on the make no over prescribing drugs or unnecessary treatment.

Where did you get your doctors cert? America?

Now you want to see "run down" and tired try Naples Italy, just back from there also  and it  was  crummy but then South Italy has been like that a long time, Milan is a different kettle of fish.

Thats "one" article with its own bias and to put Thailand in even the same league as the UK as a "spent force" is ridiculous  in my opinion, anyone born in the UK of my age 50 odd should thank that country for the  fantastic education/healthcare it  offers and still offers.........let me guess, any kids you might have will be educated in Thailand? ( actually  I know your fairly old, no disrespect meant in that comment)

Edited by kannot
because I can

23 minutes ago, kannot said:

Ive  just come back from a 6  week trip to the UK and found no problem with all those  things I mentioned. All those things that make it a safe place to live unlike "deathtrap" Thailand.

My Dad had prostate cancer and the healthcare was nothing short of "fantastic" no doctors on the make no over prescribing drugs or unnecessary treatment.

Where did you get your doctors cert? America?

Now you want to see "run down" and tired try Naples Italy, just back from there also  and it  was  crummy but then South Italy has been like that a long time, Milan is a different kettle of fish.

Thats "one" article with its own bias and to put Thailand in even the same league as the UK as a "spent force" is ridiculous  in my opinion, anyone born in the UK of my age 50 odd should thank that country for the  fantastic education/healthcare it  offers and still offers.........let me guess, any kids you might have will be educated in Thailand? ( actually  I know your fairly old, no disrespect meant in that comment)

LOL!!! Old but still sparring.  Thanks for the laugh!!! 

Edited by joeyg
more content