It's due time someone creates an online database where expats & foreigners can....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

What about a database for Farangs who play rich while here and then later are found out to be just poor guys living at home with their mum?

A second cause for crashing the whole internet.  :whistling:

There is a FB group called Cambodia scammers which does something  similar to what the OP is expressing. It is mostly foreigners that are featured on it. I have created FB pages in the past when paedos, and known felons have been in the area.  Social media can prevent scams and lead to criminals being apprehended and is a big reason why it is becoming hard to hide over here.

So if you want such a thing it is easy to create using FB, you can make a page literally with a couple of clicks. 

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes but some or most ideas have some-kind of motivation behind them.

As said it can't be done under the computer criminal crime act.

Would you put what you perceive to be happening to the guy in your post on this database.

How do know what their arrangement is. ??

l knew & know of things allegedly of two falang relationships in my village from gossip going around but it's not down to me to be the falang relationship judgement police watcher or any outsider it's up to them to take care of themselves and their own personal business.  

Because i understand Thai, and know him personally and the family and ALL there Thai stories about it. I feel sorry for this guy. They has been together for 10 years now

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

The idea is silly, because there are always two sides to a case. 

In my opinion you could stuff most women in this world into that database. Because they one way or the other, will cost you if things go wrong. E.g. My ex-wife (farang) cost me more than any Thai-woman ever have. 

Better to make a website on how to use common sense, when with ANY woman in this world.

Great idea lets not discriminate.

The first & oldest profession in the world invented by the finer specie, the ultimate predator carnival, top of the food chain men eaters.

The family unit in the west has done 180° turnaround where the women have their own job money, birth control so only interested in a career not a Family, females are not dependent on a man no more. Buyer be where it's a very stressful life these days for good family men, loose you're hair by 30, and prostate cancer by 40s, besides becoming homeless.

So Adapt to the New World Order or Perish.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

I've got an interesting perspective on this because I assist elderly expats in Chiang Mai who get into medical difficulties and often have other issues that require "social work" type assistance.  When Lanna Care Net was started by the U.K. and U.S. consulates, the assumption was that many of the gents we'd assist would be those who had been taken to the cleaners by their Thai GF and wives and now were near destitute and unable to pay for needed medical care.  While we've had some cases like that, there have been more cases where the Thai partners have stood by their men and given the best years of their lives caring for guys several decades older than them, guys with problems with alcohol, bad temper, inability to communicate in their language, overweight, grooming issues, etc.  In many cases, these women have been promised large inheritances, that they'd "be taken care of" for the rest of their lives, widow's pensions, the condo would go to them, etc, etc.

Instead what I've seen in an amazing number of cases are guys who have taken advantage of a sweet Thai woman who never thought to ask about things like "could I see a copy of your divorce decree from your previous wife", "have you been paying your U.S. taxes", "what are the passwords for your investment accounts", etc. etc, much less do you have a Final Will or why haven't we registered our marriage at the Amphur?

I've seen cases where guys never bothered to divorce their wife in their home country, so she gets their pension, cases where they don't have a Final Will, so the guy's kids back in the home country inherit at the same level as his Thai wife -- kids that never gave a hoot about him for decades.  Cases where Americans stop filing their Federal Income taxes, yet maintain investment accounts in the U.S.  Oops, Thai wifey has to deal with filing all those back tax returns after Hubby dies.  Cases where the guy owns a condo here, no Final Will and the overseas kids want the Thai wife tossed out so the condo (and car) can be sold so they can get their share of Dad's estate.

Cheers Nancy - I reckon you are dead right.  The losers who get 'taken' by their Thai wife/GF are far outnumbered by the Farangs who take advantage of Thai girls.  I am, and I know many other Expats, who are are extremely happy to be married to a Thai lady. And I have put in place things to make sure she is financially Ok , should we either divorce, or when I leave this mortal coil - because it is the right and honorable thing to do.  

And in my opinion, of those that do get 'taken', I reckon the majority deserve it - they are the grumpy miserable idiots that give us all a bad name (Farangs). I am excluding the naive love-struck Expats who buy her a house/land and then a few years later when things go wrong, suddenly find out that they have zero claim over the property/land.  But they are far outnumbered by the lying POS Farangs who tell their Thai lady that they will look after them financially, and leave them nothing.

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

Exactly! I too have seen many cases of Farang-men treating their partner horrible and then whining about it, when things go wrong. Thai-women are in my opinion no different from all other women. They just unfortunately have a bad and unfair label stuck to them, due to Thailands well known sex-industry. 

Been happily married to a Thai-woman for 6 years now and wake up everyday to the most caring, decent, honest, lovely and hard-working woman/mother, I have ever known. I definitely will not complain. 

Yes I agree Thai women better then todays White Women back in their own countries. I understand why Young men today are having lots of problems with white women, most of them alcoholic drug addicts very overweight unhealthy unhygienic and not interested in families. But be careful guys the young women here are being corrupted quickly by the International Sisterhood, why do you think they have so many military Generals stepping in to police the citizens. They do not want the Family unit destroyed like it is in the west.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, I mean some people could use it for revenge for something else.

Or what about some guy who does not treat his wife/GF well and she throws him out. The guy could get his revenge on her by saying things that were not true.

When there is a break up in a relationship, it is not always the girls fault, whether it's financial reasons or not.

2 hours ago, khunpa said:

The idea is silly, because there are always two sides to a case. 

In my opinion you could stuff most women in this world into that database. Because they one way or the other, will cost you if things go wrong. E.g. My ex-wife (farang) cost me more than any Thai-woman ever have. 

Better to make a website on how to use common sense, when with ANY woman in this world.

I would assume it's because you have children that your ex wife cost you.

I put my Farang wife of 12 years out the house because of unreasonable behaviour on her part, she was the one at fault

and there were no children involved. It did not cost me a lot of money, far from it.

2 hours ago, transam said:

A farang guy has to provide divorce paperwork to marry a Thai lady....Girl friends are just that, girl friends..

Sorry, they don't.  

They have to provide a document from their Embassy/Consulate that they are free to marry.  Some Embassy/Consulates simply ask the guy to swear (attest) that he is free to marry.  You can't prove a negative.  How can someone who has never been married supply a document that says he's never been married?  Logically, all the Embassy/Consulate can do is ask the guy to swear an oath that he is free to marry.  Some guys swear a false oath. 

In the U.S. (and perhaps in other countries) there is no central registry of marriage and divorce records.  These are kept on the local level and the federal gov't doesn't keep track of whether someone has been granted a divorce.

I didn't go 'public' when I determined to ensure a bad app'n could not repeat her scheme, upon the next victim.

I Wrote Off my losses, and that was that...

But what I did do was:

Contact the Bank where our joint account was, and met the Manager over a coffee;

discussed evidence of what financial damage she had deliberately caused to me,

and he agreed to keep her on in-house Blacklist, so she would have trouble doing similar (banking) to the next 'victim'

Also, go to one's home country Embassy, and disclose what Lies/ Scam etc stuff (that you can prove really happened to you),

so that, once again - she'll have problems hooking onto another 'victim' from your same home country

As seen above, no publically displayed info, from which she can come back on you for the Demfamation...

52 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

And he wasn't scared of the US Government preferred going to jail, declined going off to kill people in other countries, the worlds greatest hero.

I don't know about the worlds greatest hero, but he certainly was to be admired.

5 hours ago, transam said:

Yep, but, if a farang buys land and house AFTER marriage he "should" get half back after divorce..Buy for the GF you get sod all...

I know a guy who bought a lot of land, done their stuff on it before they got married, then he married her not knowing he had no claim on it if it went tits up...

Half back is the same same buddy with gf if guys take the trouble to take care of themselves and make legal agreements with financial things in place, sometimes depends on the circumstances.

I've seen falang with Thai wives in my village too bust up and things turned out OK.

11 hours ago, carstenp said:

Because i understand Thai, and know him personally and the family and ALL there Thai stories about it. I feel sorry for this guy. They has been together for 10 years now

So your part of the click so to speak and whilst you do feel sorry for him you fear for your own status?

On 10/9/2016 at 1:40 PM, khunpa said:

What about a database for Farangs who play rich while here and then later are found out to be just poor guys living at home with their mum?

I immensity of that would throw the planets out of orbit.  Frightening thought...

On 09/10/2016 at 2:44 PM, Kwasaki said:

For most UK guys now no point in doing the official marriage unless needed for extensions.

l did it at the time when my wife could get a bereavement payment & a part UK pension when l pegged it but all gone now.

I did it back in 2000 and I guess that after this long both of us are keepers. I knew her for 7 years before that so it wasn't as if we rushed into anything.

I think it would be better to have something similar regarding people who you definitely should not do business with, people who have a record for scams, misrepresentation, stealing or similar. That to me, seems like the type of people who deserve to be hung out to dry because you can't sugarcoat those kinds of actions.

23 hours ago, Touch wood said:

What a hard life you deserve a medal for taking care of all of them. One is difficult these days, two would drive me crazy, 0 you are free men.:partytime2:

Nah l luv beautiful women I am still a free man with all of them and l'll add more when l come across another who wants to join my harem.  :smile:

57 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I did it back in 2000 and I guess that after this long both of us are keepers. I knew her for 7 years before that so it wasn't as if we rushed into anything.

Yeah cyber buddy understand completely. :thumbsup: