Buriram Immigration Office

Dumbastheycome

25 minutes ago, cooked said:

One guy reports he got his retirement extension without getting a 30 day "under consideration" stamp. Mr. Grumpy in Kap Choeng is still there.

No more under consideration at Surin Immigration for the about 4 months.:thumbsup:

There's never been a consideration stamp for retirement extensions, only for marriage extensions, at least that's the case for every other immigration department in Thailand....lol....Retirement extensions you go in with the paperwork and come out with your passport stamped and completed.

HL

1 hour ago, happylarry said:

There's never been a consideration stamp for retirement extensions, only for marriage extensions, at least that's the case for every other immigration department in Thailand....lol....Retirement extensions you go in with the paperwork and come out with your passport stamped and completed.

HL

Oh yes there was for a year at Kap Choeng Immigration now Surin Immigration. The are quite a few on this forum that got their chops busted on this. I personally know of a few my self.:shock1:

Well that was down to your local man then but it makes you wonder where he sent the paperwork if he was making people wait for a month.

I have been doing retirement extensions for thirteen years both in Samui and in Korat and it has definitely always been a same day result.

HL :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, happylarry said:

Well that was down to your local man then but it makes you wonder where he sent the paperwork if he was making people wait for a month.

I have been doing retirement extensions for thirteen years both in Samui and in Korat and it has definitely always been a same day result.

HL :rolleyes:

That not Surin or Buriram. Do some research and you will find that this bet of fallacy was also done at a few other immigration offices in isaan and two other outside of isaan. It was not done to the extreme of the old KCI but it was done.

Ok. I appreciate the feedback on this.

On my previous application based on retirement I was subjected to scrutinies I understand are  not unusual  for   marriage  based extensions despite the fact  my application was  based on retirement. Nothing  unpleasant or threatening involved  but  despite  assurances to  not stress I  did  after a decade  plus of extensions  without the home  visits and interviewing  neighbors or  village  heads etc.

I have come to the assumption that that was in preparation  for the  Buriram  site as an independant office creating a validated  database of non Thai provincial long stay individuals due to the  current lack of an intergrated  national  database. By validated I mean  a fresh Buriram exclusive database which avoids inheriting  any un filed issues. So hopefully having been through the scrutiny and originally put on a 40 day "under consideration" but  granted the extension in 10  this time will be  "normal " again. :)

On 08/10/2016 at 5:49 PM, happylarry said:

Ok my friend, I believe you, just don't understand why....lol...but Mai Bin Lie.

HL :smile:

It was done last year so that home visits could be undertaken by Imm staff to confirm that a Retiree actually lived at their stated abode. Before only Marriage Extension requesters got the home visit. From my understanding of it.

Regarding the new office go to this link.  

26 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Ok. I appreciate the feedback on this.

On my previous application based on retirement I was subjected to scrutinies I understand are  not unusual  for   marriage  based extensions despite the fact  my application was  based on retirement. Nothing  unpleasant or threatening involved  but  despite  assurances to  not stress I  did  after a decade  plus of extensions  without the home  visits and interviewing  neighbors or  village  heads etc.

I have come to the assumption that that was in preparation  for the  Buriram  site as an independant office creating a validated  database of non Thai provincial long stay individuals due to the  current lack of an intergrated  national  database. By validated I mean  a fresh Buriram exclusive database which avoids inheriting  any un filed issues. So hopefully having been through the scrutiny and originally put on a 40 day "under consideration" but  granted the extension in 10  this time will be  "normal " again. :)

What I and others have seen this practiced stop back in May. I know of no one that has been through it a second time. Hopeful things are back to normal. There is a chance that first timers may be cavity searched. I thank you have a valid point for a reason for theses under consideration checks but its just one of many. What i saw go down there were some serious alternative reasons which we will never know of for sure. BTW I sencerelyy congratulate Buriram for getting their own immigration office, it is long over due. Due not look for it to up and fully running effinciently for at least 1 year. It took the old Kap Choeng Immigration that long to evolve and I was here to see it.

31 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

It took the old Kap Choeng Immigration that long to evolve and I was here to see it.

The first or second time of it opening? If I recall correctly, KC office closed and moved to Korat in 2005-6. After the move to Dang Kwian,  Buriram Province dwellers were sent to the new office at KC which was in a new location from the first office.

10 minutes ago, sinbin said:

The first or second time of it opening? If I recall correctly, KC office closed and moved to Korat in 2006.

It did by way of Buriram, Chok Chai then to the Korat Immigration at the Dan Kwian Pottery Village. It returned and reopened where it is today in 2012. Immigration started house keeping in March 2012 and it opened officially in June of 2012.

Just now, khwaibah said:

It did by way of Buriram, Chok Chai then to the Korat Immigration at the Dan Kwian Pottery Village. It returned and reopened where it is today in 2012. Immigration started house keeping in March 2012 and it opened officially in June of 2012.

From KC it moved to Korat next to St Mary's school. From there to the TOT office 12km outside Korat on BKK road. Then to Chok Chai before moving to Dan Kwian.

1 minute ago, sinbin said:

From KC it moved to Korat next to St Mary's school. From there to the TOT office 12km outside Korat on BKK road. Then to Chok Chai before moving to Dan Kwian.

Doesn't make much difference but my source says Buriram. Anyway it got of town and wound up in Korat.:post-4641-1156694572:

6 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Doesn't make much difference but my source says Buriram. Anyway it got of town and wound up in Korat.:post-4641-1156694572:

It does make a difference. You're passing off second hand information as facts. There has never been a fixed office in Buriram til Monday gone.

