Last Bus From Chiang Mai To Lamphun

crabstix

I need to be in Lamphun on Saturday by around 7.30pm. What time is the last bus from Chiang Mai to Lamphun? Also I need a fairly cheap place to stay for under 500 baht near pizza company in Lamphun. Are there apartments (which can be rented for 1 or 2 nights) in this area?

thanks

Buses are supposed to run daily from 6 am to 9 pm, but the bus drivers have been known to quit early and go home if they don't have enough customers. You should still be OK at 7:30. Unfortunately, the buses run on the old Chiangmai Lamphun Road and will take you right into the middle of town, which is pretty far away from the pizza company, which is located near the Northern Region Industrial Estate off of the superhighway. If you get off of the bus in front of the Lamphun Historical Museum, there are usually motorcycle taxis waiting there and they can take you. The only other local public transportation are the samlors, and that is too far away for them. As far as a place to stay, there is a hotel near the pizza company that looks pretty good, but I have never been inside and have no idea how much the rooms are. I have no idea of any appartments that can be rented near there.

Higgy