May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Steve Mepham said:

The economy would like to grow ! but cant, We were running at around 2% growth before Brexit, and for this we need what 100k imported people, that's an awful lot of people for an extra 0.5 growth on the year. open door immigration will continue in the UK for at least the next 3 years minimum, so why would people jump ship now if things were so rosy, also anybody arriving in the UK before the cut of date, yet to be agreed, gets grandfather rights that are better than for a UK citizen. 

QUOTE: also anybody arriving in the UK before the cut of date, yet to be agreed, gets grandfather rights that are better than for a UK citizen. 

Please explain.

17 hours ago, sandyf said:

She had categorically stated no election and surprise surprise a snap election, whats the difference between one opportunist and another.

" badly advised, compounded by one of the worst campaigns I have ever seen."  On that basis I can only assume that you think David Cameron was also unlucky-ish.

David Cameron would have been far more more capable of leading the UK out of the EU, that is for sure.

Then again, everything is relative.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Do please try to keep up.

David Cameron resigned as PM on 12 July 2016 and resigned his constituency seat at Witney on 12 September 2016, so he is no longer a politician.

And he was my MP also, at least he was at the time he spoke the words that were quoted!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

It was his leaving speech, you didn't expect him to say what he really thought did you nor to tell the truth, after all, he is a politician!

The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one leg behind her, like a dog at a lamp post.  :smile:

31 minutes ago, aright said:

The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one leg behind her, like a dog at a lamp post.  :smile:

And  a happy new year to you too.

Edited by simoh1490
  • Haha 1

I want to come back to the issue of The Express and Bill, pay attention please!

An example of how inaccurate and misleading this paper really is, it reads:

"The pound gained nearly 10 percent against the dollar during the last year. ING predicts the currency will rise to $1.40 in the next three months". 

The Pound didn't gain nearly 10 percent against the Dollar, the Dollar LOST nearly 10% against the Pound, a totally different thing altogether. The statement that the Pound gained value leads people to believe it did so because everything is rosy in the Brexit garden, it isn't.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/899974/strong-pound-brexit-ING-Bank-of-England-Theresa-May-Michel-Barnier

http://www.macrotrends.net/1329/us-dollar-index-historical-chart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

"The pound gained nearly 10 percent against the dollar during the last year. ING predicts the currency will rise to $1.40 in the next three months". 

The Pound didn't gain nearly 10 percent against the Dollar, the Dollar LOST nearly 10% against the Pound, a totally different thing altogether. The statement that the Pound gained value leads people to believe it did so because everything is rosy in the Brexit garden, it isn't.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/899974/strong-pound-brexit-ING-Bank-of-England-Theresa-May-Michel-Barnier

Now hear this! Now hear this!

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

You want to read fantasy or fact, your choice, just be aware of the differences which clearly many are not!

I'm already aware, patronizing lectures on something so far off this topic are not needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I don't read the Express nor do I relly care to read your opinion which, at the end of the day are just your opinions. The same as my opinions and everybody elses opinions.

Nor I am I interested in a lecture from you or anybody else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I don't read the Express nor do I relly care to read your opinion which, at the end of the day are just your opinions. The same as my opinions and everybody elses opinions.

If you want to be a teacher then be one but please don't try to prove how smart you think you are.

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

If you want to be a teacher then be one but please don't try to prove how smart you think you are.

Great, so that means we wont have to listen any more to arguments from anyone about how well the UK is doing during Brexit, based on newspaper articles such as the one I just posted, or based on anything written in the Express or similar, that game is well and truly up! And when an article says the Pound is up, people like you will well and truly understand what that means and you will no longer be confused, right!

Edited by simoh1490
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

You want to read fantasy or fact, your choice, just be aware of the differences which clearly many are not!

You should realise that unwelcome fact will attract ridicule from those without rational response.

There are those that would prefer to believe that the current rate on the pound has absolutely nothing to do with brexit. The declining dollar has given a recent boost to the pound but that would be interpreted as support for TM's handling of the brexit fiasco.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

You should realise that unwelcome fact will attract ridicule from those without rational response.

There are those that would prefer to believe that the current rate on the pound has absolutely nothing to do with brexit. The declining dollar has given a recent boost to the pound but that would be interpreted as support for TM's handling of the brexit fiasco.

Indeed I do. I fear however that there's little hope when Brexiteers don't understand the difference between up and down nor even what it is that's gone up or down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Ref: my post #12914.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

according to an article that I read, 'remainers' will outnumber brexiters by 2020 as the brexiters (the old nostalgicers) are dying off at the rate of 425,000 a year, so we ought to be back in after that, minus the pound of course.

To that, Jack Reacher might say:....  "be careful what you wish for!".

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, aright said:

But you deflect,  and miss my main point!  British voters had a choice and a hand in electing or rejecting who the next Prime Minister should be. 

Can I repeat the question which you seem reluctant to answer.

Perhaps you could tell us how, in your chosen Valhalla, the European Union, you call to account  Barnier, Juncker and the rest of the unelected Cabal in Brussels if things go belly up? 

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

What does no response at all attract to a rational, but obviously, unwelcome question? What is worse than ridicule?

25 minutes ago, aright said:

What does no response at all attract to a rational, but obviously, unwelcome question? What is worse than ridicule?

One of the questions that the remoaners cannot answer ... because they know the answer...next question please! See above. :smile:

Edited by nauseus

Yep,farmers with big acreages are doing very nicely thankyou out of the EU.I live in the Fens,a farmer near me has a collection of classic cars that would make you green with envy - Bentleys Ferraris Jags - on fine days he takes some of them out for a spin.Nice to know my taxes are going to a good cause !

Yep,farmers with big acreages are doing very nicely thankyou out of the EU.I live in the Fens,a farmer near me has a collection of classic cars that would make you green with envy - Bentleys Ferraris Jags - on fine days he takes some of them out for a spin.Nice to know my taxes are going to a good cause !
Yeah Prince Charles likes your taxes too.