Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Bangkok named Asia's best destination

webfact

Bangkok named Asia's best destination

bkk.jpg

BANGKOK, 25 August 2016, (NNT) - Readers of the independent online travel magazine SmartTravelAsia.com have voted Bangkok the number one holiday destination in Asia. 

The survey resulted in Bangkok being voted Asia's best destination while Samui and Phuket were among the top ten holiday destinations in Asia. 

Other places that made it onto the list include Dubai, Bhutan, Bali, and Tokyo. Thailand's capital Bangkok also topped SmartTravelAsia's rankings in 2015. This year Samui was ranked 8th while Phuket was placed at number 3. 

The online magazine also found that Bangkok was 3rd most popular city in Asia in terms of doing business. 

The annual survey was carried out by SmartTravelAsia.com to gauge travelers’ interests in various destinations. Voting is based on their experiences and perception of well-traveled individuals who make at least 12 air trips a year and the survey is usually open from May to July. 

According to the poll, most travelers were influenced by the visibility of a brand or destination, as well as their own personal experiences and feedback from peers and other travelers on social media. SmartTravelAsia.com is one of the biggest online travel magazines with over 1.2 million readers worldwide.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-25

it is the best, when you consider cost, safety, cost, and nice amenities ..'the touresty stuff like national parks and culture-that is personal preference; but just all around enjoyable city for that price?  if not what would your pik be?

Edited by pkspeaker

I live in Bangkok and still haven't figured out what people come here to see.

It's a great stepping off point to land in Asia, get a meal, some giggles and a nights' rest- then head off to your holiday destination.

But as a destination in itself?  No thanks.

I totally agree with the survey result. Bangkok is my home and I love living here. It's the people who make a place special, and Bangkok is full of special people (Thai people, that is!). 

No other place I'd rather be............:wai:

6 hours ago, ebonykap said:

I totally agree with the survey result. Bangkok is my home and I love living here. It's the people who make a place special, and Bangkok is full of special people (Thai people, that is!). 

A PERFECT example of an "invested" expat.  The rose tints come free with the investment.  :wai2:

One hardly expects an objective opinion from someone who has pulled up roots in his home country and expended the time, effort and money to put them down here.

10 hours ago, ebonykap said:

I feel the same way for a visit, although I rather live somewhere in Thailand near a nice beach.

20 hours ago, impulse said:

I live in Bangkok and still haven't figured out what people come here to see.

It's a great stepping off point to land in Asia, get a meal, some giggles and a nights' rest- then head off to your holiday destination.

But as a destination in itself?  No thanks.

why there are all the wats, nice and varied markets and reasonably priced entertainment facilities.

Edited by sahibji