What has Happened to Lazada ?

DavoTheGun

On 9/8/2016 at 2:47 PM, how241 said:

+1 ... Use  COD

Seems as if since yesterday COD is not accepted anymore by the system.

Tried to order 2 items from different sellers yesterday, both eligible for COD, but when you get to the check out it say COD is not available for this shipping method.

Have had 4 emails and a telephone call with Lazada already, but they have no idea how to solve, since at their side it gives the same result.

From their response I get the feeling that they want to cancel the COD option.

I for one have so far ordered 2 items from Lazada and will NEVER order again.

First was a wireless keyboard and mouse brand Genius about 2 months ago, fulfilled by Lazada themselves, and the item has ended up in the dustbin already.

I opened it too late so the 7 day return had expired already. Keys on the keyboard look as if the have been used for years already, since you need a bright light on it to see the letters on the keys.

USB dongle corrupts the windows USB drivers constantly, so every few hours you have to go through the hassle of reinstalling you USB drivers in Windows.

I suspect the item is counterfeit.

The other week I ordered a Asus modem, which is not compatible with D-Link switches, but seems to work with TP-link switch.

So yesterday I wanted to order a TP-link switch to avoid having to return the modem, but can't check out COD.

So the modem will be returned for a refund tomorrow, and that will be the last I've ever been involved with this crap company

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, adhd said:

who buys things like fans or washing machines while you can go to your local tesco / big c  / homepro & at least test some things (yeah, not the washing machine)

I do bought a TV from lazada.. and would buy a washing machine too. More choice for sure. Testing things.. you don't test things at all you look at the demonstration model and get an other model from them. How is that testing ?

I am a happy lazada user (im sure something will go wrong eventually.. but so what everyone makes mistakes)

Well I am still waiting to here from Lazada, re my 12,000 Baht, have sent 3 Emails no reply, they have basically "Stolen My Money" and I do not know what to do about it, thought I might get some help from TV. but nothing happening their, I get they do not want to "Rock The Boat" the advertise on TV, but Lazada are in the wrong and the Mods are Silent! No Balls! all I want is a contact who speaks English, not the Help Desk. tried them already many times.

On 9-9-2016 at 11:51 AM, impulse said:

How about someone who values his time more than a few baht, or the remote risk of not getting something I've paid for?  

I can keep my schedule on edge for days at a time while I'm waiting for them to show up needing a few baht, or a few hundred baht.  Or I can pay in advance and go out and enjoy my time and let my receptionist sign for my goodies.   Or, I can let my receptionist (and consequently everyone else in the office) know what I'm purchasing when I leave the money with her.  That was stupidity.

You never know what extra costs will come, even when all is paid for in advance.

I just received a package from Banggood, value was 100 baht but i had to pay the mailman 11 baht for whatever reason that i couldn't understand.

• 2 months later...

Just ordered from LAZADA.

Found out after ordering that 1 item was shipped from Thailand which received within a few days but the other items are from over seas.

Expected delivery date in almost one month.

I wish it would be easier to see that the items are coming from over seas so i can skip them.

Waiting 1 month is ridiculous.

I have had good and bad, just ordered a wine aerater that had to come from overseas, low and behold we got a delivery yesterday, they actually sent me a car door carry bag instead. To top it off, instead of lazada simply telling the "shop" to send the item I paid for they said they will send a gift certificate for the same amount and that we will have to re order it again when the certificate arrives,  service is becoming extremely pathetic.

25 minutes ago, merijn said:

Found out after ordering that 1 item was shipped from Thailand which received within a few days but the other items are from over seas.

I wish it would be easier to see that the items are coming from over seas so i can skip them.

A lot now also is indeed from China which makes searching harder, since I prefer Thai shops for COD (Cash On Delivery), not possible with aboard shops.

Don't worry it will be a lot less then a month usually 7-10 days is my experience for abroad items. The month that Lazada says is just to avoid non-delivery email-support questions, since they have no hand in the delivery.

You can see if the item is from abroad if it says on the right side COD not possible.

I had a problem with a none working PC, lost count of how many emails going back & to Lazada.

A month passed and still no solution to the problem, so I googled CEO Lazada, and sent him an email.

Got a reply from his assistant 2 hours later, problem solved money back in my account 2 days later.

Did the same thing with Hotpoint, go to the top man.

17 hours ago, merijn said:

You can also sort by delivery date.

On 9/8/2016 at 7:31 AM, ezzra said:

Lazada is another Thai brain run outfit, where you order something and you're not allowed

to open the box, look at the item or god forbid test it before you accept delivery, like buying a cat in a bag,

so for me, as cheap as they're, they're not consumer's conscious company, as they're

there to cover their assess only.......

The founders and senior management are Italian. 

42 minutes ago, Trembly said:

My apologies, I stand corrected on the founders. The senior management are definitely Italian though. 

I doubt this as it has been sold to alibaba by Rocket internet which is 100% a German company. One more reason not to order from them any longer, and if u have no other choice, only use the "cash on delivery" option

Edited by siam2007

5 hours ago, siam2007 said:

I doubt this as it has been sold to alibaba by Rocket internet which is 100% a German company. One more reason not to order from them any longer, and if u have no other choice, only use the "cash on delivery" option

My source is one of the execs who worked on the hand-over to Alibaba. 

• 1 month later...

Also used Lazada for a couple of years , had one or two problems with purchases , scratched , stained etc. I sent them an e-mail asking why the product is not checked before being sent out . They did not answer my particular question , just offered a 200 baht voucher on my next purchase.

I took them up on the offer , but my next purchase got lost somewhere , I asked them for help , I received the standard bullshit e-mail , and they said they had been in touch with the courier and my item would be delivered that day , I waited in all day , it was a Friday , nothing came  , I asked again for clarification , standard apology , will be delivered next day , waited in all day Saturday , nothing . Sent another e-mail , replied with bullshit apology again , cannot deliver till Monday.

That was and will be the last time I use Lazada.