What can be done about a possessed rooster?

backdrifts22

Hello, I've recently moved into some condos and every morning before 5am there's roosters going mental in two workers camps beside me.

It's driving me up the wall, to the point that I've had to use sleeping pills to get to sleep which leave me lethargic the next day.

What can be done about this? I'm sure these something In Thailand called the Home farm act, which can't help me here, can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 5AM? Ours fire up with the Wat at 4.30.

Don't even bother trying to do anything about them, nothing will happen.

Rest assured that you will get used to them or simply adjust your day, we get up at 4.30 anyway :)

Rather than pills try earplugs, they won't leave you drowsy.

5 minutes ago, puukao said:

10,000 baht per ritual...

How many roosters does each ritual cover?

Does it also work on noisy motorcycles at 1AM? Actually the 90o bend and bus-stop are quite effective, another errant rider was collected on Sunday morning, only a broken leg this time.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

How many roosters does each ritual cover?

Does it also work on noisy motorcycles at 1AM? Actually the 90o bend and bus-stop are quite effective, another errant rider was collected on Sunday morning, only a broken leg this time.

Of course it depends on the level of possession.

Once, in 1964, I could only handle 2 roosters.......it almost killed me!!!!  took me 11 years to recover.

My work permit only covers motorcycles after 2 a.m.  

For you, special price......................9,999 baht per ritual.. 

Only 5AM? Ours fire up with the Wat at 4.30.

Don't even bother trying to do anything about them, nothing will happen.

Rest assured that you will get used to them or simply adjust your day, we get up at 4.30 anyway :)

Rather than pills try earplugs, they won't leave you drowsy.

I won't get used to them, I had a similar issue at a house a few years ago and it caused me to move out after 6 months.

Ear plugs do nowt, it's too high pitched.

Only a few choices the obvious one is find another suitable place that's quiet.

You could hire a sniper but the workers will replace them.

You could wait until you go out of you mind and get hospitalized or deported.

Our roosters have no schedule. Just as likely to hear them at 10 PM, 2 AM, or lunch time, but they do make more noise at dawn.
My advice, adapt to the noise. I did and now I don't care at all.

I'm used to living near noise, I work on oil rigs with tannoys going off all night, I can deal with this.

The roosters however is a different story, they drive me totally crazy. This is inner city living, I shouldn't have to put up with this, I'm sure there's something called the home farm act, which legislates this.

Go out back and tell them to keep the noise down. 

If they don't go back the next day and shoot the Rooster. 

Then say sorry and tell them you are drunk.. acceptable excuse to kill anything. 

3 hours ago, puukao said:

My work permit does cover "Possessed Roosters"

best money you will ever spend...

contact my secretary for details

Might contact you regarding a neighbour's dog that yacks all day long till his owners come home. It's the same repetitive yac all day long.....a loud yack, followed by a less loud one followed by a less loud one...3 in a row, over and over again.

The rooster in question is not possessed. From your description it is obviously a very normal rooster exhibiting very normal rooster behavior. Now if this rooster were quiet at 0500 it would be a certain sign of demonic possession. Your very life would have been in jeopardy and swift, decisive action would have been required. Relax, you got off easy.

A "friend of mine" discovered that insect spray is effective when given in high doses to a rooster cornered outside near his bedroom window, where it would wake up the owner between 3 and 5am every morning.  

This friend had to get up at 6am and go face up to 100 university students a day in the classroom.  The lack of sleep was beginning to jeopardizing his job and health.  Thus, the spray scheme was hatched in the middle of one night during a crazed moment of exasperation, and no shotgun or grenade at hand.   

Subsequently, the duration of time from the spray application to final death throes was mercifully very short, although the animal did not deserve mercy.    It was reported that this was the first time this friend had ever intentionally killed a non-insect, and it was done without the least trace of remorse.

:neus:

Edited by Fookhaht

5 hours ago, backdrifts22 said:

I'm used to living near noise, I work on oil rigs with tannoys going off all night, I can deal with this.

The roosters however is a different story, they drive me totally crazy. This is inner city living, I shouldn't have to put up with this, I'm sure there's something called the home farm act, which legislates this.

Probably find this act on the same pages as the Dog Act. !    

(Unable to find emoticon of airborne pig)

6 hours ago, puukao said:

My work permit does cover "Possessed Roosters"

best money you will ever spend...

contact my secretary for details

does that mean you can repossess them?

mockery by people who do not suffer from that or any COCK / jungle disco

I wish all of you laughing and stupid info about earplugs (do not work) to fan (does not cover unless you put your head in one)  to get a COCK next door or a noise neighbor (not hard to find in this country)

What can be done about this? A good question indeed. I might suggest that you make some effort to control your conscious mind. It is not the rooster that is the problem, merely your reaction to it. look at the Thais, one never sees them bothered by a natural occurrence such as that.