Debt Collector takes ear as payment

webfact

Debt Collector takes ear as payment

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 9.30pm, pm the evening of September 22, a twenty-six year old Cambodian approached a police road checkpoint with blood pouring from his head and holding part of his ear in his hand.

Mr Wandy Sim told officers a friend had attacked him during a row over a debt.

He said he was sitting in his room when his friend appeared and asked for the return of some money he had borrowed.

When he asked for more time to repay the debt the friend became enraged, attacked him and bit part of his ear off.

He has received first aid at Banglamung Hospital and police officers are now looking for the suspect.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/debt-collector-takes-ear-as-payment/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-23

Frankly I am tempted to do something similar to those "family members" and so called "friends" who desperately need to "borrow" just XXX and for sure will repay by the end of the month but don't.

not sure if borrow translates into Thai but it would seem idiot does (farang)

I have never had a good experience lending money to Thai's it takes aggressive follow up and negotiation to get the money back.  Without exception though, at least in my experience, foreigners never pay back - full of excuses and lies.  Lending money to either group is simply charity.

4 hours ago, chilli42 said:

I have never had a good experience lending money to Thai's it takes aggressive follow up and negotiation to get the money back.  Without exception though, at least in my experience, foreigners never pay back - full of excuses and lies.  Lending money to either group is simply charity.

Was the 'friend' the Cambodian lent money to Thai?

Or is that just a rant about your own experiences?

Edited by chrisinth