Charger tralation meaning.

Kwasaki

Bought a battery charger and all writing in Thai,  one 2 way switch has  แบตแห้ง  one side which translates DRY BATTERY,  the otherside  แบตน้ำ which translates BATTERY WATER.

It may be obvious l am not too sure or it may mean something different in a technical Thai way,  could someone please help with any explanations.

I have always assumed the WET was for regular lead acid batteries like motorbike batteries and the DRY was for gel filled batteries as used in computer UPS and emergency lighting systems.

I have no idea what the difference is in charging but hopefully some one who knows will come along shortly.

(not much to add)

Just searched through pictures for แบตแห้ง .

It seems to include all kind of sealed/maintenance free batteries (whatever their internal substance is).

This could include car as well as motorbike batteries.

แบตน้ำ  shows all kind of regular refillable (car) batteries.

Edited by KhunBENQ

20 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

I have always assumed the WET was for regular lead acid batteries like motorbike batteries and the DRY was for gel filled batteries as used in computer UPS and emergency lighting systems.

I have no idea what the difference is in charging but hopefully some one who knows will come along shortly.

Thanks was thinking along the same way as l stated it seem obvious but when translated by Google l start having my doubt to what the Thai writing really does mean. :biggrin:

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

(not much to add)

Just searched through pictures for แบตแห้ง .

It seems to include all kind of sealed/maintenance free batteries (whatever their internal substance is).

This could include car as well as motorbike batteries.

แบตน้ำ  shows all kind of regular refillable (car) batteries.

Thanks so much that makes sense to me,  l tried search but never thought picture.

So in Thai l would say it would make sense it's a DRY BATTERY because it's sealed.

It's a BATTERY WET because it can be opened to put water. 

Kind Regards thanks to both for taking time to reply.