Swede arrested in Bangkok for threatening public officials

webfact

2 hours ago, Peter Pattaya said:

Or just go down the local market and buy one 

I knew a Danish guy in Koh Samui who did that and when his fake passport expired he applied for a new legal passport using the fake one, (he was on the run from Denmark because of heroin dealing charges)  guess what happened.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This new policy of blocking out faces or worse, no photo op at all, is complete BS.

Who moves to Thailand for human rights for criminals? 

Nobody.

Its an unwelcome western PC issue and should not take precedent over the Thai culture of photos and finger pointing.

Still open season on farang suspects in the media light. Notice the Thai wife wasn't displayed with him.

Yup, it's a ramp-up from double-pricing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why should she? What law has she broken that would justify her being in the photo, other than being the girlfriend of a complete idiot which is perfectly legal in Thailand the last time I checked.

4 hours ago, bark said:

The story does not add up ??

You must be his brother.

I know one Swede who is not right in the head. Acts just like this guy.

Justice will be, when he does 2-3 years at the Local Bangkok Hilton, Amari, Westin etc. Then send him back to Sweden.

I know a few Swedes also, and let me tell you those guys binge drink and man, can they drink.

One older 

guy is clearly not right in the head.

Im no doctor, but I suspect this could be brain damage from long term alcohol abuse

2 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...sooner or later...anyone can decide to get rid of you....

...get a few of them together with 'the same story'....and it is a done deal...

...not saying this is the case here....but.....

....sounds highly unlikely.....

...slander...like so many things here...it works for the locals and against the foreigners....

....you will have a mob against a foreigner in an instant.....

...and as for the foreigner....it will cost him millions just to begin a case...

2 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...sooner or later...anyone can decide to get rid of you....

...get a few of them together with 'the same story'....and it is a done deal...

...not saying this is the case here....but.....

....sounds highly unlikely.....

...slander...like so many things here...it works for the locals and against the foreigners....

....you will have a mob against a foreigner in an instant.....

...and as for the foreigner....it will cost him millions just to begin a case...

Funny to read posts like this, as if any random farang in the kingdom can be brought down in an instant at some Thai officials whim.

If you look for trouble it is easily found in big doses in Thailand.

Stay under the radar and follow the immigration requirements and you can be here for years..hassle free.

Its that simple.

This guy put himself in the shlt, no-one else.

Sounds to me like he is a conspirarcy theory nut who has tipped over the edge after to many years of alcohol or drug abuse.   

I think Journalistic trainee must be right.

Does she really mean he has been threatening public officials here and in Sweden over many years?Which seems so unlikely to be totally incredulous (was his nickname Capone), or does she mean that the offence(s) took place a long time ago (maybe 7 years?).

Tighten-up your reporting girl.

Ba humbug.

What's wrong with the guy? He's wearing a yellow t-shirt. Poor bloke lost his cool but who doesn't. Thai culture is now law. Soon you'll have to wear Tradditional Thai clothes as mandatory uniform.

I lose it now and again with all sorts hi and lo. They just ignore you. That's what they should havd done here. But, some ego's bruise easier than a banana does in Los.

Chill out Thailand, farang are farang you can't change their cultural upbringing.

13 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I think this lad has had one too many bottles of Lao Kao........a few years in jail should sober him up, but you can't fix stupid can you??

this problem was with his mind set as he had been creating similar problems in his home country where they do not have Lao Kao. his problem should have been fixed long long ago.

8 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

What's wrong with the guy? He's wearing a yellow t-shirt. Poor bloke lost his cool but who doesn't. Thai culture is now law. Soon you'll have to wear Tradditional Thai clothes as mandatory uniform.

I lose it now and again with all sorts hi and lo. They just ignore you. That's what they should havd done here. But, some ego's bruise easier than a banana does in Los.

Chill out Thailand, farang are farang you can't change their cultural upbringing.

are you suggesting that all farangs are prone to this kind unacceptable behaviour. no . this specific guy had some problems and as i have repeated previously they should not have been allowed to carry on for years.

9 hours ago, MiKT said:

I think Journalistic trainee must be right.

Does she really mean he has been threatening public officials here and in Sweden over many years?Which seems so unlikely to be totally incredulous (was his nickname Capone), or does she mean that the offence(s) took place a long time ago (maybe 7 years?).

Tighten-up your reporting girl.

Ba humbug.

apparently he has been doing it  over  and over again during this long duration of time and how he got away with it is a mystery.

15 hours ago, sahibji said:

apparently he has been doing it  over  and over again during this long duration of time and how he got away with it is a mystery.

Well it still seems unlikely to me, but if it ever gets de-mystified I would like to know.

I have met one or two public officials over the years I would have liked to have a few short sharp words with. Even shorter and sharper than the ones I have used on a few occasions.

Possibly you need the right type of wife, pity no pic enc.

On September 17, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Hawk said:

Speak for yourself. Is that why you are hiding in Cambodia?

Speaking for myself?  What gives you the impression I am doing anything other? 

The Khmer  people in Cambodia don't hate ex-pats. Not yet at least. Here's hoping this out-of-control, overstayed Swede will get deported back to his home country and not be allowed to wander across the border to f/up Cambodia. 

3 hours ago, Lex Talionis said:

Speaking for myself?  What gives you the impression I am doing anything other? 

The Khmer  people in Cambodia don't hate ex-pats. Not yet at least. Here's hoping this out-of-control, overstayed Swede will get deported back to his home country and not be allowed to wander across the border to f/up Cambodia. 

There are normally people in every country who dislike or even hate foreigners because that's the way they are, even in Cambodia you will find such people. Yes, I have been to Cambodia a few times.

And why do you hate this Swedish guy so much? He has not inferred with you or your way of life, so why the venomous talk?  Do you actually know what he has done and why, do you know exactly what the case details are? Of course you don't and neither does the rest of the forum. 

The article is vague to start with and is only offering a very edited one sided version of events.  

It seems that you are the one out-of-control with your hate filled statements about a person that you have never met, and you don't even no what his crime allegedly is, other than overstaying.

I for one will be glad if you remain in Cambodia so you cannot taint the minds of the Thais who are not at war with the foreigners. 

Edited by Hawk

On September 16, 2016 at 7:33 PM, ldiablo72 said:

And why should she? What law has she broken that would justify her being in the photo, other than being the girlfriend of a complete idiot which is perfectly legal in Thailand the last time I checked.

You are absolutely correct.  I had quickly read it as, "A Swedish man with a Thai wife WERE arrested..."

However, the article said, "A Swedish man with a Thai wife WAS arrested..."

Grammar counts. :cool: