Need a cassette tape player

clokwise

You can buy a used cassette deck at the vintage hifi shop next to the Samsung repair center on the moat (in the parking lot are many shops - you can't miss it).

Or you can have it done for you. There is a shop on the 1st Floor of Pantip Plaza that offers this service. There used to be two shops that also offered this service in Computer Plaza and Icon Plaza, but since the reshuffling I have no idea where they are.

2 minutes ago, clokwise said:

Good advice, thanks everyone. One of the older used devices may be closer to what I'm after, I'll go check tomorrow. I'm surprised to see cassette players are still being made today, good to know!

How are you planning to convert to digital if you use an old analogue player? Just playing it and recording through computer mic? Much better reproduction with a cassette to USB...

59 minutes ago, mikebike said:

How are you planning to convert to digital if you use an old analogue player? Just playing it and recording through computer mic? Much better reproduction with a cassette to USB...

I've got access to professional recording gear, so that's not a problem. My concern with the newer devices is the quality of the mechanical parts and also the digital conversion is built into the hardware, I would prefer to have control over that factor. I figure any old cassette deck which has already survived a decade or more, and with a little head maintenance, will be a better and more reliable device.