SURVEY: Should Donald Trump drop out of the Presidential Race?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump drop out of the Presidential race?  

368 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most blokes make jokes like this, and many women do to. Locker room banter is ingrained in human psychology, according to Freud (read Wit and its Relation to the Unconscious). People joke about the opposite sex, and for the politically correct lefty Twitterati to pretend that they don't do it is as ridiculous as it is unnatural. We all do it.

I voted yes, because he has already done what was intended, to get Hillary in. And to have that old goat 'running things' is a big mistake as there'll be far greater chance of sparking WWIII than with a normal person at the helm. Btw, Bill likely said , AND DID, a whole lot worse than this latest Trump saga.

22 hours ago, CatTonic said:

This is a sideshow to distract voters from Friday's WikiLeaks release of Mrs Clinton's transcripts, wherein she privately gloats to Wall Street about her duplicity.

Most people have made lewd comments some time in their lives, but few have acted them out in the Oval Office on taxpayer funded mistresses, and left the clean up to their wife, who destroyed those poor women with taxpayer funded FBI and IRS agents. 

absolutely right on!!!...read Byrne's book, "Crisis of Character" ...he did a lot of cleaning up after Bill...namely semen-stained towels...

4 hours ago, keemapoot said:

The results of the poll so far show that most believe he should remain in the race...but not because they like him (according to comments members left), but because they want the Republican Party and America to suffer the consequences of such a tragic and disastrous person.  I do understand that position. The actual Trump supporters on this form are not many, and, like Trump himself, few are articulate or thoughtful in presenting any case for him - not that it would help though, if they were.

But, I voted for him to drop out of the race to allow America and the Republican party to keep a bare minimum of self respect and for the world to keep a bare minimum of respect for the still greatest power on earth. The danger of a uni-party state is more dangerous than a two party state.

The points are well taken (as always) and this poster agrees, Trump rightfully belongs in the contest to the end.

Either way however the Republican Party has shot itself in the head. The nomination of Trump is of a far greater negative consequence to the party than the usual shooting of one's self in the foot. The Party will survive but it will be absent too much of its essential and vital grey matter.

It is a serious concern the R party will be in a civil war the next four years. Resolving the profound negativity of nominating Trump cannot be settled within the Party until it has its next nominee, which will of course be in 2020.

The R party is likely to divide as each you and I have described in prior posts, and as many others here and in political circles have discussed.

While the factor of political parties is not in the Constitution, the two party system emerged as the natural course of events. It has been essential and vital to the success of the United States.

So now the course of that river is changing, which means some parts of the riverbed will go dry while other parts of the landscape will go under. Still others on the political landscape will benefit greatly from the river running through it. Presently however the only clear thing about the river and its changing flow is that it is severely and thickly muddy. Which is natural too I'd suppose. So we won't have any clearer indications until all the turbulence settles down, whenever and however that may occur and once we're able to see clearly through to its new bottom.

25 minutes ago, Publicus said:

The points are well taken (as always) and this poster agrees, Trump rightfully belongs in the contest to the end.

Either way however the Republican Party has shot itself in the head. The nomination of Trump is of a far greater negative consequence to the party than the usual shooting of one's self in the foot. The Party will survive but it will be absent too much of its essential and vital grey matter.

It is a serious concern the R party will be in a civil war the next four years. Resolving the profound negativity of nominating Trump cannot be settled within the Party until it has its next nominee, which will of course be in 2020.

The R party is likely to divide as each you and I have described in prior posts, and as many others here and in political circles have discussed.

While the factor of political parties is not in the Constitution, the two party system emerged as the natural course of events. It has been essential and vital to the success of the United States.

So now the course of that river is changing, which means some parts of the riverbed will go dry while other parts of the landscape will go under. Still others on the political landscape will benefit greatly from the river running through it. Presently however the only clear thing about the river and its changing flow is that it is severely and thickly muddy. Which is natural too I'd suppose. So we won't have any clearer indications until all the turbulence settles down, whenever and however that may occur and once we're able to see clearly through to its new bottom.

I hate to admit it but some of what you say is sensible.

Win or lose the election, the GOP has some fundamental questions to answer in the future. Trump has brought in many people that might not normally vote GOP, and they won't stand for business as usual anymore.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Win or lose the election, the GOP has some fundamental questions to answer in the future. Trump has brought in many people that might not normally vote GOP, and they won't stand for business as usual anymore.

