New York Times Editorial Board: Hillary Clinton For President

webfact

Hillary Clinton For President

by the Editorial Board

NEW YORK: -- In any normal election year, we’d compare the two presidential candidates side by side on the issues. But this is not a normal election year.

A comparison like that would be an empty exercise in a race where one candidate — our choice, Hillary Clinton — has a record of service and a raft of pragmatic ideas, and the other, Donald Trump, discloses nothing concrete about himself or his plans while promising the moon and offering the stars on layaway. (We will explain in a subsequent editorial why we believe Mr. Trump to be the worst nominee put forward by a major party in modern American history.)

But this endorsement would also be an empty exercise if it merely affirmed the choice of Clinton supporters. We’re aiming instead to persuade those of you who are hesitating to vote for Mrs. Clinton — because you are reluctant to vote for a Democrat, or for another Clinton, or for a candidate who might appear, on the surface, not to offer change from an establishment that seems indifferent and a political system that seems broken.

Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/opinion/sunday/hillary-clinton-for-president.html

-- New York Times 2016-09-26

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

About as many of them as people who listen to David Duke. :whistling:

successful, Louisiana house seat, run for Louisiana Senate seat and got 43% of the vote, Run for governor and got 39% of the vote.  I would say some people listen to him.

I will admit I am not familiar with the great Muslim Mall terrorist organisation the fellow you mention represents, If you could please  provide some stats:biggrin: 

Edited by sirineou

1 hour ago, tomwct said:

Trump looks pretty Presidential to me! Lying Crooked Hillary looks like a sick dog! Go Trump!

A rabbit can look pretty terrifying to a dandelion. 

Here's a quote from the NYT's article: "Many in the news media, and in the country, and in that administration, were distracted by the scandal du jour — Mr. Clinton’s impeachment — during the very period in which a terrorist threat was growing."

Good point, which no one else seemed to note.  Republican's got in such a frenzy about Mr. Clinton's 3 minute blow job in a closet.  Republicans were screaming and shouting for many many months while allocating tens of millions of dollars for prosecuting.  While they successfully got the nation's media and people to all focus their attention on a sperm stain on a dress for months, young Saudi men were learning to fly jets in the US.  They only wanted to learn to fly, not to take off or land the jets.  No red flags went up.  Everyone was too busily focused on Monica's description of mouthing a cigar.  

It's similar to what's happening in the campaign. Trump puts out sensationalist sound bites like, "EVERYTHING WILL BE BETTER" "YOU WILL LOVE WHAT I'M GOING TO DO FOR AMERICA" "I'LL BE THE BEST JOBS PRESIDENT EVER" "98% OF BLACKS WILL VOTE FOR ME IN 2020," "YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY WITH ME, I PROMISE YOU."  Then the press corps and the American public only focus on his stream of vacuous mouth farts, and we all miss out on any policy specs from The Divider.

37 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Unfortunately the majority of those are blatant lies.

Which of her 'pragmatic ideas' are blatant lies?  You're so eager to shout 'lies lies, blatant lies' that you don't even know what you're referring to.   Clinton, unlike Trump.......

>>>  has a history of proposing policies which help disadvantaged people

>>>  is known for putting forth specifics

>>>  is knowledgeable about issues

there are many other differences between the two candidates, ....too many to list here.

7 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Which of her 'pragmatic ideas' are blatant lies?  You're so eager to shout 'lies lies, blatant lies' that you don't even know what you're referring to.   Clinton, unlike Trump.......

>>>  has a history of proposing policies which help disadvantaged people

>>>  is known for putting forth specifics

>>>  is knowledgeable about issues

there are many other differences between the two candidates, ....too many to list here.

Try this one for here election promise lies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles-mogulescu/the-campaign-promises-hil_b_9276318.html

And this one for her service record lies

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/statements/byruling/false/

Let me know if you want to read more of them.

3 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Try this one for here election promise lies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles-mogulescu/the-campaign-promises-hil_b_9276318.html

And this one for her service record lies

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/statements/byruling/false/

Let me know if you want to read more of them.

There are PLENTY more.

Hillary was a true intellectual early on. During commencement at Wellesley as a graduating senior of 22,  after some retrograde hack delivered his rear-view mirror speech, Hillary chucked her notes and spoke extemporaneously, and so substantively and coherently that she garnered national attention for her speech. Trump was probably staring at somebody's boobies during his graduation. He literally can't even complete a sentence, or form a coherent thought, and is incapable of telling the truth. Ask him anything and he'll either say "I'm tremendously successful" or say somebody else is "a disaster and a loser." Watch him bomb tomorrow--no teleprompter to tell him how to talk like an adult.

Edited by Dustdevil

3 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

Watch him bomb tomorrow--no teleprompter to tell him how to talk like an adult.

He speaks without a teleprompter most of the time and fills stadiums all over the country. It is Hillary speaking to small audiences. There

is a very good chance that he will do much better than her in the debate.

3 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

Interesting they the editorial says they will disclose in the future why Trump is not the right candidate. Why not say it now.  The story stinks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/26/opinion/why-donald-trump-should-not-be-president.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-top-region&region=opinion-c-col-top-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-top-region

TH 

35 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

He speaks without a teleprompter most of the time and fills stadiums all over the country. It is Hillary speaking to small audiences. There

Yes, and you can see how stupidly he speaks, and lies.

53 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Hillary has to speak in halls with moveable walls, so they can pretend the hall is full.

As for the NYT article, they should be ashamed of themselves for that disservice to objectivity. I thought newspapers were supposed to report the news, not distort it.

All Trump has to do in the election is look presidential and allow her to show herself for the liar she is. There isn't much she can say that he can't take her to task on. He should imagine he is making another tv reality show and have some fun with it.

After her recent shriek fest, the Dems must be soooooooo scared. Wouldn't surprise me if she developed another bout of pneumonia just before the debate.

Be scared, be very scared.

Whatever the NY Times or anyone else thinks of Hillary's "record of service", or depth of knowledge about the issues, or the # of proposals she puts forth to help people is irrelevant.

Whether or not she did or did not do all the good things she has been credited for over the years, is irrelevant.

Whether or not she did or did not do all the bad things she has been accused of over the years, is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the FBI has concluded that Hillary was "extremely careless" in handling classified documents. That automatically disqualifies her from holding a security clearance so she cannot serve as President or hold any other public office that comes with a security clearance.

Simply put, if you believe in the rule of law, then you cannot support Hillary Clinton. However, if you believe rules & laws apply to everyone except the few, privileged elite, then Hillary is the candidate for you. The NY Times obviously belongs in the latter category.