Benelli TNT 135...

properperson

12 minutes ago, properperson said:

Geared with clutch....

....and 5 speed. Also disc brakes front and rear plus twin spark single cyl.. Looks quite small the same as MSX's but quite a looker and will sure pick up some of Hondas trade ....looks as if price is also about 9 or 10k less than a MSX. I was in my local Benelli dealer Saturday, not there yet but I did hear 'late 2016' ... so soon?

7 minutes ago, KhruGin said:

....and 5 speed. Also disc brakes front and rear plus twin spark single cyl.. Looks quite small the same as MSX's but quite a looker and will sure pick up some of Hondas trade ....looks as if price is also about 9 or 10k less than a MSX. I was in my local Benelli dealer Saturday, not there yet but I did hear 'late 2016' ... so soon?

next month....

Don't understand anybody would buy one of those toy bikes, only a fashion statement, everything else are pretty bad on those type of bikes but the Thai youth loves them.

See many with Ducati markings on the tank, <deleted>?

I guess they are a perfect fit if you are below 150cm height, ha-ha.

^ Yeah, some of those baby Ducati Monster ones are made by 'Demon' and modeled to look just like a shrunken Monster. Saw a few a shopping mall booth, they look great, I was almost tempted myself. 

Good if zipping around tight traffic going to work everyday.... and under 150cm tall. 

15 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Don't understand anybody would buy one of those toy bikes, only a fashion statement, everything else are pretty bad on those type of bikes but the Thai youth loves them.

See many with Ducati markings on the tank, <deleted>?

I guess they are a perfect fit if you are below 150cm height, ha-ha.

They're pretty good commuters. Not if you're huge but anything under 5'10 or 5'11 is fine, the ergonomics aren't as cramped as they look. Cheap on gas, cheap to buy, great in heavy BKK traffic, fun to mod, OK as a 711 bike as long as you're not doing your weekly shop. My KSR isn't too bad for mild off road use, explored a lot of the dirt tracks in Phuket on it. If you get stuck, just lift it out :)

If I could only afford this or a scooter, I'd get this (actually I'd get a MSX or KSR but you get the point). 

Kinda looks aftermarket to me. Complete with misaligned stickers and an exhaust that doesn't fit at all.

I have no doubt it'll sell relatively well here.

There's nothing desirable to Benellis to me. Well at least they make some relatively cheap bikes that don't look bland I guess.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Probably got a higher seat height than the bike in your avatar. And more reliable :P

I like a low seat height on a touring bike with foot boards.

Is that a Ducati in your avatar?
And you are talking about reliability?? Compared to the Mighty Moto Guzzi?:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

I like a low seat height on a touring bike with foot boards.

Is that a Ducati in your avatar?
And you are talking about reliability?? Compared to the Mighty Moto Guzzi?:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Handy if you're 5'1" with massive feet I suppose :lol:

Yes, it's the super reliable 899. No issues so far :)

The legendary 899 engine, better than a Guzzi? Of course! 

I don't think that this type of motorcycles are made for the Asian market, yes they sell pretty good in Asia, but it's nothing compared to how much they sell in the US and Europe...

The Honda Gnom and Kawasaki Z125 Pro are very successful in both North-America and Europe, and while they look like small bikes, the seat height for the Honda Gnom (MSX125) is 790mm and the Kawasaki Z125 Pro is 780mm...

I once rode a fairy cycle from Bramming to Holsted (in Denmark) for a bet and won a case of Carlsberg... and had crotch-ache for a whole week.

Now I know what to buy if I want to relive my youth.

I think this is like SE Asian music..what do you do with it? Just <deleted> around....

18 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Handy if you're 5'1" with massive feet I suppose :lol:

Yes, it's the super reliable 899. No issues so far :)

The legendary 899 engine, better than a Guzzi? Of course! 

# 6'3" actually, with UK size 12s, US size 13's. I built that bike, so that's how i wanted it.

# Interesting link, very tech savvy. You can see why Ducati and other modern water cooled v twins have to hide an engine behind all the plastic. It is hideous looking. Unlike an air cooled Guzzi, or even an older 70's Ducati. And a c/shaft weight of 4 kgs. Jeez no wonder they like to rev and have no torque below 3 grand. My T140 Triumph has a Weslake crank in it, i reckon weighs 12 plus...

