SURVEY: Is Philippine's President Duterte a help or a hindrance to the Philippines?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you believe Philippine's President, Duterte, is a help or hinderance to the development of the Philippines?  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trop.

I live in Davao.

I see what he did here.

NOTHING.

Everything is hidden now, even smoking you have to hide.

He has just left a population of scared civillians.

Everyone knows the truth, but they are too scared.

Murder is no solution.

Clean up the police, clean up government. Dont kill everyone.

We are preparing to leave now. Because the Phils is going to the dogs. Shame.

21 minutes ago, tuky said:

Agreed.

the question is...where will it end?

Once all the druggies are killed will smokers be next?

Gay?

Lesbian?

drinkers?

Once a guy like this, one who will compare himself to hitler gets power there is no stopping him.

The Phils needs reform, granted. But by mass murder?

once the druggies are dead, who will stop the murderers? More murderers?

You're using extreme hyperbole based on misinformation.

a. There is no "mass murdering" going on.

b. "Druggies" are not being killed.

And then you go onto a rant comparing him with Hitler and suggesting he's going to kill everyone, including drinkers. Talk about absurd scare mongering.

What you don't know is that Duterte actually likes his country and people and he sincerely wants to do the best for them. He's no Hitler.

I have a sneaking admiration for him for not kowtowing to the USA.  And that's what is really upsetting many of the above posters.
The only thing he has to worry about is that America might decide they need a regime change and the  rebels there suddenly find themselves with more military hardware than they know what to do with.

You're wrong in my case. I have respect for some anti-American leaders such as Correa. He's scum because of the mass murdering.

I asked the question tropo, where does it end?

Who stops the death squads when their drug matrix has been cleared?

Blood lust.

We had 3 guys outside our small, shithole of a house last looking in. They came back 3 times. My mrs is scared to death. So are the neighbours.

Not of robbery, but of wanting to kill the foreign. 

Du30 war on drugs gives them free reign. Hang a sign around my head and they are scott free.

Do you think people feel safe?

We dont, our neighbours dont.

Du30 called himself hitler, not me.

Check your sources.

If you live here, have you not noticed the slow change in feeling?

The people are coming around.

3 minutes ago, tuky said:

I asked the question tropo, where does it end?

Who stops the death squads when their drug matrix has been cleared?

Blood lust.

We had 3 guys outside our small, shithole of a house last looking in. They came back 3 times. My mrs is scared to death. So are the neighbours.

Not of robbery, but of wanting to kill the foreign. 

Du30 war on drugs gives them free reign. Hang a sign around my head and they are scott free.

Do you think people feel safe?

We dont, our neighbours dont.

Du30 called himself hitler, not me.

Check your sources.

If you live here, have you not noticed the slow change in feeling?

The people are coming around.

I'd rather leave the shithole. Sorry, no offense, but this is one of the poorest countries and cops kill whoever they want to. 

10 minutes ago, tropo said:

You're using extreme hyperbole based on misinformation.

a. There is no "mass murdering" going on.

b. "Druggies" are not being killed.

And then you go onto a rant comparing him with Hitler and suggesting he's going to kill everyone, including drinkers. Talk about absurd scare mongering.

What you don't know is that Duterte actually likes his country and people and he sincerely wants to do the best for them. He's no Hitler.

Noting that Hitler had murdered millions of Jews, Duterte said, "There are 3 million drug addicts (in the Philippines). I'd be happy to slaughter them.

"If Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have ...," he said, pausing and pointing to himself.

The guy is a complete loon and this path he's taking the Philippines down can only result in failure.

Lost, that is what we are doing.

We dont feel safe here.

She doesnt want to leave, she loves her home.

but she doesnt want to live her life scared either. So we are leaving before it.is too late

43 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Noting that Hitler had murdered millions of Jews, Duterte said, "There are 3 million drug addicts (in the Philippines). I'd be happy to slaughter them.

"If Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have ...," he said, pausing and pointing to himself.

The guy is a complete loon and this path he's taking the Philippines down can only result in failure.

You missed the key point in all that:

"Duterte has said his public death threats against drug suspects are designed to scare them to stop selling drugs and to discourage would-be users"

He has you guys worried, so it must be working. Not only you. Two of my brother-in-laws were keen shabu users. They are now scared shitless and not using drugs. They can't buy them now anyway as they are not available. They attend drug rehab sessions at the local gym which are compulsory once they are listed as users. My goodness! ... To think I was paying for their drugs. One other guy we know has gone crazy and is sleeping in trees - paranoid that someone is coming for him LOL.

That was the whole point of the strong rhetoric. Now you all think he's going to execute 3 million people LOL

Edited by tropo

39 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

I'd rather leave the shithole. Sorry, no offense, but this is one of the poorest countries and cops kill whoever they want to. 

Are you still there? It's a better shithole today than it was in May. Better a shithole with no drugs and less corrupt officials, even if they are dead.

13 hours ago, tropo said:

The Philippines doesn't have a drug problem? LOLOLOL

It has/had a huge drug problem.

Who's killing off poor street level drug users and pushers?

They are being tagged and rehabilitated. They have rehabilitation programs all over the Philippines for drug users, who are often the low level sellers too.

Low level sellers are warned. If caught again they are jailed. No one is killing them. If they were being killed the kill numbers would in in the 10's of thousands by now.

You clearly have no concept of what it is like to live in abject poverty, with no hope of ever escaping. There is a reason that even the majority of students from more affluent private schools in the PI choose to go abroad immediately upon graduation. The prospects of getting a decent job with a livable wage is very low in all sectors. If I was living in the slums of Manila or Davao, I would be spending all of my time trying to escape, as well, which is exactly why the drug abuse rates are so high. Of course, I am just repeating and rephrasing what I said earlier, so I  doubt that you will actually read this post, either.

12 hours ago, tropo said:

Are you still there? It's a better shithole today than it was in May. Better a shithole with no drugs and less corrupt officials, even if they are dead.

Sure, arbitrarily killing young men is creating no drugs.  Like killing the birds around your house would eradicate birds.   Duterte is worse than Trump, if that's possible.   Except Trump can control bigger guns and bombs, if elected.

7 hours ago, RaoulDuke said:

You clearly have no concept of what it is like to live in abject poverty, with no hope of ever escaping. There is a reason that even the majority of students from more affluent private schools in the PI choose to go abroad immediately upon graduation. The prospects of getting a decent job with a livable wage is very low in all sectors. If I was living in the slums of Manila or Davao, I would be spending all of my time trying to escape, as well, which is exactly why the drug abuse rates are so high. Of course, I am just repeating and rephrasing what I said earlier, so I  doubt that you will actually read this post, either.

I have no idea why you changed the subject?

I know so much about living in abject poverty in the Philippines you'd be absolutely amazed, BUT this is not the topic, so I won't discuss it.

Independent poll shows Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has a "very good" public net satisfaction rating.

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — An independent poll shows that Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, under fire internationally for his deadly crackdown on suspected drug dealers, has a "very good" public net satisfaction rating of plus 64 nearly three months after taking office.

The figure is lower than the "excellent" trust rating of plus 79 he got days before his June 30 inauguration according to pollster Social Weather Stations.

The latest survey, conducted Sept. 24 to Sept. 27, was published Thursday and shows that 76 percent of 1,200 adults polled nationwide were satisfied with Duterte's performance, while 11 were dissatisfied, and 13 percent were undecided. That yielded a net satisfaction rating of plus 64, with a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3 percent.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/20cdd5e66ba94737b1c6ed5d5a1ebde2/poll-philippines-duterte-satisfaction-rating-very-good?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP