Blind Beggar Jomtien Closed

CharlesDavid

For anyone that's interested I can confirm that the Blind Beggar is still open for business... I dropped in after golf on Saturday afternoon for a couple of ales... but I won't be heading back for a while... very disappointing. :D

McAllister passed on a few weeks back for any one who new him RIP Don

Sorry to hear that... RIP Don.

:o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone that's interested I can confirm that the Blind Beggar is still open for business... I dropped in after golf on Saturday afternoon for a couple of ales... but I won't be heading back for a while... very disappointing. :D

McAllister passed on a few weeks back for any one who new him RIP Don

Sorry to hear that... RIP Don.

:D

Knew it, the last time you and I went was a shambles and I have a hard time imagining it got any better without a new something or another. Shame Khun Gun left, she was the the main attraction as far as I am concerned :o

• 5 months later...

I went there this afternoon only to find the place shuttered.

A sad demise indeed if it has closed for good. A genuine quality expats watering hole with not a tourist in sight.

The story is, Chris who owns/has been running it (into the ground) for the last few years is skint and has gone back to England to try and get some more money, but when he left, he left the staff with no money and he is also quite a few months behind on his rent, so basicaly the staff shut it and another partner padlocked the door. If Chris doesn't come up with some money very quickly he will have lost it, but seeing as he has single handedly run down what was in my opinion 3-4 years ago the best bar in the world, i don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

You can't run a brothel with no girls, he does nothing to promote the bar unlike Bill and Darren before him who were out and about every night, also he was shutting the bar between 5 and 6 every afternoon, bit hard to survive on only 5 or 6 hours trade a day.

A real shame... the Winchester Club/ Gun Club/ Rifle Club/ Winnie/ Blind Beggar has been a favourite watering hole of many for several years.

The road works on Soi Wat Boon really stuffed up business for a long time... the place never really recovered.

Is it me or is pattayas roads getting like phnom penh !, anyone coming here for the first time could be forgiven for thinking we are clearing up after a bombing !

The story is, Chris who owns/has been running it (into the ground) for the last few years is skint and has gone back to England to try and get some more money, but when he left, he left the staff with no money and he is also quite a few months behind on his rent, so basicaly the staff shut it and another partner padlocked the door. If Chris doesn't come up with some money very quickly he will have lost it, but seeing as he has single handedly run down what was in my opinion 3-4 years ago the best bar in the world, i don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

You can't run a brothel with no girls, he does nothing to promote the bar unlike Bill and Darren before him who were out and about every night, also he was shutting the bar between 5 and 6 every afternoon, bit hard to survive on only 5 or 6 hours trade a day.

maybe somebody approached him with an "offer regarding protection money" and he just didn't want to deal with it.

maybe somebody approached him with an "offer regarding protection money" and he just didn't want to deal with it.

Gentlemen it's nice to hear all your thoughts, but you have all 'missed' the main point---which is that the new Jomtien 2nd road will eventually go right thru the short time rooms. That whole area of shophouses will be completely demolished. So I don't think any expat (even an Englishman) will be silly enuff to put more money into a new highway.

Gentlemen it's nice to hear all your thoughts, but you have all 'missed' the main point---which is that the new Jomtien 2nd road will eventually go right thru the short time rooms. That whole area of shophouses will be completely demolished. So I don't think any expat (even an Englishman) will be silly enuff to put more money into a new highway.

not thoughts, facts, i've known Chris well over 5 years.

• 3 weeks later...
maybe all the girls died of old age..

NO. They were quite young when I went last.

Here....don't blow it about, but one of them put her hand up my shorts while I was drinking a beer at the Bar once......I told her to leave me alone.......I BLUDDY DID!

Drove past there today, it has a new sign outside with crossed Winchester guns on it. Looks like the whole bar is being re furbished and will open as the Winchester gun club.

What a shame this place has closed down. I recall i went there about 6 years ago, the buffet was excellent, and the inside was similar to that of an english place. i particulaly liked all the photos on the walls of the Crays twins and all. i liked it then, but have never been back, its a bit of a treck out so to speak. Lets hope it opens up again similar to before then ey guys.. :o

Drove past there today, it has a new sign outside with crossed Winchester guns on it. Looks like the whole bar is being re furbished and will open as the Winchester gun club.

Funny about that... one of the girls who used to work there was called "gun"... gun_rifle-1.gif

Looking forward to the grand opening... rubhands.gif

Funny about that... one of the girls who used to work there was called "gun"... gun_rifle-1.gif

Looking forward to the grand opening... rubhands.gif

Good news indeed !

been missing it on the "apres Golf" run home :o

Only been in this place once way back about 5/6 years ago when it was The Winchester, bit out of the way nowadays as i have given up motorbike travel in Pattaya, suppose i could get a baht bus!

Anyhow it was a Sunday lunchtime and the place was absolutely heaving put a good bit of free tucker on, shepards pie and it was really nice. Some really interesting photography in the toilet.

There was also some guy who was the absolute double of Joe Bugner, i made a remark to my mate who was then a bit of a regular and he told me not to mention the Joe Bugner thing as the guy didn't like it and as he looked a bit handy i kept my mouth shut.

Anyway on the whole i noticed a bit of a ''im a Pataya gangster feel'' about the whole place and i guess i was the only non ex pat int here.

Not the most welcoming of Pattaya/Jomtiem boozers but i guess all those ex/pats need a regular place that is not full of yer average ting tong 2 weekers, that may have changed now with the new visa regulations.

Black Pearl is even lower than the Pattaya version - it's located on Blow Row.

is that even possible? I cannot even think of a venue lower than that...was there once and a butt-naked fat girl was sitting behind the counter and changed her wound dressings, she had a motosi accident before... :o At the same time the owner approached me with some sort of a menu card and mentioned that he has now pizza on offer...wasn't that hungry, though...

Black Pearl is even lower than the Pattaya version - it's located on Blow Row.

is that even possible? I cannot even think of a venue lower than that...was there once and a butt-naked fat girl was sitting behind the counter and changed her wound dressings, she had a motosi accident before... :o At the same time the owner approached me with some sort of a menu card and mentioned that he has now pizza on offer...wasn't that hungry, though...

Better than having old pizza on offer.

Been in both - comparisons are odious, I know. But how does one compare dog-rough with really dog-rough?

Hi Thainet.......not exactly. The new road will be located two sois to the west of the "Winchester Gun Club". You can see that there is a row of shanty houses now built there. The reason? The Local Authority has to pay more for the expropriation of "developed land" compared with "undeveloped land". :o

Hi Thainet.......not exactly. The new road will be located two sois to the west of the "Winchester Gun Club". You can see that there is a row of shanty houses now built there. The reason? The Local Authority has to pay more for the expropriation of "developed land" compared with "undeveloped land". :o

Thanks for the info Artisan--I was obviously posting with old info--but then again, this being Pattaya it could change again next week.

• 2 months later...
There was also some guy who was the absolute double of Joe Bugner, i made a remark to my mate who was then a bit of a regular and he told me not to mention the Joe Bugner thing as the guy didn't like it and as he looked a bit handy i kept my mouth shut.

Anyway on the whole i noticed a bit of a ''im a Pataya gangster feel'' about the whole place and i guess i was the only non ex pat int here.

Not the most welcoming of Pattaya/Jomtiem boozers but i guess all those ex/pats need a regular place that is not full of yer average ting tong 2 weekers, that may have changed now with the new visa regulations.

Like 'The Dogs <deleted> - South' eh?

Errrrrrrrrrrr where exactly is the Winchester Gun Club? I live on soi 17 off Thepprasit. :o

This is the OLD address and contact - don't know if it's still valid.

Winchester Club 038-231-901-2 Soi Wat Boon Jomtien

Try this video clip

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/674589/jomtien_soi_wat_boon/

Edited by Humphrey Bear