# Each to his own.

# Ducati's and Guzzi's are like chalk and cheese. Apples and oranges. The only thing they share in common are that they are made in Italy and are 90 degree v twins. Their similarities ended by the end of the 70's when they both still made sporting motorcycles with a similar performance. Ducati with it's tech laden Desmo motors and Guzzi with it's OHV pushrod motors both made 130-140 mph  machines (750-900SS and the S3/le Mans series), neither faster than the other. One however, was a bit fragile and needed being kept on top of, the other just kept chuggin' along... Both marques were instant classics and especially in the 900SS case, today fetch stupid money.

# Last Ducati i liked was the S2 Monster 1000. Single side s/arm, air cooled, and importantly for me, the last of the analogue clocks. Round clocks. With needles.  I hate digital clocks.

# Did i tell you i was a Luddite....

I find the proportions of the small tires and the Brutale-esque exhaust odd.

I'm sure it will sell well since it looks Italian; a deformed Italian.

No offense but  Moto Guzzi is a counter intuitive design with it's longitudinal V engine.

Does it have massive counter balancers or does it just want to self steer/tip over when you hit the gas?.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Reviving this old thread to see if there is any owners out there to give their input. My wife is interested in getting one. Main thing she wants to know is how is the low end torque. We have quite a few hills and her current bike is pretty limp in the low revs.

The Aerox 155cc is cheap and pulls like a train up hills... It doesn't weigh a lot more than most 125 but the performance is way  better... Tell her to test one if she can live with an automatic 

On 18/11/2017 at 12:04 PM, speedtripler said:

The Aerox 155cc is cheap and pulls like a train up hills... It doesn't weigh a lot more than most 125 but the performance is way  better... Tell her to test one if she can live with an automatic 

Good to know about the Aerox, but I think my wife is hoping to something other than a step through bike for a change. Because of her being under tall she has had to settle for scooters, but she thinks she can make a go of it with the TNT. 

She hasn't decided anything yet though and she mainly wants something good for hills, so at least we know the Aerox is in the ballpark.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:36 PM, canuckamuck said:

Reviving this old thread to see if there is any owners out there to give their input. My wife is interested in getting one. Main thing she wants to know is how is the low end torque. We have quite a few hills and her current bike is pretty limp in the low revs.

1.  [free] Open the throttle more, unless already full throttle.

2.  [B400]  change sprockets,

or variator weights.

Will rev higher then.

3.  [B15K] maybe, used Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135cc.

Has guts. 

Bet she'd look good on the grom tho.

53 minutes ago, papa al said:

1.  [free] Open the throttle more, unless already full throttle.

2.  [B400]  change sprockets,

or variator weights.

Will rev higher then.

3.  [B15K] maybe, used Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135cc.

Has guts. 

Bet she'd look good on the grom tho.

1. Where we are at, we often need to start out already at incline or at the bottom of the hill. no time to get any momentum or get the revs up. No clutch.

2. We did change a sprocket, it helped but we could have gone further. It was a real pain to get a bolt pattern match though.

3. She has the Yamaha Spark 135. I imagine its the same engine, but geared different and Wave style shifting. It goes fast for what it is, but she never needs to be out of 2nd around here

4. Yes

46 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

She has the Yamaha Spark 135.

In theory you should be able to get some lighter clutch springs that would raise the stall speed, if that is her uphill start problem. Or but some new clutch shoes and drill a few holes to lighten them. (Have done that on a Wave). 

NB. There is an MSX125 Mini Moto (SuperMoto) racing class for anyone interested racing.

9 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

3. She has the Yamaha Spark 135. I imagine its the same engine

Different.

papa has '08 Sparky now

//with manual clutch, rare//

which is the most gutless bike ever.

Had YNE135.

Gas hog but oomph.

Starting on the uphill

not so good with automatics.

The path is clear;

'cept,