PS Tell your source he's full of it.

3 minutes ago, sinbin said:

It does make a difference. You're passing off second hand information as facts. There has never been a fixed office in Buriram til Monday gone.

I f you want to argue please take it somewhere else.:post-4641-1156693976: My very good source I do not question.:post-4641-1156694005: This is a very minor point.:smile:

Sinbin is quite correct. There has never been a permanent office in Buriram. There was, for a short period, a temp office that opened once a month.

It must be nice to get some stability now. All of the moves over the last 10 years or so had  made things confusing.

I don't personally use the immigration office at Buriram any longer, but understand there is currently an issue with the lack of air con.

29 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Sinbin is quite correct. There has never been a permanent office in Buriram. There was, for a short period, a temp office that opened once a month.

It must be nice to get some stability now. All of the moves over the last 10 years or so had  made things confusing.

I don't personally use the immigration office at Buriram any longer, but understand there is currently an issue with the lack of air con.

Never said there had every been a permanent immigration office in Buriram.

"It did by way of Buriram, Chok Chai then to the Korat Immigration at the Dan Kwian Pottery Village. It returned and reopened where it is today in 2012. Immigration started house keeping in March 2012 and it opened officially in June of 2012."

KCI was in Buriram for a very very short period of time on its journey to what is now Korat Immigration.  Some time  after it landed in Korat about 2008 there was a mobile immigration unit that served both Buriram and Surin on a monthly bases this continued until the later of part of 2011 when Korat Immigration stopped it. 90 day reports were allowed at the Chong Chom Border Crossing up until the reopening of KCI in June 2012.

There was a time when there were bi-monthly 'surgeries' rotating between offices in Moung Surin & Buriram. I did a visa extension renewal at the Surin Amphur at that same time.
Whatever happened in the past, it's good for the Buriram residents to be able to get serviced now in their own province.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

There was a time when there were bi-monthly 'surgeries' rotating between offices in Moung Surin & Buriram. I did a visa extension renewal at the Surin Amphur at that same time.
Whatever happened in the past, it's good for the Buriram residents to be able to get serviced now in their own province.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does save a trip to Sin City.  :sorry:

• 2 months later...

Did my "Thai Wife" extension of stay on December 29. 

We got welcomed by a nice lady who did a quick check of my documents. Since I have more than 800 000 THB on my account she offered to do a "Retired" extension instead, which I could take home right away instead of going through Bangkok and coming back to pick up the "final" stamp.

When I explained that I wanted "Thai Wife" as I am contemplating applying for a resident permit, she nodded approvingly..

She then delegated most of the farang hand holding to my wife; another idle officer took over the baby sitting of my one year old while I was filling in some forms in Thai.

Whole process took 90 minutes in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Interestingly they extended my 90 days period to the "final stamp" pickup date.

Was asked to pay 100 Baths on top of the 1900 visa fee, since they do the photocopies themselves. Found this legitimate as I remember running across the street in Kap Choeng and pay about the same amount for copies.

Flawless, so far.

• 1 month later...
Did my "Thai Wife" extension of stay on December 29. 

We got welcomed by a nice lady who did a quick check of my documents. Since I have more than 800 000 THB on my account she offered to do a "Retired" extension instead, which I could take home right away instead of going through Bangkok and coming back to pick up the "final" stamp.

When I explained that I wanted "Thai Wife" as I am contemplating applying for a resident permit, she nodded approvingly..

She then delegated most of the farang hand holding to my wife; another idle officer took over the baby sitting of my one year old while I was filling in some forms in Thai.

Whole process took 90 minutes in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Interestingly they extended my 90 days period to the "final stamp" pickup date.

Was asked to pay 100 Baths on top of the 1900 visa fee, since they do the photocopies themselves. Found this legitimate as I remember running across the street in Kap Choeng and pay about the same amount for copies.

Flawless, so far.

Ditto

Total time in office was just over 30 mins as no one waiting. They didn't want my duplicate copies so you can just take 1 set unless they change anything and paid 2000 baht including copying fee which seems reasonable.
Biggest plus: no 3 hour round trip. 90 days extended to my "consideration" date. Positive experience all round.

I was there on Monday and despite there being five people in front of me I was out in 45 min's. Even the boss left his office to help out, I have to say despite some of the staff coming from Kap choeng I find them much more friendly than before. I hope it continues.

I asked when the border crossing would be open south of Bankruat, as there has been talk of it opening soon. One of the men said he will be the officer in charge of the crossing, he said the only thing that was holding it up was the road to the border. There is some problem as the road will pass through a section of National park (any one who has been to the market will know the last section of the road has never been good). 

The same officer explained why the market on the Cambodian side had been closed to foreigners, Unfortunately there was a incident with a foreigner who had lost his ticket and when told he had to pay 500 baht to get his passport back went crazy. The officer said the man was very drunk and offensive, so the decision was made to stop foreigners crossing until the border is opened with full immigration.

Any one who lives in Buriram and needs to leave the country every 90 days will find this crossing better to get to than the Chong chom crossing, so hopefully it wont be to much longer.

I was asked to report on access for someone who finds it difficult to negotiate steps/incline without a handrail which is the case at the front of this building.
Drive round to the back of the building where there are 2 coned off disabled parking bays close to the rear entrance with a smaller flight of steps with a side wall you can cling on to then go inside to the lift up to Floor 3.

Archived