Road Rage Thai style: Hunt on as "Vios shoots at Vigo"

webfact

1 hour ago, kannot said:

so the vios  was  too close and the vigo should  not have been in that lane anyway, sick of the buggers  that just sit there all day when the inner  lane is often empty, best at 3  am  on a deserted road, even see it then

Give a gun to this @kannot and he will be doing the same. Same mentality. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only  the other day the minister announced plans to improve road safety.

"The Ministry of Transport is taking steps to lay out an action plan to prevent and reduce road accidents between 2016 and 2017" 

I can't recall his plan of action included prevention of agro drivers shooting each other.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

more of a road bully than anything else. a spoilt brat with a chip on his shoulder. such drivers should be off the roads for quite a while.

Well you've just accurately described about 80% of Thai males, so getting such drivers off the road for quite a while might pose a bit of a problem...lol

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

2 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Only  the other day the minister announced plans to improve road safety.

"The Ministry of Transport is taking steps to lay out an action plan to prevent and reduce road accidents between 2016 and 2017" 

I can't recall his plan of action included prevention of agro drivers shooting each other.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

There's nothing new about this either. I recall when I first visited BKK close to 40 years ago there frequent reports of Thai men shooting each other in traffic disputes..

Ergh... Everyday occurence in a lawless chaotic society.

Had a van driver pull a gun on my family scooting to the shop. Still no idea what we could have done but im assuming it might be a muslim thing. Guy had pyjamas on and a goat looking chinnigan and not a lot of people around.

Maybe he was jealous of my wife because he wanted to sit on the back.

Fun fun.....

1 hour ago, JacChang said:

Fine the Vios 1000 baht for firing a gun on public roads and causing distress.

Lock the driver of the Vigo for 3 years for driving slowly on the fast lane. Check if he is a farang, if yes, deport him. Thais would never drive inappropriately like this.

:saai:

Oh, and please jail the person who took this video. That's just unbelievable...... defamation. The worst crime to ever commit here. 10 years jail.

Wouw , you took the words right out of my mouth and most likely its exactly what is going to happen.

2 hours ago, kannot said:

so the vios  was  too close and the vigo should  not have been in that lane anyway, sick of the buggers  that just sit there all day when the inner  lane is often empty, best at 3  am  on a deserted road, even see it then

I do it often due to the roads where I live. They make the 2 lanes into 4 so consequently the best part of half the inside lane is new. They use very little bitumen consequently the inside lane is pot holed and damaged. This is due to trucks using the inside lane and because the poor quality of workmanship. If the both lanes were of the same standard then of course people should use the inside lane at all times. Unfortunately we are not talking about western standard roads. Not unusual to see the roads being patched in inside lane within less than 3 months of being laid.

Soon will be the Thai rules of the road anyone who undercuts you shoot to kill but if you get caught expect to pay the 500 Baht fine, so always flee the scene as fast as possible after shooting the driver.

It’s such a crazy place now Thailand thank god I sold up and moved out last year

12 minutes ago, callaway said:

I do it often due to the roads where I live. They make the 2 lanes into 4 so consequently the best part of half the inside lane is new. They use very little bitumen consequently the inside lane is pot holed and damaged. This is due to trucks using the inside lane and because the poor quality of workmanship. If the both lanes were of the same standard then of course people should use the inside lane at all times. Unfortunately we are not talking about western standard roads. Not unusual to see the roads being patched in inside lane within less than 3 months of being laid.

let me make it even easier for you......3  am perfect road in all lanes, empty as far as the eye can see in all directions..........."a <deleted!>"  still sits there, flash your lights to let them know you want to pass and on goes the infamous "im turning left , no honestly" indicator for the imaginary turn their going to make in about 30km, but never  do.

Try the dual carriageway from Cha am to Hua  hin, good  road see it regularly.

Edited by metisdead
Please discontinue your efforts to post in a profane manner.

And because MANY drivers drive very slow on the fast-lanes there are others who do a slalom between all the cars which is very dangerous.

I also get very annoyed by cars driving 50-60 on the middle or righthand lane...but there's no police nor any rules so they can do it..:sorry:

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I don't wonder, it's your choice. I can't get by without one where we live.

It is not always "Your Choice".

Hope you have a Plan B for a case of infirmity that renders you unable to drive.....

Just sayin

4 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:
13 minutes ago, laislica said:

It is not always "Your Choice".

Hope you have a Plan B for a case of infirmity that renders you unable to drive.....

Just sayin

I have just nicknamed my wife " Plan B".:smile:

Lucky you.

My wife can't/won't drive, hence no Plan B LOL
We are forced to use public transport, especially songtaus cos, where we live there ain't a taxi to be seen!

38 minutes ago, laislica said:

Lucky you.

My wife can't/won't drive, hence no Plan B LOL
We are forced to use public transport, especially songtaus cos, where we live there ain't a taxi to be seen!

Well, na, na, na, na, na.

I have plans B through E since I taught all three of my Thai daughters to drive.

Unfortunately I am the only one who knows how to shoot.

that video show why you could want to have a gun ...and also why you wouldn't allow yourself to have one.....

to protect yourself...the use of it only for personal protection in case like this per example .... or any different case where an attempt on your life is happening.......you could definitely without blinking want to have one.

And that other reason is absolutely dangerous cause in that moment when you are not thinking clearly ...You are angry...sad ...Desperate.......you are just a &lt;deleted&gt; bomb..anything could happen if you got a gun on your hand and you could shoot at people  without blinking .........

that why i recommend people to do not have any.... and to avoid pissing people....to control your word...your action .....to avoid at all cost the possibility that someone would want to shoot and end you .............

If ..you are the best human being of the universe....and a bullet stop you ....just like that...... it will be sad....it could happen....and in that situation .....what can i say? what could we say?...... 

Makes a change from reading about gangs of sword wielding youths attacking a lone motor cycle rider or disabled people.

Really makes you wonder how people think it is ok to do this. They are all just "want to be gangsters".

46 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

More and more I let the Mrs drive, she locks the windows so that I can't stick my arm out and give yet another moron the finger (it tends to wind them up) :) That way we get from A to B other wise known as home to bar in one piece :wink:

555 She must be related to my Wife!

4 hours ago, outsider said:

I think the problem with Thais and guns stems from the face-saving culture. These people feel a loss-of-face very easily simply because they have such a fragile sense of self-respect and confidence. They have to be treated with kid gloves. Look at how they duck and bow about each other. So a gun offsets that. Makes them feel bigger than they really are. I doubt restricting gun-ownership will work, since quite a bit of these are illegally owned anyway. It has to start with education, me thinks. From when they are still kids.

I think you are right on all points. There must be many more illegal guns than registered ones and it is illegal to carry a loaded firearm in a car or  public without a concealed carry licence which extremely difficult to obtain.  However, I think police should enforce existing gun laws much more strictly and throw the book at people who carry loaded guns without permission. More random weapons checks in cars and motor bikes would help.

4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

And you seriously don't think the problem is worse in Farang Land where every minor loss of face leads to school shootings, work place shootings, road rage shootings, riots, etc. ad nauseam?  Amazing how some farang are so blind to reality back in their "civilized" places of birth.

Ah, here is our resident Thai apologist to explain everything. I prefer facts to opinions, don't you?

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Murders-with-firearms-per-million

Thailand is number 4 in the world with 313.99 murders with firearms per million population per year.

So no, the problem isn't worse in "Farang Land" as you state. I love Thailand, and Thai people, but I am well aware that deadly shootings are relatively common in Thailand.