Yes, I agree, and just maybe we will see a new political party take shape. If so, Trump will be seen as an important founder of the movement, so I take back what I said about him being forgotten. That movement will still never win a major election, but it will have a voice, and that is what democracy is all about isn't it?

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Most blokes make jokes like this, and many women do to. Locker room banter is ingrained in human psychology, according to Freud (read Wit and its Relation to the Unconscious). People joke about the opposite sex, and for the politically correct lefty Twitterati to pretend that they don't do it is as ridiculous as it is unnatural. We all do it.

The only thing that surprises me about this is how many men claim to have never, ever said anything about women that their old granny couldn't hear.

Methinks some less than truthful statements are being made :biggrin:.

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only thing that surprises me about this is how many men claim to have never, ever said anything about women that their old granny couldn't hear.

Methinks some less than truthful statements are being made :biggrin:.

Right - everyone's done it. Lots of women do it too. Bawdy remarks and humour are ingrained in the human psyche, and pretending to suppress such a natural trait has turned the politically correct lefty brigade into a bunch of sneering neurotics.

Edited by dbrenn

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

I disagree that "most blokes" make jokes about being able to get away with sexual assault.  I do agree that most discuss women's physical attributes and speculate on their chances or inclination to participate  sexual acts. But I don't think they brag about sexual assaults which is what Trump did.

TH 

Trump: “I’ve gotta use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.”

Unknown: “Whatever you want.”

Trump: “Grab them by the p—y. You can do anything

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/transcript-trumps-lewd-remarks-from-2005/

1 minute ago, thaihome said:

I disagree that "most blokes" make jokes about being able to get away with sexual assault.  I do agree that most discuss women's physical attributes and speculate on their chances or inclination to participate  sexual acts. But I don't think they brag about sexual assaults which is what Trump did.

TH 

Trump: “I’ve gotta use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.”

Think hard. As a younger man, did you ever made bar room jokes to other men about coming on strongly to a woman, even if it's not what actually happened because you were rebuffed, or it never actually happened to the extent of your boasting in the first place? Or it did happen, because the woman didn't rebuff you and welcomed it? Most men have behaved in this way, and I'm sure you have too.

2 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Think hard. As a younger man, did you ever made bar room jokes to other men about coming on strongly to a woman, even if it's not what actually happened because you were rebuffed, or it never actually happened to the extent of your boasting in the first place? Or it did happen, because the woman didn't rebuff you and welcomed it? Most men have behaved in this way, and I'm sure you have too.

No

TH 

3 minutes ago, thaihome said:

TH 

Yes. Sexual assault. Exactly.

There is consenting and unconsenting. Anti-consenting. Trump goes after the unconsenting kind. Trump is more than reckless and irresponsible about it. Trump is brazen.

5 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Most men brag in the locker room about sexual assault and being RAPEY? Not true. That's B.S. 

Just now, dbrenn said:

Never? I don't believe you.

You don't believe I have never grabbed a women by the crotch or that I have never bragged about doing it with impunity?

My answer to both is no and I still maintain that most men don't.

TH 

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump has brought in many people that might not normally vote GOP

So-called Reagan Democrats have been voting for Reagan's Republican successors all along and they are voting for Trump too. They're already baked into Trump's voter max and ceiling of 40% at the most.

Trump has also brought back as voters extremist nutcases who'd quit voting because they considered they had no actual (radical) choice. These are not young or first time registered voters. They are the same old tired rightwhinge hacks we know and experience each day. They are also included in Trump's ceiling of 40% of the general electorate.

Their establishment and 'business as usual' is their margin not the middle, the fringe not the center, eccentric extremism not the continuum of moderate and temperate citizens and leaders.

It's the hate of Barack Obama that drives the whole lot of 'em. And of Hillary to include Michelle. The whole of the Trump madness starts with being a Birther. And it ends with a Potus Hillary Clinton.

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Most men brag in the locker room about sexual assault and being RAPEY? Not true. That's B.S. 

Well, Trump had a point about Bill Clinton though, and Hillary is a hypocrite for standing by her man while pretending to be the world's most ardent feminist ....

That aside, it's very saddening to see the depths to which US politics has sunk, where sexual peccadilloes is all that both candidates for the president of the most powerful country in the world can talk about. Instead of indulging in such trivia, shouldn't they instead be philosophising about righting all the wrongs in the world?

41 minutes ago, thaihome said:

You don't believe I have never grabbed a women by the crotch or that I have never bragged about doing it with impunity?

My answer to both is no and I still maintain that most men don't.

