Looking for Cheese Powder and SourCream Powder for French Fries

nix

Hi,

So I have been desperately looking for a Cheese Powder and Sour&Cream Powder where we can put in French Fries?

My friend bought me a local one,  however the taste is not quite good, a bit sweet.

Tried looking in Foodland and Tops but no luck finding a decent cheese and sour&cream powder for french fries.

Any help?

Cheers?

A Dehydrated Blend of Cheese (granular and blue (pasteurized milk, cheese culture,salt,enzymes)),Whey,Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil,Whey Protein Concentrate, Lactose, Maltodextrin, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

Apparently it does actually contain cheese :)

How about grating some nice mature cheddar over your chips?

44 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Apparently it does actually contain cheese :)

How about grating some nice mature cheddar over your chips?

That would be expensive and wont taste as good as the powdered one.. tough it is healthier..

I really want to powdered flavor for cheese and sour&cream..

Anyone from here got any idea where to buy one of these?

I think I remember seeing that stuff in the new(ish) catering building at Friendship in Pattaya. They have a lot of big packets of things that caterers might use and that consumers would probably rather not know about.

I have no idea where it is made or what it tastes like though, and I suspect that it is disgusting.

Also Makro might have it though I have never looked or noticed.

Edited by KittenKong

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I think I remember seeing that stuff in the new(ish) catering building at Friendship in Pattaya. They have a lot of big packets of things that caterers might use and that consumers would probably rather not know about.

I have no idea where it is made or what it tastes like though, and I suspect that it is disgusting.

Also Makro might have it though I have never looked or noticed.

In Pattaya? I am staying in Bangkok. I might try to go to different Makro or Villa Market.

About the taste , I am hoping to find a similar taste of what Potato Corner is using (French Fries Shop in Central World),

2 hours ago, nix said:

About the taste , I am hoping to find a similar taste of what Potato Corner is using (French Fries Shop in Central World),

Why don't you ask them what they're using, I'll bet it's locally available?

If the artificial product is actually cheaper than making it yourself then it will be yuck.

Anyway as mentioned, anyone that puts anything else than salt and vinegar (possibly ketchup) on his chips is a culinary pervert. (joke).

Have you tried parmesan cheese? Available at Tops, some Big C, Rim Ping.....Probably Villa....

And - Lawry's Seasoned Salt woulb be a good add.....There's a recipe on line to duplicate it if you can't find......

Edited by pgrahmm

On 01/09/2016 at 2:24 PM, nix said:

In Pattaya? I am staying in Bangkok. I might try to go to different Makro or Villa Market.

There's not much I can do about where you are (and which you didnt mention in your original request), but where I am I think that the Friendship catering building has something like the product you are looking for. To me it definitely sounds like the sort of product that caterers might use. I dont know what exists in Bangkok in the way of catering suppliers, but something must. So I would check that out.

If all else fails the bus to Pattaya is 250B return.

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

plenty of places by the looks if it.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Currywurst+bangkok

I haven't been there in years and I had forgotten all about it.

Does anybody know if they still do off sales, (not take away). They used to have sales cabinets that you could buy and take home to cook.

On 9/1/2016 at 4:55 PM, Crossy said:

Why don't you ask them what they're using, I'll bet it's locally available?

I'd go one step further. Ask if you can buy a small quantity from them. Worst thing that can happen is ... NO.

But then, I'm a cheeky bugger.