As Trump sputters, Clinton's campaign prepares for an even nastier race

webfact

4 hours ago, surangw said:

this has been making the rounds,    seems there are still a lot of  average citizens fed  up with the current admin

THIS IS IT IN A NUT SHELL.....

Millions of trump supporters feel this way about Donald J. Trump....."We don't care if the guy swears... or how many times he's been married...or who he voted for, or what his income tax return shows. We want the problems fixed. Yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. We know he's not a racist, or bad to women, or all the other things the liberal media is trying to label him with. We know he's raised a good family, and that says a lot about him.
The country is a mess because  politicians suck, the Republican Party is two faced & gutless, and illegals are everywhere and Muslims are openly trying to hurt this country and make the civilized world adjust to them. We want it all fixed!
We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell, and so many of the elected establishment. We don't care that Rubio, Cruz, Ryan, the Bush's, and so many other top old and new Republicans refuse to endorse him for their own selfish reasons, and we know what they are. We don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorists, we don't care that he tried some businesses that didn't work out.
This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are
being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims, where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in, AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED. And TRUMP is the only guy who seems to  understand what the people want.
We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic and Republican Party.
We're angry about the Iran deal, the budget, treatment of Israel, military weakness, lobbyists, special interests, overpaid politicians with their self
serving bills and back room deals, trade deals, loss of jobs, manipulated economic numbers, businesses fleeing, and even the phoney pay for play Clinton Foundation.
Americans are no longer going to be fooled, and the movement is out to
change the direction we're taking. Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, and all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, he's flexible, and he's also not a politician. And he says he'll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar. Public service has become elected greed. This may be our only chance to
have a non-politician, despite his flaws, try and correct the mess, at least for 4 years. We must take the shot, because the consequences of putting Hillary Clinton in office are frightening. There is a tidal wave happening, and its going to overcome much of what's happened to this country!

~ author unknown ~

Not surprised the author wants to remain unknown.  Who would want to put their name to that garbage?

15 hours ago, piersbeckett said:

As a non-american, for me it was painful to watch; the sheer lack of professionalism of both nominees and nothing grand just two old party people seemingly unqualified in the art of debate.

I agree. But Trump is really over the top. Acting like a 10 year old boy. Can't believe this guy is actually running to be President of the free world! When he finally loses the election and brings down the entire party, and he will lose, I just hope to goes away to never appear again in public. What an embarrassment to us Americans!

I find it ironic that with all the hateful and insane stuff Sideshow Don has come out with, from his initial speech when he declared his candidacy, that the stuff that really brought the outrage of his own party was adolescent locker room banter.  We all have seen that he is still the teenage brat that was sent to reform military school.  I think he was just doing it (saying those things in the 'bus' tape incident) to impress the young guys present.  Personally, I think it was pretty funny that he got caught, but overall it is one of of the least egregious of the things that have come out of his pie-hole.  Lot's of times I've had women tease me with stuff like "you guys have no idea what us girls talk about at the beauty parlor." 

It's sorta like with Al Capone -- with all the violent stuff he was responsible for what brought him down was tax evasion.

Edited by bendejo

7 hours ago, Silurian said:

Okay, then. Let's take this one apart shall we? Did you read the part where Hillary states that the US needs to bring pressure against Qatar and Saudi Arabia for this funding? Yeah, she was already on top of this issue. Actually, if you read the email, it shows you that Hillary actually has some military plans for ISIL. Sounds like she knows what she is doing.

While this military/para-military operation is moving forward, we need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups in the region.

What you mean Hillary can put pressure on Saudi Arabia when ISIS and the Clinton Foundation are beneficiaries of Saudi finance?

9 hours ago, surangw said:

this has been making the rounds,    seems there are still a lot of  average citizens fed  up with the current admin

THIS IS IT IN A NUT SHELL.....

Millions of trump supporters feel this way about Donald J. Trump....."We don't care if the guy swears... or how many times he's been married...or who he voted for, or what his income tax return shows. We want the problems fixed. Yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. We know he's not a racist, or bad to women, or all the other things the liberal media is trying to label him with. We know he's raised a good family, and that says a lot about him.
The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republican Party is two faced & gutless, and illegals are everywhere and Muslims are openly trying to hurt this country and make the civilized world adjust to them. We want it all fixed!
We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell, and so many of the elected establishment. We don't care that Rubio, Cruz, Ryan, the Bush's, and so many other top old and new Republicans refuse to endorse him for their own selfish reasons, and we know what they are. We don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorists, we don't care that he tried some businesses that didn't work out.  This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims, where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in, AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED. And TRUMP is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.
We're sick of politicians, sick of the 

Democratic and Republican Party.  We're angry about the Iran deal, the budget, treatment of Israel, military weakness, lobbyists, special interests, overpaid  politicians with their self serving bills and back room deals, trade deals, loss of jobs, manipulated economic numbers, businesses fleeing, and even the phoney pay for play
Clinton Foundation.
Americans are no longer going to be fooled, and the movement is out to change the direction we're taking. Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, and all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, he's flexible, and he's also not a politician. And he says he'll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.  Public service has become elected greed. This may be our only chance to have a non-politician, despite his flaws, try and correct the mess, at least for 4 years. We must take the shot, because the consequences of putting Hillary Clinton in office are frightening. There is a tidal wave happening,  and its going to overcome much of what's happened to this country!

~ author unknown ~

He doesn't have lobbyist money  holding him?  Have you looked at Trump's advisors?  Have you looked at his tax plan which massively favors the super wealthy?  And he even put a new loophole in it which will give real estate developers a new and yuuge tax break? ANd he wants to deregulate hedge funds and banks so as to put the country and the world on the path to another global economic meltdown.  And deregulate credit card companies so they can do even worse things to the AMerican consumer.  And the criticism of the Clinton foundation?  Got some evidence that it's a fake?The Trump foundation has been operating illegally since its beginning. I'm not going to waste anymore time on this but such nonsense. And I'm not surprised that the usual know-nothings endorse it as well.

He doesn't have lobbyist money  holding him?  Have you looked at Trump's advisors?  Have you looked at his tax plan which massively favors the super wealthy?  And he even put a new loophole in it which will give real estate developers a new and yuuge tax break? ANd he wants to deregulate hedge funds and banks so as to put the country and the world on the path to another global economic meltdown.  And deregulate credit card companies so they can do even worse things to the AMerican consumer.  And the criticism of the Clinton foundation?  Got some evidence that it's a fake?The Trump foundation has been operating illegally since its beginning. I'm not going to waste anymore time on this but 

1 hour ago, Linzz said:

What you mean Hillary can put pressure on Saudi Arabia when ISIS and the Clinton Foundation are beneficiaries of Saudi finance?

I fail to see how the two are related. Hillary states that the US Government can put diplomatic pressure on Saudi Arabia and Qatar if there is some financing of ISIL going on. The Clinton Foundation is a charitable foundation and not related to the US Government. It has also been stated that after Hillary is elected, the Clinton Foundation will no longer accept foreign donations.

10 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

one of Trump's biggest enemies at the debate

The presence of outspoken critic of Trump billionaire  Mark Cuban who endorsed Hillary for President wouldn't be an unexpected Hillary guest. Note that Turmp's "women accusers" were also seated in the townhall as Trump's guests. Just not allowed to sit in the Trump family section as Trump had wanted.

Below are prominent Republican insiders' thoughts on Trump, on or before from May 5.  OVER 5 MONTHS AGO.  Before the dozens of mouth farts which have happened weekly since then. . . . . . 

Carlos Curbelo, Representative from Florida’s 26th District said, "This man does things and says things that I teach my 6- and 3-year-olds not to say. I could never look them in the eye and tell them that I support someone so crass and insulting and offensive to lead the greatest nation in the world.”

Peter Wehner Wehner, who served in the Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush administrations, wrote: “Mr. Trump’s virulent combination of ignorance, emotional instability, demagogy, solipsism and vindictiveness would do more than result in a failed presidency; it could very well lead to national catastrophe.” 

Eliot Cohen Cohen, who served in both Bush's administrations, made a list of reasons to not vote for Trump. “Short list: demagoguery, torture, bigotry, misogyny, isolationism, violence. Not the Party of Lincoln & not me.”

Susan Collins the senator from Maine wrote, “I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.”

