Being stupid i overstayed my visa

I need advice ive long termed overstayed my visa .,,I knkw stupid thing to do but circunstances i had accident couldnt travel n had no money Now ive enough money to but ticket home and pay fines BUt if i go airport with ticket and go pay fines will they arrest me instead and put me in IDC i expect to be put on blacklist thats ok i just want to leave

Not a lot of info in your post. But if you don't want to come back, what's the problem?  just pay the fine and leave. You will be blacklisted for a period of 1 to 5 years. But if arrested while on overstay, you will be blacklisted for 10 years, and have days or weeks in some sweaty cell before being booted out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If more than 90 days but less than a year you could be banned from entering the country for a year.

45 minutes ago, Ian1980 said:

If he overstay 89 days or 91 is a big difference.

The difference was already explained to him as well as the maximum fine, and in his O/P he already stated he wasn't concerned about being black listed, so telling us the length of his stay serves no purpose.

22 hours ago, jonw8uk said:

you will be ok to pay the fine and leave.

If you are stopped by police/immigration before leaving - random stop, roadside check etc you will be detained.

Keep ya head down till your flight

He should definitely book his outward flight ASAP (if he hasn't already done so) and always carry around with him a printed-off booking confirmation or e-ticket in the meantime. Would probably not act as a cast-iron guarantee against being detained in the event of being stopped, but might assist him in pleading a case for sympathetic treatment.

On 16/10/2016 at 0:06 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can leave at the airport and pay the overstay fine (max 20k baht if 40 days or more). No detention.

If more than 90 days but less than a year you could be banned from entering the country for a year.

A assume you were not aware that you could of gotten an extension up to 90 days at a time for medical treatment.

What's this IDCI detention (centre?) is it something terrible that everyone seems to say to avoid it.

36 minutes ago, madusa said:

What's this IDCI detention (centre?) is it something terrible that everyone seems to say to avoid it.

IDC = Immigration Detention Center. It is the jail you are incarcerated in if arrested and awaiting deportation. It is actually no worse than other jails in Thailand, but this is the only one foreigners will usually see the inside of. All Thai jails are extremely unpleasant and (if you value your health, physical and mental) should be avoided.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fithman said:

What is your interest ? 

Is it of importance that you know the detail of the overstay ? 

You're the one who asked for help and you want to come back with this response.  If makes a big difference with the length of time but given you want to be uncivil I wouldn't find it within my goodwill to help someone with your attitude and just say lots of luck. 

6 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

You're the one who asked for help and you want to come back with this response.  If makes a big difference with the length of time but given you want to be uncivil I wouldn't find it within my goodwill to help someone with your attitude and just say lots of luck. 

He is not the op... and op just wants to leave. Doesn't care about blacklist so basically it doesn't matter how long he overstayed. 

Op. Go to airport. Report overstay spontaneously to immigration officer. Pay. Leave and dont look back. Goodluck.

• Like 1

The only thing I would add to the above is to allow plenty of extra time at the airport. Ultimately, you should not have any special difficulty. They will fine you, and most likely blacklist you, but you will be allowed to go. However, if your overstay is a long one, they may want to grill you, and make you sweat first. Just make sure there is plenty of time for this, without risking missing your flight. Be smiling and apologetic. Be honest about how you ended up on overstay. You will be fine.