My first bad experience in Thailand and it was a falang that initiated it.

Smudge

I was on my usual trip back to Jomtien tonight on the baht bus, I generally don't sit down and hang off the back.  Just plus of the Pratumnak junction I said somthing that triggered an English guy and generally I don't converse with pasengers so it was unusual from the start.  Admittedly I was a lil drunk but it was incredibly sudden.  Some guy (English going by accent) immediately stood up and lashed out at me, striking me square on the mouth, my lip was immediately burst and the impact threw me off the back of the baht bus.

Now, I'm not pissed off that someone hit me, that does not bother me, what bothered me was that he did it on a moving vehicle knowing I was on the back end with no way to block or defend the incoming attack, if he was any kind of guy he would have argued and conversed with me on anything I said.

Needless to say, I was very lucky there were no vehicles behind and the motor bikes took evasive action as I tumbled on the road.

Currently nursing my wounds at home, I just hope the prick is happy with what he achieved and if he does monitor these forums, PM me and talk about your issues like a man.

No need to throw fists for no reason...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't remember, but I know I've said far worse in my time here, it was a nonchalant statement not directed at anyone and certainly not directed at the person in question.

I won't say I'm am angel, I say things that upset people and have done on many occasions but this caught me completely off guard... ie. hanging off the back of a baht bus.

You don't know what you said.. you were drunk... so it could have very well been taken out of context by the boxing man

Englishmen are mostly noble gentlemen types and would not attack someone for no reason. If you had said it was a Russian i could have believed you.. A high percentage of Russian men are dregs, drunks and degenerates and nothing would surprise me with them. 

It was baht bus comment, many people say things on the baht bus, really didnt matter what I said, even If I mentioned his mother the reaction was waaaaay over the top, I am now nursing multiple wounds from coming off the back of a moving baht bus and lucky to be alive because some idiot overreacted!

Alchohol and angry or frustrated people are an every day occurance in Pattaya.

What could be a normal comment to a sober person may be interpreted by another person who has been drinking as a personal insult to that person .

The real cause is Alchohol, and the lack of control it causes.

One party lakes an innocent remark and another party who has been drinking takes what would othjerwise be a hatmless remark as an insult to him or her.

Happens all the time.

Some years ago whrn I was younger I was accidentaly bumped by a Thai when walking on Soi Cowboy.

He put me down with a swift kick to my chest.

I remember he had good cause, as it was an accidental bump in the crowded street and I swore at him using an unwise choice of words about him and sexual relations with his mother.

Unfortunately, he apparenrly  had Thai boxing training.

i admit I had been drinking and my remark to him was a stupid thing to say for what was just an accidental bunp on a crowded street.

The real cause was the Alchohol I had been drinking, and my stupid remark.

You live and learn I guess.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

There are 'good' drunks and 'bad' drunks.

It sounds like you got unlucky, however experience has taught me that any drunk is potentially volatile, regardless of their nationality or disposition when sober, and keeping your gob shut, avoiding eye contact, and  if you can't avoid proximity to them, is always a wise move. Still his behaviour is inexcusable. I hope you reported the incident to the authorities. 

One of the nicest blokes I ever knew was a lovely, charming Swedish bloke when sober though when in his cups he was a downright menace; alternatively one of the least popular, most mealy-mouthed, downright poisonous blokes I ever knew, always moaning, short tempered and Thai-bashing at any chance when sober, was surprisingly a 'good' drunk; happy, eloquent, able to hold an intelligent, reasoned debate, would love everything about being in Thailand...the booze sure is a funny thing when taken in excess...

I'm sure you'll soon get the TV puritans airing their anti-booze, anti-Pattaya agendas, clouding your thread in the process...so, here's hoping you make a full recovery and get the chance to 'discuss' the occurrence with the 'English' thug.

16 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

You got drunk, said something to a man but you can't remember what and he punched you, now you're complaining! Get real!!!

Harsh but true.

The issue here is the OP assumes the world works like he thinks it does, and not like the sort of person who will punch you off the back of a baht bus:

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

really didnt matter what I said

Yes it did, clearly, therefore.. yes it does matter what you say in life.

4 hours ago, Merylhighground said:

There are 'good' drunks and 'bad' drunks.

It sounds like you got unlucky, however experience has taught me that any drunk is potentially volatile, regardless of their nationality or disposition when sober, and keeping your gob shut, avoiding eye contact, and  if you can't avoid proximity to them, is always a wise move. Still his behaviour is inexcusable. I hope you reported the incident to the authorities. 

One of the nicest blokes I ever knew was a lovely, charming Swedish bloke when sober though when in his cups he was a downright menace; alternatively one of the least popular, most mealy-mouthed, downright poisonous blokes I ever knew, always moaning, short tempered and Thai-bashing at any chance when sober, was surprisingly a 'good' drunk; happy, eloquent, able to hold an intelligent, reasoned debate, would love everything about being in Thailand...the booze sure is a funny thing when taken in excess...

I'm sure you'll soon get the TV puritans airing their anti-booze, anti-Pattaya agendas, clouding your thread in the process...so, here's hoping you make a full recovery and get the chance to 'discuss' the occurrence with the 'English' thug.

I am all for allmost all drugs to be free for use alcohol included... only to be punished when you bother others.. alcohol is known to fuel aggression and people who are like that should not be allowed to drink (same goes for other drugs but give an aggressive drunk a joint and all he will attack is a pizza or a fish an chips if he is English :D)

I have a serious dislike of aggressive drunks and of drunks that bother me (constantly trying to strike a conversation even though you told them you don't want one.. or commenting loudly on everything, cursing ect), but that is a minor nuisance compared to the aggressive type. The worsts are those who are drunk (and or high) and drive a car or ride a motorbike.. they should be deported on sight (after having spend time in jail)

I'm finding it hard to believe you said something innocuous to provoke such an extreme reaction.

You can't remember what you said? I would imagine it would have had to have been something very offensive.

Anyway, what were you doing, chuntering on to yourself on a baht bus?

That's not normal behaviour. You were probably making everyone else quite uncomfortable.

You got drunk, said something to a man but you can't remember what and he punched you, now you're complaining! Get real!!!

Not to mention hanging off the back of a baht bus when you are too drunk to remember what you said.

7 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

You don't know what you said.. you were drunk... so it could have very well been taken out of context by the boxing man

Englishmen are mostly noble gentlemen types and would not attack someone for no reason. If you had said it was a Russian i could have believed you.. A high percentage of Russian men are dregs, drunks and degenerates and nothing would surprise me with them. 

I see have never attended a football match in the UK

10 hours ago, Smudge said:

I honestly don't remember, but I know I've said far worse in my time here, it was a nonchalant statement not directed at anyone and certainly not directed at the person in question.

If you don't remember, how can you know that you've said far worse in your time here? 

Nevermind.  If you're just hoping the guy is actually a TV member, that he'll read this thread, and then admit what he did, opening himself up to all kinds of legal and criminal liabilities....well, good luck with that. 

You were drunk... Said something which you can't remember that triggered a complete stranger to hit you out of the blue... 

You're complaining that he didn't follow the 'correct fighting protocol' to argue with you first ????

...... pretty much every other comment on this thread so far is correct - looks like you had it coming... 

11 hours ago, Smudge said:

I won't say I'm am angel, I say things that upset people and have done on many occasions but this caught me completely off guard... ie. hanging off the back of a baht bus.

So you admit that your mouth has tendency to get you into trouble when you're hammered and, on this occasion, someone made sure you paid for it.

Take your experience as the wake up call you need to seek some form of counseling to deal with your obviously repressed hostility to others.