May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

6 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I buy stuff from China on ebay, delivered, rather than expensive EU goods.

I don't have a trade agreement with China. IMO trade is trade, simples.

That can't be possible! According to Tomacht, you have to get on a 'plane and go to the country of origin to purchase.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

The EU is a failing project with no reform and therefore no progression except for the size and number of their pensions.

The EU parliament is elected but expected to do what it is told - no real power - the most expensive limp wrist in Europe.

This coming from the crew that wanted (want) the UK parliament under the thumb of Royal Prerogative.

9 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I buy stuff from China on ebay, delivered, rather than expensive EU goods.

I don't have a trade agreement with China. IMO trade is trade, simples.

Oh, so that's the forum Hard Brexiteer plan for the future of UK international trade. Stick everything on ebay. Welcome to the Noddy School of Economics.

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

The EU is a failing project with no reform and therefore no progression except for the size and number of their pensions.

The EU parliament is elected but expected to do what it is told - no real power - the most expensive limp wrist in Europe.

The limp wrist appears to be doing well, according to Bloomberg traders are turning to the Euro as flight to stability and safety. despite the Euro being held back by QE and low interest rates it keeps rising, most economists that I have read predict a bright future for the Euro. I am a remainer but I wont get involved in an emotional discussion about brexit which may possibly be cancelled at the last minuet.

14 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Know-nothing nonsense. Typical rubbish of the type one finds on Neo-Nazi websites

13 hours ago, talahtnut said:

A flippant comment by one not familiar with German history..And in a grumpy mood. tut tut.

That would be 'familiar' as in familiar with brownshirt fan websites.

22 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

The Northern Ireland issue is a problem, made more so because the UK..PM relies on the DUP to stay afloat.

I really dont know how that can be solved.....At the moment. 

Can I repeat. If the republic want to guarantee their future they need to leave the EU, become part of the UK and join the greatest adventure opportunity since  Christ was a carpenter.    

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aright said:

Can I repeat. If the republic want to guarantee their future they need to leave the EU, become part of the UK and join the greatest adventure opportunity since  Christ was a carpenter.    

"since  Christ was a carpenter". ---And he could possibly get a start at McAlpines

I would like to see the Brexit go through aright.... but to be realistic, Ireland are not about to do that. They are more tied up with the EU than Britain..... so how do you stop the flow of goods/people/anything -when you have it written (in Blood) "The Good Friday agreement"  there will never again be a border separating Ireland, the first step to reunification. And the only people that do not want that is the people (DUP) that keep this current government afloat .

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

d"since  Christ was a carpenter". ---And he could possibly get a start at McAlpines

I would like to see the Brexit go through aright.... but to be realistic, Ireland are not about to do that. They are more tied up with the EU than Britain..... so how do you stop the flow of goods/people/anything -when you have it written (in Blood) "The Good Friday agreement"  there will never again be a border separating Ireland, the first step to reunification. And the only people that do not want that is the people (DUP) that keep this current government afloat .

The Good Friday Agreement  is what makes this possible because it has nothing to do with the EU. It is an Agreement between the British and Irish Governments and as a result if both are in agreement it can be rescinded and to cover your well made point continues along the path of reunification under a "British and Irish United Kingdom" flag. All the pertinent realities of the  Good Friday Agreement can be embraced by a new Union flag.

In 2008 Ireland rejected the Lisbon Treaty however the EU, applied the politics of fear and kept them voting until they got the result they wanted (Remainers refer to this process as Democracy) since the treaty had to be ratified by all member States before it could go into effect. Southern  Ireland is not overwhelmingly EU.

Your argument supposes that the DUP would stop this happening in Parliament. This supposes the other Parties would not vote this through. I don't think that's true.

I do however agree it's a big problem.

I see this as the simplest way forward in terms of process but it's unlikely to be acceptable in political and perhaps emotional terms.

• Like 2