Lindsey O. Graham In a statement on May 6, South Carolina’s senior senator said he “cannot in good conscience support Donald Trump because I do not believe he is a reliable Republican conservative nor has he displayed the judgment and temperament to serve as commander in chief.”

Christine Whitman, former governor of New Jersey, when asked if she would support Trump, she said, “No, I won’t. I can’t.” (Note: NJ is where Trump did much of his biz)

Reid J. Ribble The Representative from Wisconsin’s 8th Congressional District told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, “I am not obligated to support a bad candidate from any party. I will not support Donald Trump for president of the United States, no matter what the circumstances.”

Scott Rigell,  Representative of VA’s 2nd Congressional District wrote, “Trump is a bully, unworthy of our nomination. My love for our country eclipses my loyalty to our party, and to live with a clear conscience I will not support a nominee so lacking in the judgment, temperament and character needed to be our nation’s commander-in-chief. Accordingly, if left with no alternative, I will not support Trump in the general election.

Ben Sasse, a Senator from Nebraska wrote: “A presidential candidate who boasts about what he’ll do during his ‘reign’ and refuses to condemn the KKK cannot lead a conservative movement in America.” He also said, “If Trump becomes the Republican nominee my expectation is that I’ll look for some 3rd candidate – a conservative option, a Constitutionalist.”

Kevin Madden A veteran operative who advised 2012 nominee Mitt Romney, said; “For many Republicans, Trump is more than just a political choice. It’s a litmus test for character. I’m prepared to write somebody in so that I have a clear conscience.” 

Mel Martinez, former senator from Florida said, “I would not vote for Trump, clearly, If there is any, any, any other choice, a living, breathing person with a pulse, I would be there.” 

Jeb Bush said; "Donald Trump has not demonstrated that temperament or strength of character. He has not displayed a respect for the Constitution. And, he is not a consistent conservative. These are all reasons why I cannot support his candidacy."

source

Boomer's note:  The man and women above are a portion of prominent Republicans who saw Trump as the disaster he is months ago, as most of us posting herein have known.  Yet, there still are other prominent Republicans who are willing to support the Trumpster Fire - even knowing what a morally decrepit person he is.

10 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Spot on and she will make the best POTUS yet!  I said it before in jest but if she ran today she (Michelle Obama) would win by a landslide!  As it is there are four more years of trying to survive before the USA gets the possibility!

......and not too many years after that, the possibility of Chelsea, Sasha, Malia, .........

On the other hand, there may be a possibility of Ivanka or one or both of the Trump boys, .....yikes!  Images of severed elephant tails and blood-stained bear paws hanging on the walls of the Oval Office.

52 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

The presence of outspoken critic of Trump billionaire  Mark Cuban who endorsed Hillary for President wouldn't be an unexpected Hillary guest.

Because Hillary's people made a big deal out of it in advance - much like Trump did with the enemies of Clinton. That was my whole point.

14 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

That was my whole point.

Good clarification as that didn't seem to come across as your whole point.

But do note that just prior to the townhall Hillary did not hold a press conference with Cuban to slur Donald. Cuban has been more than capable to do so himself on many other occassions without being paid by Hillary.

Just in case there was any doubt whatsoever that the press gives Hillary advanced notice of questions here she is regurgitating the question verbatim. Consider this alongside a list of thirty 'journalists' invited to an exclusive Clinton briefing.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/04PnV1IngGM

Were it not for systematic press collusion Clinton would have been toast ages ago.

P.s The Clinton foundation has a Cayman Islands bank account.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

12 hours ago, bendejo said:

I find it ironic that with all the hateful and insane stuff Sideshow Don has come out with, from his initial speech when he declared his candidacy, that the stuff that really brought the outrage of his own party was adolescent locker room banter.  We all have seen that he is still the teenage brat that was sent to reform military school.  I think he was just doing it (saying those things in the 'bus' tape incident) to impress the young guys present.  Personally, I think it was pretty funny that he got caught, but overall it is one of of the least egregious of the things that have come out of his pie-hole.  Lot's of times I've had women tease me with stuff like "you guys have no idea what us girls talk about at the beauty parlor." 

It's sorta like with Al Capone -- with all the violent stuff he was responsible for what brought him down was tax evasion.

Prevailing opinion is the white men leading the republican party didn't mind what Trump said or who he insulted until he bragged about sexual assault on white women.

TH