GPX Legend 200? Advice.

Trying to nail down a bike to buy as daily commuter in Bangkok but I'm kind of a sucker for style... New Vespa is nice but not a fan of automatics, checked out LML Star 4-strokes (Vintage Vespa "knock off") but price seems a bit high for what you get,  Royal Enfield (price/size) too much bike for a starter,  looked at Stallions Centaur but seems small for a 6" 200lb+ farang. Noticed a GPX Legend 200cc cruise by me today and it look sharp, anyone know anymore about these bikes? My primary questions are:

• Price?
  • Reputation? 
  • Size (bigger than Stallion 150?)
  • Where can I buy one in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance

-Sam

Actually the LML or Lohia Machinery Ltd scooters are not knock offs, LML has a long history with Piaggio and made scooters for them as equal partners in the ‘90s, the love and joint venture ended in 1999. LML continued to make the Star and other classic models it has the rights to manufacture.

LML is actual a important manufacturer of spare parts of the Thai and Asian old model Piaggio’s still riding around…

For the GPX Legend 200, I’m trying to get my hand on one, but until that I cannot say much about it. I know GPX as a company as I had a GPX ZF250 which was mental and still miss… With the emails I get I know that a lot of people are still trying to buy a GPX ZF250 as it was an amazing machine that was really in a sweet spot of price and performance.

Is the GPX Legend 200 a motorcycle like the ZF250, I could not tell… But I can tell that people at GPX are serious about what they sell… They have standards assembling the bikes that which are at the same level as the larger brands…

Thanks for the tips Richard. I used to own a LML 150cc 2T (marketed under "Stella" in USA) you are right its not a "knock off," maybe that term is a bit harsh, they are nice metal body bikes modeled after 1980's PX but for 112K baht I think its a bit steep, thats the same price I paid for one in the states. 

I saw GPX has a dozen dealerships listed in BKK, I'll have to go check them out.

• 6 months later...

In the small village where I live there are quite a few gpx legends 200 cc, great looking bikes and when I saw a dealer outside big C in Sakorn Nakorn I wanted to know all about them. They are dirt cheap, a little more than 50.000 thb, so I got my wife to search Thai websites and forums for this bike. It turns out that the bike is much more popular by the Thai than the Stallion, mainly because of the availability of spare parts. Parts of known bikes as Yamaha the Phantom and CBR can be used, and any descent mechanic knows what to use. The only big complaint of the Thai is the speedo meter that tends to hang. Service seems to be all right, so I might be going for one soon.

There are websites and Facebook forums with tips and Q and A when you have problems

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...