Do you tell your partner u have a Will?

georgegeorgia

Of course most of you hopefully have a Thai partner you trust.

I have a work colleague who came into quite a bit of money through inhertiance.

He is 53yo Australian.

to cut a long story short, he has known his Thai partner for only 4 months but has decided to quit work and move with her to the Isaan region.

He completely trusts her and wants to marry.

she is no oil painting and is very bossy and runs his life eg, telling him what to order at the cafe we were in , when to leave etc which he seemed to like.

I gather he has already told her that he has over a Million dollars Australian in his account.

He has mentioned of making a Will to me.

Its complicated to tell your Thai partner you have a Will and everything is left to them.

But theres no other way unless your trust is not there.

if you've been married obviously 20 or 30 years then its different but if your some 80 yo guy marrying a bar girl recently and moving to isaan thats a different scenario too and he's told her everything is for her when he kicks the bucket.

Its possible is it not you can be married in Thailand 10 years or more and still not trust  your wife with that info ? 

Dont worry darl your in the Will and you" ll get everything when im gone .

Edited by georgegeorgia

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to seat back and see your work mate lose the lot then tell him I told you so that's it .

Like all the first timers they get burnt and then complaining about it to there friends .

You see GEORGE I have lost friends over trying to tell them and help them when it comes telling them about thai woman I am sick of it so now , I just say up to you .

It has something to do with the the  colour of the thai pussy I think haha .

You see you have to tell your thai girl friend from day one how it is if she not like it then tell her we're the door is .

I have a new one now the last one was a C??? , But I have told the new one before I meet her this is how it is ok NO , CAR , HOME , GOLD , RICE LAND , NO MONTHLY IN COME , SIN SOR and she understands how it is she did try and move the gold post after 2 months but told her you no were the door is and she is great now .

You see what happens here not all , but for most of the  foreign men they get suck in to the thai pussy and can't say NO to there thai partners and it is up to them but not complain when it turns to shit .

Thailand is not for everyone, tell your work friend and tell him to read some books about the place.

Yes I will make a will and I have told my new thai lady this is what you will get at the end when I die she will be very , very well off after my death .

But I take good care of her and help here mum out not a lot but I do help out when I can .

I say it as I see it in thailand and lots on this web sit TV not like me but that is ok because lots of people not like the truth and I have never said anything that is not true here , but you see man who make  excuses for coming to thailand get on here and complain about it all the time , if you come here good I say I am happy for you but didn't try and run your own country down to use this as a  excuse to come to thailand , because you own country give you the chance to come to thailand and live very well off .

I have been married for more than ten years. My wife has no idea of how much money I have. The bulk of it is in my US bank. She has to take good care of me because her money from me comes monthly. If I were to cash in my chips, she would no longer have that income. Fortunately she is well enough off financially to be able to do quite well without me.

I do trust my wife but one never knows for sure. I like the idea of having a security blanket. I tease her about finding a rich farang and she tells me that she is too old to train another farang.

if you marry for all the right reasons there is no reason not to tell her but in this case it might be a good idea to keep it to himself. As far as I am concerned what is mine is my wifes, I have my daughter in Australia and she will get my aussie assets, everything here will go to my wife as she is the main reason I have it. If you have to hide your worth from your life partner/wife than you must be in the wrong relationship for all the wrong reasons

Can't see the point if being married if you keep secrets from each other. Problem with secrets is in the end they come out and cause a major problem. Just be honest and open from the very start. Awaiting the doomsayers never trust a thai brigade, Doom and gloom merchants they will be here soon.

OH my bad there already here spreading there rubish.

Edited by Deepinthailand

My wife and I each have a Will, so we are secure and there are absolutely no financial doubts, when one of us dies.

In our case, the Wills cover me just as much as it covers her, due to many of our funds and assets being in Thailand. At the same time, it ensures my wife can get the assets from abroad, if I die first. Should be both die, it ensures our son will get it all and no one in her family can come after it. We both trust each other 100%, but do not trust many of her family members. One of the main reason for making the will in the first place.

I don't really understand your friend though... Why the need to rush things? (Married, Will etc.). Is he deadly ill or something? I mean the guy has only known her for 4 months.. And with that kind of money in an account, he could be doing a lot better, if he wanted :-)

Edited by khunpa

2 hours ago, georgemandm said:

You have to seat back and see your work mate lose the lot then tell him I told you so that's it .

Like all the first timers they get burnt and then complaining about it to there friends .

You see GEORGE I have lost friends over trying to tell them and help them when it comes telling them about thai woman I am sick of it so now , I just say up to you .

