How are you using Kodi?

bek

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I think the BBC are knowledgeable to the operation of most UK vpn ip addresses and have blocked them?

As I said I don't personally use it, but some more info from that link I posted:

BBC has been blocking VPN services. If you want to use VPN to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi outside UK, head over to IPVanish. They are tried and tested when it comes to unblocking Kodi addons. You can also use other best VPN providers listed below....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jai Dee said:

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think the BBC are knowledgeable to the operation of most UK vpn ip addresses and have blocked them?

As I said I don't personally use it, but some more info from that link I posted:

BBC has been blocking VPN services. If you want to use VPN to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi outside UK, head over to IPVanish. They are tried and tested when it comes to unblocking Kodi addons. You can also use other best VPN providers listed below....

BBC Iplayer works perfectly on Kodi 17.1 without vpn, as my screen shots proof, but you have to change a hidden setting in Kodi.

Someone who decided to insult me twice on the forum and called me a troll, has spoiled it for all others.

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Someone who decided to insult me twice on the forum and called me a troll, has spoiled it for all others.

That particular  person has received a warning (from another moderator) for his insults and the offending posts have been removed.

In the interest of keeping this forum helpful to all members, can you please share your tip?

1 minute ago, Jai Dee said:

That particular  person has received a warning (from another moderator) for his insults and the offending posts have been removed.

In the interest of keeping this forum helpful to all members, can you please share your tip?

I posted already that those who are interested can send me PM, I will not post it on the open forum now, to avoid that the person who called me a troll for my help will see the fix.

13 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I posted already that those who are interested can send me PM, I will not post it on the open forum now, to avoid that the person who called me a troll for my help will see the fix.

Understood janclaes47 and your position is respected.

For all members making enquiries or posting on this forum... this is a valuable lesson and this is exactly why we have forum rules and the following in particular:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

There is certainly no need for such behaviour on the forum... and especially in the AV Forum where we can all come to learn something new.

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Yes it does, because BBC Iplayer work perfectly with or without vpn.

BBC has blocked nothing at all.

I was replying to a post that stated "my VPN recently worked fine in Thailand"

You may have the knowledge to gain access to Iplayer, but most of us don't as we're not as savvy as you. But the BBC are blocking VPN addresses, successfully or not?

BBC VPN Block is Real

By welshexpat | Published: July 20, 2016

For many years although the BBC is technically unavailable outside the UK, people have indeed been watching it on their phones, tablets, PCs and laptops from all over the world. Like many of the large media firms the BBC have blocked access to their content on the iPlayer and main BBC site based on their physical location- here’s the BBC blocked info.

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

I was replying to a post that stated "my VPN recently worked fine in Thailand"

You may have the knowledge to gain access to Iplayer, but most of us don't as we're not as savvy as you. But the BBC are blocking VPN addresses, successfully or not?

BBC VPN Block is Real

By welshexpat | Published: July 20, 2016

For many years although the BBC is technically unavailable outside the UK, people have indeed been watching it on their phones, tablets, PCs and laptops from all over the world. Like many of the large media firms the BBC have blocked access to their content on the iPlayer and main BBC site based on their physical location- here’s the BBC blocked info.

If you read my posts above you will notice that getting BBC Iplayer to work has nothing to do with bypassing what BBC can detect.

I very much doubt that BBC can block VPN's since a vpn changes ip address every time you log in.

Not so long there were also posts from the UK government in the public media that they were able to detect if you were watching Kodi if you didn't pay your tv license.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/shortcuts/2016/aug/08/how-will-the-bbc-detect-people-watching-iplayer-without-a-licence

You believe that one also?

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-22440,00.html

Edited by janclaes47

I use Kodi as backup mainly, i choose to use easier apps like Mobdro, showbox and terrarium (or similar name). Main problem i have in Thailand is the poor wifi speed. Good morning maybe, then gets progressively worse. But since the low season started the speed has increased so poor performance seems due to so many people using it.

5 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Although I don't use the BBC iPlayer myself, I found this information which may be of some help:

Appreciate the feedback but this just confuses matters as it is another addon that you refer to that only works with a VPN or DNS fix to avoid the Geoblocking issue.

The addon I refer to and that has been addressed by other posters here is the BBCiPlayer app by Mikey1234 author from the Xfinity repository. This addon works well without any need for an external VPN as it has a built in proxy just for the add-on only.

mikey1234's inlayer add-on works well in lodi 16….i disable auto play streams and only click on links that have 'bbc media in them'

detailed fixes are posted on the relevant thread in the xunity forum by mikey1234

from what i gather this isn't mike's full time job he does it as a favour….and he couldn't be arsed with kodi krypton yet….

one solution could be to keep both kodi 16 and 17 on your box and use as necessary

or just follow this thread for troubleshooting:

http://xunitytalk.me/showthread.php/9554-RELEASE-BBC-iPLAYER/page11

Edited by JHolmesJr

I found that I was no longer getting 1080p and HD sources in Exodus and Specto in Kodi 16.

I believe that they all migrated over to SSL.

Upgraded to Kodi 17.1 which supports SSL and I have tons of links again.

41 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

mikey1234's inlayer add-on works well in lodi 16….i disable auto play streams and only click on links that have 'bbc media in them'

detailed fixes are posted on the relevant thread in the xunity forum by mikey1234

from what i gather this isn't mike's full time job he does it as a favour….and he couldn't be arsed with kodi krypton yet….

one solution could be to keep both kodi 16 and 17 on your box and use as necessary

or just follow this thread for troubleshooting:

http://xunitytalk.me/showthread.php/9554-RELEASE-BBC-iPLAYER/page11

It DOES work on Kodi 17.1, as several members have found out already after sending me a PM, it will only not be posted here for reasons explained above.

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

It DOES work on Kodi 17.1, as several members have found out already after sending me a PM, it will only not be posted here for reasons explained above.

I don't think you can shed more light on this than mikey1234…unless you are he.

all possible bugs get discussed on that thread and I don't know what additional magic you possess to make it work.

people call me all sorts of things on this forum but I don't stalk off in a huff. share the love bro.

ps. i know it works on krypton….detailed settings  instructions are on that thread

Edited by JHolmesJr

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I don't think you can shed more light on this than mikey1234…unless you are he.

all possible bugs get discussed on that thread and I don't know what additional magic you possess to make it work.

people call me all sorts of things on this forum but I don't stalk off in a huff. share the love bro.

So you cal me a liar?

What is NOT discussed in that thread is Kodi 17.1, and the hidden settings in the Kodi 17.1 system files that have to be enabled, to make not only Mickey's BBC Iplayer work but also several other streaming addons.

Edited by janclaes47

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:30 PM, janclaes47 said:

bbci.JPG.7665df10f88c24777c63ce3ecdad7998.JPG

Everything inside the BBCIplayer that isn't live is catch up

It's because BBC allow watching videos from outside the UK but does not allow live streaming. This issue can easily be solved by using a Kodi VPN. You can do it by using a VPN an dconnecting with a UK IP.

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

It's because BBC allow watching videos from outside the UK but does not allow live streaming. This issue can easily be solved by using a Kodi VPN. You can do it by using a VPN an dconnecting with a UK IP.

Or you can simply use the other BBCiPlayer addon mentioned on this thread and then there is no need for paying for a VPN to watch catchup as it works without.