TH 

Sorry, I still don't believe that you've never indulged in bawdy remarks or humour.

2 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Sorry, I still don't believe that you've never indulged in bawdy remarks or humour.

Of course I have engaged in "bawdy remarks or humor". I just don't consider,  and never have, sexual assault as humorous.  You do? 

TH 

12 minutes ago, thaihome said:

Of course I have engaged in "bawdy remarks or humor". I just don't consider,  and never have, sexual assault as humorous.  You do? 

TH 

Thanks to political correctness, a lot of women see bawdy remarks and humour as sexual assault these days, and it is viewed as sexual harassment in the workplace. Even wolf whistling is viewed as hate crime and prosecuted in parts of the UK these days, so don't be surprised when you are no longer allowed to make the bawdy remarks that you acknowledge to have enjoyed making - something that may come back to haunt you.

Most men who make these remarks make them in an exaggerated way, so as to show off to their mates, and since Trump was never prosecuted for an actual sexual assault, and is an inveterate show off, how do we know that he actually assaulted women? Why didn't they go to the cops at the time?

Anyway, thanks for admitting you are human and enjoy a smutty joke now and again. We all do, because that's how our psyche is made up.

Edited by dbrenn

3 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Thanks to political correctness, a lot of women see bawdy remarks and humour as sexual assault these days, and it is viewed as sexual harassment in the workplace. Even wolf whistling is viewed as hate crime and prosecuted in parts of the UK these days, so don't be surprised when you are no longer allowed to make the bawdy remarks that you acknowledge to have enjoyed making - something that may come back to haunt you.

Most men who make these remarks make them in an exaggerated, so as to show off, and since Trump was never prosecuted for an actual sexual assault, and is an inveterate show off, how do we know that he actually assaulted women? Why didn't they go to the cops at the time?

Anyway, thanks for admitting you are human and enjoy a smutty joke now and again. We all do, because that's how our psyche is made up.

Ah, another one that believes a sexual assault only exists if it is reported to the police. In Trump's case, several women have come forward with reports of such assaults,  including a lawsuit in 1997 that described behavior exactly as he bragged about.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html?mtrref=gephardtdaily.com&_r=0

TH 

18 minutes ago, thaihome said:

Ah, another one that believes a sexual assault only exists if it is reported to the police. In Trump's case, several women have come forward with reports of such assaults,  including a lawsuit in 1997 that described behavior exactly as he bragged about.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html?mtrref=gephardtdaily.com&_r=0

TH 

Sure this man is boorish, brash and rude. But did he break any laws, and if so why didn't these women go to the cops at the time? Does he have any criminal convictions for sexual assault? Or, could it be that these people are just making noise, to get some kind of compensation to shut up. He's a rich man, right?

In England too, there is this wave of historic sex abuse cases against most well known celebrities of the time. Very few have actually gone to court, and many of the accusers turned out to be fantasists or people looking to make a buck. Times change - also in England we had comedians such as Benny Hill, who made a career out of bawdy humour, such as slapping women's bottoms in his comedy show. Unthinkable now in these politically correct times of the liberal left, of course.

31 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Sure this man is boorish, brash and rude. But did he break any laws, and if so why didn't these women go to the cops at the time? Does he have any criminal convictions for sexual assault? Or, could it be that these people are just making noise, to get some kind of compensation to shut up. He's a rich man, right?

In England too, there is this wave of historic sex abuse cases against most well known celebrities of the time. Very few have actually gone to court, and many of the accusers turned out to be fantasists or people looking to make a buck. Times change - also in England we had comedians such as Benny Hill, who made a career out of bawdy humour, such as slapping women's bottoms in his comedy show. Unthinkable now in these politically correct times of the liberal left, of course.

I can't keep up with you moving the goal posts as you continue to maintain that sexual assaults are only valid if a police report and now a conviction?

As I well know, I can't have a rational discussion with somebody that is determinedly disgenous. 

Later?

TH 

Whether trump is charged and convicted or not isn't so relevant here. The sexual assault bragging tape CONFIRMED to so many what they already thought about trump's attitude towards women, and anyone that didn't already realize that is intentionally self blinding. It won't wash. He won't win. He's from another ERA in his extreme misogyny and it was NOT great then, and we don't want to go back. Rapey donald. No thanks. 

4 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

Hell NO!! I am loving his project to show the world just how low american politics has gone and how many Americans are willing to support a vile, unstable, ignorant, selfish, vindictive, bullying and dangerous man for the most powerful office on the planet.

You should really calm down