You see you have to tell your thai girl friend from day one how it is if she not like it then tell her we're the door is .

I have a new one now the last one was a C??? , But I have told the new one before I meet her this is how it is ok NO , CAR , HOME , GOLD , RICE LAND , NO MONTHLY IN COME , SIN SOR and she understands how it is she did try and move the gold post after 2 months but told her you no were the door is and she is great now .

You see what happens here not all , but for most of the  foreign men they get suck in to the thai pussy and can't say NO to there thai partners and it is up to them but not complain when it turns to shit .

Thailand is not for everyone, tell your work friend and tell him to read some books about the place.

Yes I will make a will and I have told my new thai lady this is what you will get at the end when I die she will be very , very well off after my death .

But I take good care of her and help here mum out not a lot but I do help out when I can .

I say it as I see it in thailand and lots on this web sit TV not like me but that is ok because lots of people not like the truth and I have never said anything that is not true here , but you see man who make  excuses for coming to thailand get on here and complain about it all the time , if you come here good I say I am happy for you but didn't try and run your own country down to use this as a  excuse to come to thailand , because you own country give you the chance to come to thailand and live very well off .

So, you've told your new girlfriend that there is "NO , CAR , HOME , GOLD , RICE LAND , NO MONTHLY IN COME , SIN SOR" whilst she is taking care of you but that "She will be very, very well off" after your death. 

Just the sort of motivational encouragement a girl needs....and you're offering advise to others?

"She did try and move the gold post" was pretty funny, though. :laugh:

48 minutes ago, bouph12 said:

So, you've told your new girlfriend that there is "NO , CAR , HOME , GOLD , RICE LAND , NO MONTHLY IN COME , SIN SOR" whilst she is taking care of you but that "She will be very, very well off" after your death. 

Just the sort of motivational encouragement a girl needs....and you're offering advise to others?

"She did try and move the gold post" was pretty funny, though. :laugh:

That's it yes , if you have problem I not care .

am I give anyone advice no I am not I am saying what I do that is not advice is it .

why should I give all Those things to make a thai woman happy let her work and do it for her self I will give her a start she can never get in thailand.

read what I said ok yes she takes care of me yes but I can take care of my self ok 

I said in my post I take good care of her as well ok .

I am not going to put my hard money in to a country like thailand,  I am not that stupid.

when I die she can do with  what she wants with her money, like I will not no will I , I will be dead.

yes left her everything 4  condos, 2  pieces of land in Europe 3  cars 1  motorbike 1  house in the UK 2  houses in Thailand and some cash, got  no kids  so  dunno who else should have it............when she dies she  will leave it it various organisations Richard  Dawkins   foundation for reason and science ete etc she aint  no temple  hugger

She  does  keep telling me theres  something interesting out on the  balcony though????

On 10/9/2016 at 1:13 PM, georgemandm said:

That's it yes , if you have problem I not care .

am I give anyone advice no I am not I am saying what I do that is not advice is it .

why should I give all Those things to make a thai woman happy let her work and do it for her self I will give her a start she can never get in thailand.

read what I said ok yes she takes care of me yes but I can take care of my self ok 

I said in my post I take good care of her as well ok .

I am not going to put my hard money in to a country like thailand,  I am not that stupid.

when I die she can do with  what she wants with her money, like I will not no will I , I will be dead.

You wrote "I have lost friends over trying to tell them and help them when it comes telling them about thai woman ". I think almost everyone would construe that as advising people. If you can't grasp that, it's your problem. Not mine.

Telling a partner that one is worth more dead than alive has been a fatal error in the past. If you're too obtuse to understand that "I will not no will I , I will be dead" isn't much consolation if that day comes years earlier than expected,  it's your problem. Not mine.

On this and other threads your pugnacious eagerness to have the last word is causing you to flatly contradict yourself. You're strutting around the forum like some Bogan Bantam Cock ready to take on all comers. Your superiority complex is showing, but it's your problem. Not mine.

Edited by bouph12
clarity

On 09/10/2016 at 9:14 AM, georgemandm said:

Your friend is a lovesick fool and you are right to just say; up to you.

I have in the past tried to advise friends about getting involved in kamikaze relationships not only in Thailand but also in England, and at the end its always been me that they fall out with first. So now I do not become involved in other peoples personal affairs unless they ask me and even then I think twice about getting involved.

Best let them get on with it mate, not worth the hassle of trying to convince people about situations when they have already made their minds up to do the exact opposite.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Your friend is a lovesick fool and you are right to just say; up to you.

