In what year do you hit old age?

ThaiPauly

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are old when you don't feel that good anymore. When I was 35 I felt older than now when I am 40. 

I used to think 60 is old but I had some 60 to 65 years old people attending seminar of mine and those people are crazier and younger at heart that 35 year old.

I would definitely say that 60 is not old yet. 

Well I am in my mid 70s and have not hit old age yet. Still work, travel, walk 2 hours a day  and enjoy life with a much younger wife. However if God had meant us to live this long why didn't he/she give us better teeth, eyes, backs and bladders??

4 minutes ago, bra said:

Well I am in my mid 70s and have not hit old age yet. Still work, travel, walk 2 hours a day  and enjoy life with a much younger wife. However if God had meant us to live this long why didn't he/she give us better teeth, eyes, backs and bladders??

God never meant anything.

Just a concept hijacked by loonatics, perverts, liars and psychopaths.

Getting old does not relate to numbers, but how you live.

I feel the same at 64 as I did at 34.

Can drink more than I did at 34, sleep a lot less than I did at 34 and can party just as hard to the early hours.

Age is just mind over matter; if you don't mind then it don't matter.

when you go to bed at 19:30 and wake up at 08:00, only to be awake 6 hours in-between ----- manfredtillmann

Regular naps prevent old age...,,, especially if you take them whilst driving. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,:coffee1:

Edited by oxo1947

Funny you should ask that question....

I turned 66 last October, didn't think much about it. Then, out of the blue (or maybe not) last April (66 and1/2) I began to think a lot about "I'm getting old".

It may have been triggered during a light conversation I was having with a friend about just over a year ago. I was 65 and he was 63. I said to him that I suppose the average age for a man to live to is 76 ish or 80 ish. He asked me do I know then how many days I have left if it was 75? A quick calculation in my head told me it was 3,650. Before I answered him though I thought to myself ..Jeeez, that can't be right, too short.....so I answered him...36,500. You're wrong he said....it's 3,650.

We don't see much of each other anymore but he used to give me the odd phone call (and me him) or an sms asking..."How many is it now?

When I was a kid ,people of 60,70 were thought of ancient old farts,

and I never thought I would ever be like that,but here I am 71 years

old but dont feel old,or look it,maybe because I dont smoke or drink,

and with people living longer ,with better lifestyles,60 or even 70

does not seem old,but it is also down to your own outlook on life.

regards worgeordie

I think for most people in Australia it's about 50. After that they are just taking up space waiting to die. I am 78 and have recently entered adulthood from adolescence. That's why I moved to Thailand, as my countrymen were so conservative and boring.

1 hour ago, bark said:

Your old when that 23 year girl at Nana/Cowboy, turns down you and your 2,000 baht.

Possibly your right bark-----he worst thing about being in old  is that I can't get teenaged girls to sleep with me---

-----------------It's just like being a teenager again. .........................:coffee1:

I sometimes think it was when I turned 12.

But then, I'm *really* old now and I'never had it so good. Or perhaps I've just learned to take pleasure in what's here today, rather than keep chasing what the advertisers say I should want to be here tomorrow.

A lot to be said for a simple life and simple pleasures. I shared a joke with my wife this morning. That kind of simple pleasure. Life is good.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Manfredmann is on the money.

Reckon 70 could be considered old. Certainly not 60s, where folk can still run well. The caveat being, it all depends on one's physics and mindset.

Important things to remember:

• Keep moving, lest the capillaries start to dry up and exacerbate the aging process
  • Stay in the now as much as possible -- anxiety, worry and depression are products of past and future musings
  • Always have a goal no matter how trivial -- the brain is a machine and without one gets up to no good
  • Never dwell on age -- as soon as you think you're old, you're screwed! 

I turned 67 in February.  For my birthday I bought myself a new Honda CB300f.  This is 2 years after a stroke that left me paralysed from the waist down for over a year.  In the past 6 months I've had some great rides on it from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai, Kalasin, Loei, and a few other places.  Granted, I don't ride at 155-160 like I did on my CBR250, but 140-150 is still fun in the right places.

Do I feel old?  Yeah, sometimes, if I bother to think about it. 

Edited by Just1Voice

I am SO CONVINCED that the mental attitude/state is 99% of the "old age" equation.  

I had a couple of friends in high school who were already in their OLD AGE, detectible by their outlook on others, perception of themselves, refusal to embrace change, closed minds like steel traps, no humor, and cold as icicles.  

For fear of contamination, I tried to keep them "distant" friends.  

On the other hand, a couple of years ago, I met a 102-year-old new friend at a rest home back in my home country.  It was his birthday, and with his daughter, I went to cheer him up.  Instead, I MYSELF was the one cheered up by his bright humor, positive attitude and warmth.  He viewed all the infirmities of his body with acceptance and grace.  From his insightful and curious questions, he ended up knowing much more about me that I learned of him in our hour-long visit. 

Now THERE'S the type of "young" friend I always want to keep close, for hope of 'contamination.'