Mother and father want action after school allows their daughter to leave with a rapist

webfact

Mother and father want action after school allows their daughter to leave with a rapist

a1.jpg

Image: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- Two Pathum Thani parents have appealed for help after their daughter was allowed to go home from school  with a stranger.

The man arrived on a motorbike in the early morning claiming he needed to take the 11 year old girl to do some business with her parents, reported tnamcot.

But he took her elsewhere and raped her. Then he took her back to the school at 10am.

The man is currently being held in Thanyaburi jail and faces three charges.

The parents have appealed to reporters to get action from the school after they were told that they would not release CCTV footage to them.

They suspect this is to protect the school who may be trying to help the man for some reason.

They say that the school have already admitted that they let their daughter go with the man without checking any ID.

The parents have also taken their case to public help group the Paweena Foundation.

Investigating sergeant Thert Hannarong of the Nong Seua police said that a man called Somchai Siang-Ek, 21, is in custody and has been refused bail. 

They say he has admitted going to the school to pick up a child that he didn't know. He admitted rape in the Klong 14 area and then threatened her with death if she informed on him.

He has been charged with rape, abduction and threats made with a weapon.

Police are gathering further evidence. It is understood that the accused man was a former pupil of the school where he abducted the child.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-22

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just awful. I have no words. This rapist should NEVER be let out of jail. The premeditation, the targeting of underage girls, and the lack of any remorse.

Shame Thai prisons don't resemble the latim american ones as this lad's sentence would last only minutes

Not surprising... this country has very low regards for grown ups and utter disregards

for safety and common sense, why should it be any different when it comes

to kids?

I'm sure you seen those motorcycles loaded with 3-4 children's on their way to school

or home hanging on like a bunch of monkeys on a coconut tree?.....

There's certainly plenty to question in this story. He didn't know the girl? Then how did he tell the teacher which child he wanted to take away? "Hi, I need to take a young girl to see her parents." "Which girl?" "Oh, I dunno, how about that one over there?" "Oh, sure, that makes sense."

I don't think so.

21 minutes ago, seahorse said:

It seems like this kind of thing is happening more and more or is it my imagination? And they need to protect the SCHOOL? What about the kids in the school?

How much lower can this society sink?

Well, they don't exactly need to protect the school, but they need to protect themselves from liability. Of course they use the excuse of protecting the school to enlist the cooperation of all the teachers, who must fear for their jobs. It won't work. It never does.

I think the impression that this kind of thing is happening more often is in your imagination.

Edited by Acharn

When I was a kid, in my country at least, there was no question of who was responsible for protection of the children going to the school. There simply was no protection because nobody needed it. 

Anyway anybody can pick up a young girl from anywhere and rape her, the fact it happened at the school is just coincidental, yes the school should have protected the girl, but the rapist would have raped at some point anyway. And of course the rapist knew the girl and the girl knew him, otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

Edited by AlQaholic

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

There was the mug throwing idiot and then a great story about a smart young teacher picking up on child abuse but now it's back to business as usual.

Cue excuses to explain the issue away and exonerate the school.

Cue the baht to change hands, which will quiet the media and make this go away.

38 minutes ago, Acharn said:

There's certainly plenty to question in this story. He didn't know the girl? Then how did he tell the teacher which child he wanted to take away? "Hi, I need to take a young girl to see her parents." "Which girl?" "Oh, I dunno, how about that one over there?" "Oh, sure, that makes sense."

I don't think so.

He's likely to have targeted her sick ba$tard probably fancied her 

...bloody insane....

...the school will say.... 'it was not their intention for the little girl to be hurt'....

..like the teacher that launched a ceramic mug at a student's head...

...gotta ask if the rapist doesn't have an accomplice in the school....

17 minutes ago, amykat said:

I think one problem is that you often cannot say NO in Thailand.  So demanding man arrives ...demands child ...some employee who can't say "no" hands one over to him ...and there you go ....

Exactly right. Front line staff in LOS have zero decision making authority and are impressionable when somebody shows up and acts like they are higher on the Sakdina ladder. Front line staff are totally unempowered in Siam because managers are totally inept and want all decisions to come to them but when an individual arrives with enough attitude the front line people do not want to cause him to lose face because then their managers would discipline them. Managers are afraid of being replaced if the staff can make decisions. What a conundrum.

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

With every passing day, homeschooling seems a better and better option to me!

Two Thai families I am close to have changed their routine - mother in both cases stopped work and now totally devoted to protecting their children, personally take the children to school, pick them up, etc. and one family has insisted that the school principal sign a document to guarantee that there will never be any incident like 'mug throwing', and more.

Interesting that scumbag child abductor and rapist did not kill her after taking his sick pleasure. 

Perhaps he did not have the brain capacity to consider the consequences of returning her to school (alive). Thank goodness for his pea sized brain, it spared her life. Scarred but spared !

2 hours ago, z42 said:

Just awful. I have no words. This rapist should NEVER be let out of jail. The premeditation, the targeting of underage girls, and the lack of any remorse.

Shame Thai prisons don't resemble the latim american ones as this lad's sentence would last only minutes

This screams out for a Death Sentence for the rapist