I have in the past tried to advise friends about getting involved in kamikaze relationships not only in Thailand but also in England, and at the end its always been me that they fall out with first. So now I do not become involved in other peoples personal affairs unless they ask me and even then I think twice about getting involved.

Best let them get on with it mate, not worth the hassle of trying to convince people about situations when they have already made their minds up to do the exact opposite.

The more you tell 'em the more they go the other way. You're best off just writing them off and bidding them Bon Voyage.

I warned a pal and he never spoke to me again for 10 years. When she got her UK passport it all went boss eyed. He's now a broken old man who admits he was a fool and says he wished he'd listened to me all those years ago. I did not have the heart to say 'I told you so'.

I was not being clever, anyone could see how it would pan out.

Edited by yogi100

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I tried to warn a Dutch guy about 6 months ago.Even though I was trying to be conservative in my approach and merely said "protect your assets at all costs" he then ran off to his lady love and before the day had passed the Thai bush telegraph had gotten hold of the story and passed it around their 645 Facebook friends.Utter outrage.

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

The more you tell 'em the more they go the other way. You're best off just writing them off and bidding them Bon Voyage.

I warned a pal and he never spoke to me again for 10 years. When she got her UK passport it all went boss eyed. He's now a broken old man who admits he was a fool and says he wished he'd listened to me all those years ago. I did not have the heart to say 'I told you so'.

I was not being clever, anyone could see how it would pan out.

Something went wrong with my post so I shall try again...

I tried to warn a Dutch guy about what may happen some six months ago.Even though I was being conservative in my approach and merely said "protect your core assets at all costs" he then ran off to his lady love who passed it around the Thai bush telegraph amongst her 645 friends.Utter outrage.

Edited by Odysseus123
grammar

Slightly off topic or maybe not, if you do have a will then who do you inform that you have one (or two) in place for the time when it would be needed

It's not always that the same lawyers would be used for all requirements and there could be two wills accounting for this country and the persons country of origin

Just curious

I would imagine that informing her that the moment you kick the bucket, she is gonna be rich beyond her wildest dreams, would negatively impact your life expectancy.

If it were my friend I would advise them to invest a large part of their new found wealth in psychiatric treatment

My three simple rules for a secure life in Thailand;

1. - Never spend more than you can comfortably walk away from.

2. - Never be worth more dead than alive.

3. - Keep a low profile and mind your own business.

I no longer have Thai health insurance so it is important to protect my emergency nest egg. Yes, I can get along just fine with my pensions but that will not cover any serious medical emergency. When you get old and retired, you have to look after yourself because it's possible that no one else is going to look after you.

I do love and trust my wife and she is well looked after. She can do just fine financially without me. My nest egg in is the US. Unfortunately I lost my daughter to leukemia a few months ago so my son alone will have an inheritance. I keep about a million baht in a Thai bank. That will keep my Thai wife going until she is accustomed to living without me. 800,000 baht of that money is used for my retirement extensions.

Suprising that so many on here dont trust Thais in general, Thai lawyers or actually anyone in power with the means to be corrupt.

So, who would be the executor of your will if the benefactors are in Thailand?

The only ones I would trust is my own family, (by that i mean flesh and blood)

but there is no way on Earth id lump them with such a task.

If your upcountry it seems the MO (once you go) is that anything on your property is a free for all for the Thai family. Not much use having wills.

As others have mentioned, you are best leaving a portion in a bank account here for your Thai family, gf.

the rest would be banked in own country with a will you know will be followed through and given to people that actually deserve it.

And these "if you cant trust your wife......" nutters 

well im sure that was the thoughts of the xxxx's that got done over on houses and other assets.

I'm married to a Thai I live with my wife in Thailand.

Before I was married to a UK national I lived in the UK.

When I was married in UK for 33 years. We shared everything including full disclosure on wills we both had. Everything left to her or me whoever survived the other. Unfortunately in my case that was me.

Moved to Thailand to get away from memories start a new life.

Down the line met fell in love with and married (as I'm a traditionalist) a Thai Lady we share everything including full disclosure of my wills.

Have one son here in Thailand and two daughters in UK.

Will in UK two daughters get to divide up property there and do as they please with it sell them live in them or carry on renting them.

Will in Thailand wife gets whatever is in our joint and my single account. She already as thai law dictates owns the houses we have here and the land we have.

Simple really no hassle. 

Why should I treat a wife from Thailand diffrent than I treated my wife in UK.

Both daughters know of my wills and both are happy with them. As is my wife here.

Edited by Deepinthailand