My new neighbors keeps dropping money on the ground

JJGreen

There’s a new couple in one of the apartments on my floor. They keep dropping money along the hallway from their room to the elevator.

I haven’t actually seen them ever drop it , but before they moved in I never saw any money on the ground in the hallway

Since they have moved in a month back...67 baht in total I have picked up on my way to the Trash room before I go to bed.

2 x 20 baht notes, and the rest in coins. Don’t they hear the coins when they drop?

A ten baht coin is solid enough to make a decent sound. Seems odd they would just throw money away

If new neighbors are Thai, not unusual if their new home is far away from where they come from. It has to do with "luck" at the new place.

But to drop 20 Bht bills would be very unusual. (Why overpay the good "House Spirits"), especially if they are not even registered as some Union Members.

I suppose, the 20 BHT bills were involuntarily dropped by a Farang Co-Habitant with holes in his pockets.

Cheers.

You are definitely running low on ideas for new topics! I think the trend is moving towards positive topics so perhaps you can invent something around how wonderful your life in Thailand and your wife / gf are.

Edited by rogeroc

Nah not at all this is a good question and it would appear there is good reason for this post, seems pretty genuine and the superstition sounds? Thainess?  

I got another.  The Mrs reckons cats wanting to live with us is a sign of luck but the mrs often tries to claim this for pretty much anything. 6 tuctaw sounds and above is good luck and anything less is bad?

We feed an old stray cat pumpuy mackerel/sardines in tomato sauce each day. I think another cat trying to get in on action.

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah not at all this is a good question and it would appear there is good reason for this post, seems pretty genuine and the superstition sounds? Thainess?  

I got another.  The Mrs reckons cats wanting to live with us is a sign of luck but the mrs often tries to claim this for pretty much anything. 6 tuctaw sounds and above is good luck and anything less is bad?

We feed an old stray cat pumpuy mackerel/sardines in tomato sauce each day. I think another cat trying to get in on action.

Where do you live I will be right over for dinner. I will muscle the cat out of the way and sing for my supper. Make sure the animal is good and healthy so it can go forth and propagate and produce more company for your dinner table. I guess its not much different than the way us humans have treated the table of life on this planet. Gorge and engorge. The sowing part is over now it is time to reap. 

You pick up the money? How will they ever find their way back to their apartment?

ET - - phone home. 

ps - only the heads up coins are lucky. 

I thought there could be some Hansel & Gretel action going on..

They probably drop the money getting their keys out...another poster suggested they might be drunk...

I don't know....but wouldn't they hear the coins hitting the tiled floor?

1 minute ago, JJGreen said:

I thought there could be some Hansel & Gretel action going on..

They probably drop the money getting their keys out...another poster suggested they might be drunk...

I don't know....but wouldn't they hear the coins hitting the tiled floor?

They might not hear it if they are rattling their keys... though I do think it only polite to leave them a thank you note... 

Take great care as you stoop to pick up the Loot.

Perchance it is all a cunning ploy to get you in a vulnerable position, enabling one of them to Rush you and carryout some dastardly offence upon your person,while the other takes photographs to post here, giving us all a good chuckle whilst we

study the look of shock and shame upon your face.