Where's the beef?

ThaiBob

I enjoy Carl's Jr. hamburgers. Last Sunday I was there for my Superstar and was greeted by my regular cashier who knows my order, "Sorry sir, no hamburger". I was livid, "No hamburger, isn't this a hamburger joint?" "You can order chicken burger" she replied. No thanks, pissed I did an about face and left. This Sunday, today , same story. I demanded to see the manager. No hamburger, doesn't know when he will have hamburger and he said it's the same story for the Bangkok locations. If this was Carl's in California heads would roll. How can a hamburger joint not have ground beef?, especially when ground beef is sold everywhere in Pattaya, even at the Tops in the basement. Excuse the rant, another T.I.T. story but I shouldn't be surprised, Thailand the Land of Inept management. Apparently they are discounting the chicken burgers by 50%,big deal. Wanting a burger I went to Burger King. 

seriously if i was you, i would move to Vietnam. It might happen once, i can understand they are out of stock. But everyday! NO WAY!  

Next month, they will run out of your favorite beer, then next it will be no more menthol cigarette.... 

better to leave!

Edited by Bender

And the new shipment of beef is less than stellar in quality.  Me and a friend both experienced stomach queasiness after 

eating there on Wednesday.  A few questions are raised by this beef outage.  Is the new shipment from the usual 

supplier or did they have to scramble and get something of lesser quality?

Don't think there's a shortage of beef. I had a very tasty beef skewer at W District here in Bangkok 3 nights ago on Friday night and very nice roast beef at a bar in Phra Khanong district last night. One can only conclude Carl's totally screwed up. I've heard US friends compliment this US chain but the Thai outlets must really be bad. 

30 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Don't think there's a shortage of beef. I had a very tasty beef skewer at W District here in Bangkok 3 nights ago on Friday night and very nice roast beef at a bar in Phra Khanong district last night. One can only conclude Carl's totally screwed up. I've heard US friends compliment this US chain but the Thai outlets must really be bad. 

are you sure it was beef? 

There is no beef shortage the problem is Carl's supply chain is broken for whatever reason. This has happened before and not that long ago. Management has had plenty of time to fix the problem. Angus beef patties (what Carl's claims to use) are readily in Thailand.

22 hours ago, Bender said:

seriously if i was you, i would move to Vietnam. It might happen once, i can understand they are out of stock. But everyday! NO WAY!  

Next month, they will run out of your favorite beer, then next it will be no more menthol cigarette.... 

better to leave!

What? For a burger?

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 9:31 PM, champers said:

Go to Hippo on Floor 6, ThaiBob. Better burgers than you'll ever get in Carls, BK or Maccy Ds. Pricey but value for money. Treat yourself.

Havana's pricey but good also.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

OMG no beef burgers, what a tragedy!! Almost as bad as when someone else started a thread about no Chocolate ice cream at Swensens lol. Someone please call up the General and bring in military intervention asap lol.

This is serious stuff about beef,   if the day comes when no beef curtains

are available in Pattaya ,   im on the first available  flight out. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

In Vietnam don't they eat dogs?

They do eat dog in Thailand  , its not common

but does go on,   forget name of the market i went to about 18 years ago

some place up country,   dog parts  ready to go. 

BTW   i like dogs,    but not to eat.

i also bit a dog back once many years ago.

freaked a few people out,    The dog screamed like hell !!!!!!

crazy days  :thumbsup: