Other uses

Jotham79

How I obtained this stuff is a long story, but I am wondering what I can do with it.  It is 50 kg of mineral supplement for cows, and I have no cows.  What I am wondering is would it be useful in farming?

I am thinking about maybe 100 grams around each of my full grown fruit trees and maybe 1 kg per rai for the garden and farming.  Any thoughts?

SAM_0570.JPG

If it's water soluble, you probably have the right idea, I would experiment in a controlled area first to see how much the plants can take. I usually use a potted plant using minuscule quantities; if it prospers I move on.

A good indicator for you would be to look up one of the15/15/15 fertilizers with added micronutrients. Calculate the % of micronutrients to the main ingredient, than you know roughly how how much to try.

Hi Jotham

That is a bag  of  the  Thai  Denmark  milk group  cattle mineral's, I feed it  to my cattle ,as for  uses on the land it is the  Na , sodium ,which will be salt   plus Iodine ,they  has to be  lot of salt in cattle minrals , as it is the the only  way to get cattle to  consume  minrals ,as most minrals  for cattle are  very   unplatable .

So  appling it to  to fuite trees  and on the garden ,if the trees/plants are salt  loving plants ,like coconut  it would be ok.

A good  few years ago I visted the  Thai  Denmark  feed mill,  what I can remember  the Ca and P come from  bone meal , the Cu  copper comes from  copper sulphate ,that I know as I found a lump  of copper  sulphat in a bag of  minrals ,the black  colour   comes from   Mn,

as for the rest  they are probably  in they natural  form ,so on the land they would be slow  releasing, good for the land ,but with all that salt in there  could give you problems .