Heads Up !!! The Hangout At Handong

evenstevens

sadly E/S pulled up lame during my gallopp ,y/day late morning to  The  Hangout, (Ex The  Game) for lunch

BUT

my old shelia came to the rescue, a little late for lunch, made it for a Beer Lao Dark at night fall

Strike me Pink ,this joint has had a  full detox, and botox  greeted by a bevy of good looking  young  Hosties ,and a three piece band was ripping

two other bands followed , great crowd of all ages and nationalities,all mixing  in  together , to the delight of the bands  that played

under progressive thinking management, who gratefully acknowledge that The Hangout has a few kinks to be ironed out, but only one week old , a very bright future  is on the horizon

when departing  Sam the G.M, whispered in E/S    ears,  that Raunchy Joyce  the Bannana Bender from  The Land Down  Under  is due to appear next saturday nite,  crikey joycey  on stage  singin can put it together,bigtime

Its    a   Hangout  good morning to all my readers:)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried Google translate with this,but still none the wiser,

I think there would be an outcry if I started posting in

Geordie, I was talking to an Australian family just yesterday

and they did not talk like E/S does,I have also been to Oz,

and nobody talked like that,.I am sure he is capable of stringing

a sentence or two together in English that everyone could understand,

but just chooses to post like this just annoy.

regards worgeordie

15 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

I think its a kind of 'horse race caller' speak....., hmmm

Edited by Sandy Freckle

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Its a low level gimmick to pull you in , don't feed him, put him on ignore.

Mods constantly remind posters that their posts must be in English and I can assure you,as an Australian, we don't speak like that. The majority of us have had a good education and don't shamelessly promote our interests.

You're all being too hard on evenstevens.

You might as well dump on Dame Edna Everage while you're at it.

His posts are often amusing and occasionally informative as well.

Now he's promoting - for whatever reason -  a new bar in Hang Dong.

The Hangout, formerly The Game, before Glen Bullard and Mark Hutcherson met their untimely ends, might be worth a visit if only to find out who's running it now.

28 minutes ago, hml367 said:

Weren't many posters promoting that same place when it was opening as The Game? Were those posters being ridiculed?

Most definitely they were being ridiculed.  Poster frankwhite (a friend of the owners/management) was on here shilling for The Game, as was the manager of the place (can't remember his TV user name) and they were mocked endlessly.  

You guys are being bullies.

If I understood his post correctly, he said he went to a new place and had a good time. What's the problem with that?

Loads of people post both positive and negative about all kinds of places - that is one of the reasons we have Internet forums.

Do you think he owns the place? Please ...... Give me a break.

ES if u want to be taken seriously lose the John Wayne or whatever accent you are trying to mimick. If however, you want to keep up your incoherent language, then feel free to continue but expect to be ridiculed from time to time. Sometimes I find u to be funny but other times I find u to be just boring and not very funny at all, i.e. you miss the point I believe you are intending to hit, i.e,. being funny. TV members feel free to correct me if ES is the funniest thing since dane edna everage (god help us)

7 hours ago, stament said:

ES if u want to be taken seriously lose the John Wayne or whatever accent you are trying to mimick. If however, you want to keep up your incoherent language, then feel free to continue but expect to be ridiculed from time to time. Sometimes I find u to be funny but other times I find u to be just boring and not very funny at all, i.e. you miss the point I believe you are intending to hit, i.e,. being funny. TV members feel free to correct me if ES is the funniest thing since dane edna everage (god help us)

For funny replace with pathetic, but simply my opinion.

For the new owners, 3 in five years?, I wish them luck in a current tough environment but an area of Chiang Mai that may just be gaining some traction.

Though having es promote the place (this was at least his 3rd mention) may not be the best move, hopefully he is not in involved in the rest of the promotional activities. 

Write, wrong or indifferent - shouldn't people have the opportunity to speak their truth here. Even if many choose to see it as dribble, they equally have the choice to dis and or disregard. There are much bigger crimes around today to put typing effort into. Freedom of speech in action all round. Everyone (well almost everyone..., ) deserves some oxygen...., but then again being comparatively new to CM, I have not read so many es posts. 
:wai:

Edited by Sandy Freckle

21 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Probably right, just another racist.

15 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Its a low level gimmick to pull you in , don't feed him, put him on ignore.

Mods constantly remind posters that their posts must be in English and I can assure you,as an Australian, we don't speak like that. The majority of us have had a good education and don't shamelessly promote our interests.

Having lived in Australia for about thirty years, initially in 1956, I found every word he said perfectly normal talk in Australia, those that have lived or visited Australia and say they couldn't follow ES clearly never left Perth City centre.

Well Paulchiang man, eventhough you find his language appropriate for Australia certainly does not make it appropriate here.  

When traveling Australia I heard a lot of language that I did not understand but found without exception when speaking with me and my fellow travelers the Aussies had the good sense and politeness to use language comprehensible to non-Australians.

It seems to me that the moderators or administrators should put the following ThaiVisa rule to a certain individual:

While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts. Posts full of intentional misspellings, all caps, no caps, l33tspeak, or similar slang may be deleted in order to preserve a standard of readability. This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message.

Make the effort or have all your posts deleted. Everyone else makes the effort, even those whose first language is not English. 

6 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Well Paulchiang man, eventhough you find his language appropriate for Australia certainly does not make it appropriate here.  

When traveling Australia I heard a lot of language that I did not understand but found without exception when speaking with me and my fellow travelers the Aussies had the good sense and politeness to use language comprehensible to non-Australians.

Australia has an education system as good as anywhere in the world.At this moment 30+%  of high school students move onto University compared with, in my days, when it was 5% (1950's-60's)

Australia is a very multi racial society.At my old high school now there are 27 different ethnic groups.

Some people who migrated in the 50's and 60's, from Europe mainly, still carry their accent,we get along and always have there are no communication problems.                 Australia and NZ are nearly top of the list as a destination for Asian students to continue their studies

This Australian sterotype of kangaroos running up and down the streets, a koala on every lampost and Paul Hogan" talk and look- a -likes," wrestling crocodiles is rather tiring.                  

29 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Australia has an education system as good as anywhere in the world.At this moment 30+%  of high school students move onto University compared with, in my days, when it was 5% (1950's-60's)

Australia is a very multi racial society.At my old high school now there are 27 different ethnic groups.

Some people who migrated in the 50's and 60's, from Europe mainly, still carry their accent,we get along and always have there are no communication problems.                 Australia and NZ are nearly top of the list as a destination for Asian students to continue their studies

This Australian sterotype of kangaroos running up and down the streets, a koala on every lampost and Paul Hogan" talk and look- a -likes," wrestling crocodiles is rather tiring.                  

I take it that you never really went outside Sydney much ........ (this is all a bit off topic anyway)

43 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

How many of them talk in the Third Person? Is that pretty common, then? Or refer to themselves as horses? Granted, I don't know much about Australia, but the Aussies I've meet don't fit this mold.

The purpose of language is communication. If it's not understandable, it is missing that mark, regardless of the attempt at 'style.'